Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 23, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #22,112 of 40,582
Mehhh. .. The Nio is damn good. It punches above it’s price to me. I’m actually nervous it’s gonna give Odin a fight.

I can’t see the two (Nio and Odin) going after the same sound signature. If anything Nio looks to compete with the Legend X with its characteristics, its highly unlikely that EE will look to make a carbon copy of their most popular model.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #22,113 of 40,582
Mehhh. .. The Nio is damn good. It punches above it’s price to me. I’m actually nervous it’s gonna give Odin a fight.
Maybe, I can’t really shoot it down to never hearing it myself. Either of them. I’m just gonna sit back and enjoy these LX’s for the time being. Lol

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #22,114 of 40,582
I can’t see the two (Nio and Odin) going after the same sound signature. If anything, the Nio looks to compete with the Legend X with its characteristics and its highly unlikely that EE will look to make a carbon copy of their most popular model.
I agree. I just don’t see how they could go extremely high end without offering a balanced sound. No one is gonna pay $3k for something incrementally better sounding than the Valkyrie. I’m definitely excited to see what they are cooking up. My bank account however does not feel the same way.

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #22,116 of 40,582
You liking them more than the Solaris 2020?
Bass-wise, yes, sound-quality, still to be determined. I won’t be able to answer that for a few days. Completely different delivery in both of them.

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #22,117 of 40,582
Bass-wise, yes, sound-quality, still to be determined. I won’t be able to answer that for a few days. Completely different delivery in both of them.
Gotcha. The LX requires some time spent with it to appreciate its other technicalities once the bass honeymoon wears off... well slightly, it never completely goes away lol.

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #22,118 of 40,582
While i sold my LX in anticipation of getting an LX SE, I have believed (and still do) that there’s an argument to keep both - they’re both very capable IEMs, and in very different ways.

Jul 23, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #22,120 of 40,582
Very true!

LX SE are proving tough to come by I see.
Very tough!*
I am hoping that when the Odin is officially announced, a few SE’s come up for sale. Hope ain’t a strategy, but that’s all I have at the moment!
*I am pretty sure I can get a new pair from a retailer in Australia, but at nearly $3k, I can’t justify it (esp. with the Odin on deck); so, I’ve been waiting for a used pair

Jul 23, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #22,121 of 40,582
Very tough!*
I am hoping that when the Odin is officially announced, a few SE’s come up for sale. Hope ain’t a strategy, but that’s all I have at the moment!
*I am pretty sure I can get a new pair from a retailer in Australia, but at nearly $3k, I can’t justify it (esp. with the Odin on deck); so, I’ve been waiting for a used pair
Eeeeesh $3k is brutal lol. Who am I kidding though.. Odin is about to leave me borderline homeless. Yay audio addiction.

Jul 23, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #22,122 of 40,582
Eeeeesh $3k is brutal lol. Who am I kidding though.. Odin is about to leave me borderline homeless. Yay audio addiction.
You and me both brother

Jul 23, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #22,123 of 40,582
At least you’ll be able to block the ambient noise from under the bridge. Haha.

Jul 23, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #22,125 of 40,582
I’ll need to find a quiet one so I can appreciate all the transients of my IEM’s 😜
Definitely. Lol, you’ll be free. Just you and your iems and music. No body can tell you nuffin haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back