Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 26, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #20,461 of 40,606
Woah! Having the same issue but also with other tips (symbio mandarines and some foam tips). Did you manage to come up with a solution? I'm currently using the spiral dots which stay on the bore but don't provide the best seal (not best when commuting!)

Anyone recommend ear tips that provide a good seal and stay on the legend-X? Thanks
Try giving the nozzles on the iems a clean. Seems it's the build up of oil that makes it slippery.

Happy christmas everyone.

Dec 26, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #20,462 of 40,606
Woah! Having the same issue but also with other tips (symbio mandarines and some foam tips). Did you manage to come up with a solution? I'm currently using the spiral dots which stay on the bore but don't provide the best seal (not best when commuting!)

Anyone recommend ear tips that provide a good seal and stay on the legend-X? Thanks
Truly is a issue with Empire Ears. I have noted in my reviews that they either need a touch longer nozzle or a lip to hold on tips. The use of Customs is impossible. I used the Spiral Dots, but they do need to be newer, if they are too worn they will come off as well. Maybe step up a size from what you usually wear. I wore the L Dots. If you try to step down for a deeper insertion, sometimes that can add to the bass and the Legend X already has delicious amounts of bass.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #20,463 of 40,606
I've been using wide-bore New Bee foam tips, bought from Amazon UK.
I've used them with Phantom and Legend X and never had any issues. I'd imagine they're available worldwide.
Hope this helps :)

Dec 26, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #20,464 of 40,606
This is really good (in the fun way)

81387563_10221581471986510_3360919592540045312_o.jpg

Dec 26, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #20,465 of 40,606
Has anyone in the UK purchased a Legend X or Phantom (or I guess any TOTL EE IEM) direct from EE and imported it to the UK? If so are you able to clarify if there was import fees, duties & VAT, and what sort of cost did you get hit with? Also how are you told about these costs i.e. invoice from HMRC or from the courier company?

I am not aware that I can buy EE in the UK and so purchasing from the USA may be my only option.

Dec 26, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #20,466 of 40,606
Has anyone in the UK purchased a Legend X or Phantom (or I guess any TOTL EE IEM) direct from EE and imported it to the UK? If so are you able to clarify if there was import fees, duties & VAT, and what sort of cost did you get hit with? Also how are you told about these costs i.e. invoice from HMRC or from the courier company?

I am not aware that I can buy EE in the UK and so purchasing from the USA may be my only option.
Had a cerberus ciem awhile back. Got shipped by fedex. Got a notification card through the door with a "handling"* fee of about £20 or so as I recall. Might get stuck in customs until you pay. I seem to remember waiting about a week for it.
*Already paid for shipping, so why do I have to pay a handling fee on top???? Gits...

Edit :- You can order direct from EE (which I did, back when it was earwerkz) or go through
http://www.custom-inearmonitors.co.uk/empire-ears.html Might cost more but it would be a one off payment and not get hit by any unexpected nasty taxes.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #20,467 of 40,606
Had a cerberus ciem awhile back. Got shipped by fedex. Got a notification card through the door with a "handling"* fee of about £20 or so as I recall. Might get stuck in customs until you pay. I seem to remember waiting about a week for it.
*Already paid for shipping, so why do I have to pay a handling fee on top???? Gits...
How much was the CIEM David, and where was it imported from?

Dec 26, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #20,468 of 40,606
How much was the CIEM David, and where was it imported from?
Ordered through kickstarter back when Earwerkz were on there. Couldn't actually tell you how much tbh. Had been having fit issues with a supra II so Jack did me a favour by upgrading it to the cerberus. Expect to pay the amount on the site and postage, with the additional possibility of about 20-30% on top and you should be about there. Any questions should be fired off to EE as they will be able to help with more up to date info than what I had/have.

Dec 26, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #20,469 of 40,606
Truly is a issue with Empire Ears. I have noted in my reviews that they either need a touch longer nozzle or a lip to hold on tips. The use of Customs is impossible. I used the Spiral Dots, but they do need to be newer, if they are too worn they will come off as well. Maybe step up a size from what you usually wear. I wore the L Dots. If you try to step down for a deeper insertion, sometimes that can add to the bass and the Legend X already has delicious amounts of bass.

Customs is definitely possible with EE. Although needs a small workaround. XD
15746735635621826379327622352520.jpg

Dec 26, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #20,470 of 40,606
Expect to pay the amount on the site and postage, with the additional possibility of about 20-30% on top and you should be about there.

Thanks. That is similar to something I saw somewhere else. That would equate to close to £600 fees if I got the Legend X.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #20,472 of 40,606
Ridiculous. I've just ordered a custom Legend X directly from EE and I hope I don't get stung like this. I'll email them and enquire a bit more.

My understanding of this is that you take the US$ cost Price plus shipping & insurance, then covert to GB£. Then you add customs duties and VAT to the price. HMRC then hold the goods at customs until the fees are paid.

I hope I am wrong on this, but I don’t think I am unfortunately.

Dec 26, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #20,473 of 40,606
My understanding of this is that you take the US$ cost Price plus shipping & insurance, then covert to GB£. Then you add customs duties and VAT to the price. HMRC then hold the goods at customs until the fees are paid.

I didn’t have to pay any customs on a cable that came from Hong Kong so I’m not sure how stringent they are. I’ll email EE tomorrow to see if they have any invitation

Dec 26, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #20,474 of 40,606

When EE sent over my Phantom (to London) I ended up paying around £40 in fees both times (initial order and after a repair). Can’t remember how I paid, I think it was a text message or email with a link to pay online. Also depends on the carrier, as DHL is usually a little easier because they have their own customs processing. Not sure which carrier EE uses (can’t remember).

Dec 26, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #20,475 of 40,606
I didn’t have to pay any customs on a cable that came from Hong Kong so I’m not sure how stringent they are. I’ll email EE tomorrow to see if they have any invitation

I do hope I’m wrong because I want to buy some things from USA and HK and don’t want to get stung for custom fees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back