Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jul 22, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #22,083 of 40,581
Ok I'm calling it now

2 x W9 dynamic
2 x BA
2 x est
2 x magnetostatic
2 x piezo
2 x bone conduction
2 x planar

Did that cover all possible iem driver types?

Jul 22, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #22,084 of 40,581
Even if you guess it right and they offer you the 30% discount, you still stick with your Zeus, so why suggest :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

i am not gonna buy one for me , i suggested so one of you can get a 30% discount

it's called 'thinking for the good of someone else besides yourself' , it's actually a very good trait , you should embrace it :)

Jul 22, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #22,085 of 40,581
I’m gonna go with 2x W9’s for the sub bass / bass... maybe some sort of new tech or a regular DD for the mids and 4x EST’a for the treble .... corrrr a nice Elysium, Legend, Valk mix

This is actually kind of my dream IEM. An Elysium with better low end.

If they put w9s with DD for mids and electros for highs...

I would say they win the TOTL IEM game completely. I am 100% a buyer at that.

So happy someone else suggested this too. It would be absolutely amazingly complete sound.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #22,086 of 40,581
Ok I'm calling it now

2 x W9 dynamic
2 x BA
2 x est
2 x magnetostatic
2 x piezo
2 x bone conduction
2 x planar

Did that cover all possible iem driver types?
I think you covered the bases

Jul 22, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #22,089 of 40,581
Jul 22, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #22,091 of 40,581
I wasn't going to say anything because I promised Jack I wouldn't let the cat out of the bag, but you folks are getting so worked up I feel I have no choice.

Sorry, Jack, I really tried.

It's a new proprietary single driver, very high tech. It is made of super-strong materials and will fit virtually any ear. It has an incredible cable that will never kink and that has excellent sound transmission. At this time it comes only in universal, is so incredibly well-designed it doesn't need tips, and will sell for much less than did the Wraith. I believe EE will be able to meet the demand for units almost immediately, with no bothersome delays or short supplies, and it will certainly fill a hitherto-unaddressed sonic niche.

Edit- Sorry, I forgot to mention that virtually any DAP can drive it and that there will be no worries about any annoying hiss.
RenderedImage.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #22,092 of 40,581
I wasn't going to say anything because I promised Jack I wouldn't let the cat out of the bag, but you folks are getting so worked up I feel I have no choice.

Sorry, Jack, I really tried.

It's a new proprietary single driver, very high tech. It is made of super-strong materials and will fit virtually any ear. It has an incredible cable that will never kink and that has excellent sound transmission. At this time it comes only in universal, is so incredibly well-designed it doesn't need tips, and will sell for much less than did the Wraith. I believe EE will be able to meet the demand for units almost immediately, with no bothersome delays or short supplies, and it will certainly fill a hitherto-unaddressed sonic niche.

Edit- Sorry, I forgot to mention that virtually any DAP can drive it and that there will be no worries about any annoying hiss. RenderedImage.jpeg
1EFC488F-BDB8-4CF3-9FF6-7F8F2C20EA7A.gif
Lol

Jul 22, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #22,094 of 40,581
2x W9
6x BA
2x EST

Just give me the 30% off now.
This seems the most reasonable given what we know from the Valk and Wraith. Personally from the Valk the single W9 and EST is already that good, more mid drivers.

I'd love to see a 2-4-2 config... but that's kinda boring isn't it.
2-4-2 feels like a all BA sweet spot to me.

If I had to throw my hat in the ring: Is Empire doing bone conduction drivers? MEST came to mind all of a sudden.

Jul 22, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #22,095 of 40,581
This seems the most reasonable given what we know from the Valk and Wraith. Personally from the Valk the single W9 and EST is already that good, more mid drivers.

2-4-2 feels like a all BA sweet spot to me.

If I had to throw my hat in the ring: Is Empire doing bone conduction drivers? MEST came to mind all of a sudden.
Yea the Valks with more mids would be damn near perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back