Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 28, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #21,422 of 40,577
I believe the silver SE’s RRP is $2,500 in HK. No idea on how limited it is, sorry.

What tips are people using with their LX? Any recommendations?
I use Sedna Earfits and Symbio W's. Slight preference for the latter, although the Sedna's are also very good.

May 28, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #21,423 of 40,577
:ksc75smile:
The Legend X SE was an Asia exclusive and was not offered to western markets (as far as I'm aware). The original Legend X has had the same signature all along while the Legend X SE has a slightly boosted mid and high frequencies I believe.
Thanks. I think the original sig will suit me well. I know graph is only half a story but i like what i see. i was always looking for something with less exaggerated treble but with good detail retrieval and stage. Also at the same time not being too dark while having speaker like subbass.

So far it seems like original LX has exactly what im looking for. Cant wait to see for myself.

May 28, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #21,424 of 40,577
Thanks. I think the original sig will suit me well. I know graph is only half a story but i like what i see. i was always looking for something with less exaggerated treble but with good detail retrieval and stage. Also at the same time not being too dark while having speaker like subbass.

So far it seems like original LX has exactly what im looking for. Cant wait to see for myself.

Still early days but based on my first couple of hours with the LX, I suspect these would be a perfect match for you :)

May 28, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #21,425 of 40,577
Hi guys, im looking for either models (Massdrop x empire ear zeus vs noble kaiser) however not sure whats the differences between both?

Appreciate those with experience on both and share insight and advice about them which has stonger bass, better mids, non sibilance high etc?

I have survey and for amount of $ i get TOTL instead of andromeda, ier m9 etc.

Thanks in advance.

May 28, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #21,426 of 40,577

you have literally just described the Legend haha

May 28, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #21,427 of 40,577
Hi guys, im looking for either models (Massdrop x empire ear zeus vs noble kaiser) however not sure whats the differences between both?

Appreciate those with experience on both and share insight and advice about them which has stonger bass, better mids, non sibilance high etc?

I have survey and for amount of $ i get TOTL instead of andromeda, ier m9 etc.

Thanks in advance.

ask here too where all TOTL are talked about

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...al-high-end-portable-audio-discussion.826876/

if you ask in the Noble thread , chances are 99% will tell you that any Noble iem is the best thing since the 2nd coming of christ

Zeus seems more TOTL-ish , but again it all comes down to what kind of sound you are after , so do some reading and ask around

cheers

May 28, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #21,429 of 40,577
For those interested in the LX SE, I received the following response from EE when I asked about pricing etc:
"The SE edition featured all Effect Audio internal wiring. The bass response was a bit tighter and there was overall more clarity as a result.
The SE was exclusive to our dealer Crystal Sound Audio in Hong Kong. I believe we made in the ballpark of 25 units. I am not aware of what CSA charged for these units, but I know the price was considerably higher because of the upgraded wiring."

May 28, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #21,430 of 40,577
I received my Nemesis, and am quite happy with them. These are a huge step up for me, coming from FLC 8S. Thanks for the board members who helped me pick the right model from Empire Ears!

Bass is hugely improved, not too overpowering but very solid, exactly what I was looking for. Overall clarity is night and day compared to 8S. It's very clear when comparing them head-to-head. The production quality is unparalleled, love the over-engineered carrying box - it's so nice now I need a carrying bag for the carrying box :thinking: And that outrageous-looking cable!

The folks at Empire Ears were very helpful - and I lucked out to get them to the Netherlands without paying taxes which was a relief.

Only issue is I'm getting some sibilance in highs. I was able to tame much of it with the sibilance controls on my HiBy R5. Any suggestions on how to reduce it further? Would burn-in help?

And here my Nemesis next to my Nemesis board game, listening to Arch Enemy's Nemesis :metal:

L16_03067-1.jpg

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #21,431 of 40,577
I received my Nemesis, and am quite happy with them. These are a huge step up for me, coming from FLC 8S. Thanks for the board members who helped me pick the right model from Empire Ears!

Bass is hugely improved, not too overpowering but very solid, exactly what I was looking for. Overall clarity is night and day compared to 8S. It's very clear when comparing them head-to-head. The production quality is unparalleled, love the over-engineered carrying box - it's so nice now I need a carrying bag for the carrying box :thinking: And that outrageous-looking cable!

The folks at Empire Ears were very helpful - and I lucked out to get them to the Netherlands without paying taxes which was a relief.

Only issue is I'm getting some sibilance in highs. I was able to tame much of it with the sibilance controls on my HiBy R5. Any suggestions on how to reduce it further? Would burn-in help?

And here my Nemesis next to my Nemesis board game, listening to Arch Enemy's Nemesis :metal:

L16_03067-1.jpg

Symbio F tips? Foams usually attenuate the treble a bit and symbio Fs are the foams that I’ve found to do this the least so might be a sweet spot.

May 28, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #21,432 of 40,577
Symbio F tips? Foams usually attenuate the treble a bit and symbio Fs are the foams that I’ve found to do this the least so might be a sweet spot.

They're not foam tips, the silicone ones these came with, I think they're Final E-Type.

edit: oh you're recommending foams. I just tested Duffy's Mercy, one of the worst offenders, with some cheap Chinese foam tips I have for my FLCs, and there's no difference on sibilance between them and the silicone tips.

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #21,433 of 40,577

Do you get the same sibilance on other sources?

May 28, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #21,434 of 40,577
They're not foam tips, the silicone ones these came with, I think they're Final E-Type.

edit: oh you're recommending foams. I just tested Duffy's Mercy, one of the worst offenders, with some cheap Chinese foam tips I have for my FLCs, and there's no difference on sibilance between them and the silicone tips.
Yeah I was recommending some foam tips but if they don’t work I’m not sure what to recommend!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back