Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 23, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #22,127 of 40,582
The Zeus was TOTL and it has a balanced, transparent, extremely detailed sound. Almost reference. Not enough bass for a lot of people. The LX was TOTL and it is entirely different from the Zeus. Very bass-centric, very smooth. Some folks find detail in there, I surely couldn't. Too much bass for a lot of people. The Wraith was TOTL, and seemed to be more like the Zeus, with very modern tech and a bit more bass. For whatever reason(s), with all its new tech, it didn't please a lot of people. If I had to guess, and I am guessing, I would think that the Odin will have a lot of what the Zeus has, but with more warmth at the lower end and perhaps a bit less upper end. Maybe a more successful Wraith. It surely won't be a bass monster like the LX, there's no reason to do that. And it won't be a replacement for the Zeus, there's no reason to do that. With all the new tech EE is making and implementing, I expect something balanced and nimble. Personally, I am curious to see what they come up with and, if it sounds interesting, I might give it a try.

Jul 23, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #22,128 of 40,582
This thread is getting funnier than ever with the Odin speculation

Jul 23, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #22,129 of 40,582
I agree with @olddude. Odin won't be as much of a bass monster as LX, as per my conversation with Jack a few weeks ago. They are aiming for it to be an allrounder. But, knowing EE, it'll probably still pack a punch

Jul 23, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #22,130 of 40,582
This thread is getting funnier than ever with the Odin speculation

Not sure about funnier, but the thread is definitely fun! For example, one person already guessed the driver config. And some expectations are not too far off :wink: Ok, back to listening to ODIN, gotta finish that review soon...

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #22,132 of 40,582
Not sure about funnier, but the thread is definitely fun! For example, one person already guessed the driver config. And some expectations are not too far off :wink: Ok, back to listening to ODIN, gotta finish that review soon...

💥 wow... lot of easter eggs in this comment! I let the Nostradamus' arouns here predict the future.

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #22,133 of 40,582
figured you'd have a demo/review sample already.
look forward to reading your review!

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #22,134 of 40,582
I wonder who it is... lol

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #22,137 of 40,582

Any chance of a sneak peek? :relaxed:

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #22,138 of 40,582
I think we might see some early impressions/reviews pop up on the 1st of august

Jul 24, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #22,139 of 40,582
Looks like Linus of Headfonia had a listen to the Odin already.
Looking forward to the review!
empire-ears-odin-11.jpg

Jul 24, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #22,140 of 40,582
fair curiosity from my side... Why everyone is teasing 1st of August as Odin Release?

Did I miss anything or is part of the whole (fun) conspiracy around this thread?

ps.: i'm taking my wallet to a psychologist next week...looks like it is suffering from anxiety. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back