Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 27, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #20,491 of 40,559
I'm considering getting a massdrop Zeus but worry they might be bass light. I like genres such as black/death metal but also jazz, classical and hip hop

Dec 27, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #20,492 of 40,559
isn't a Dutch seller located in Amsterdam who is official EE vendor ?

not sure about CIEMs though
Yes, Hifisolutions.nl which is a trusted store. At least, I would buy there without worries. There is however a big 'but' because the UK is leaving the EU on January 31st and that could mean import fees on items shipped between the EU and UK (if it gets sent after that date).
** Attention Head-fi friends **

If you're looking to buy a pair of used EE VALKYRIE and come across this add on EBAY coming from Australia, don't buy it, please. I was victim of a fraud and this one is most likely to be the one. An investigation has been started.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: link https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/333450789607

That is horrible! I hope this gets sorted for you asap and that the person responsible gets held to account.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #20,493 of 40,559
I'm considering getting a massdrop Zeus but worry they might be bass light. I like genres such as black/death metal but also jazz, classical and hip hop

If you are a basshead, they will be bass light. If you like a lot of bass but are not a basshead, they will be bass light. If you like your music balanced and bass isn't your favorite area of the sound, they should be great for you.

Dec 29, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #20,495 of 40,559
Some delays in shipping my order as the Area 2.5mm cables are currently out of stock... The wait continues. :frowning2:

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #20,497 of 40,559
Soooo I’ve had my Legend X for a few hours now and here are my preliminary thoughts and impressions:

1. Well, the bass. Let’s face it - that’s the first thing you’ll notice when you play the LX for the first time - I generally speaking don’t care too much about bass but boy am I loving it in the LX. The one and only IEM that can draw my attention to the bass and do so in a fun and enjoyable manner
2. The level of technicality, but above all, the separation. The LX could never get away with this much bass if it weren’t perfectly separated from the midrange and treble. As I had stated in my impressions from the canjam, the LX maintains excellent clarity despite the sheer quantity of bass
3. The soundstage - extremely wide, more so than deep I’d say. Pretty refreshing since most new TOTLs focus on depth instead of width and I’ve started missing a properly wide and big soundstage.
4. The fit - maybe I should’ve mentioned that first, as those are the only UIEMs that I’ve put in my ears and thought, “well this is ****ing perfect” - absolutely amazing
5. In terms of shape, I’d say it’s hard to define the LX. I don’t think it has enough treble to be called an outright V, maybe more of an L? Warm and slightly dark I’d say, but paired with the plus sound silver + gold cable I’ve been able to add some more treble to the mix and loving it even more
6. The absolute reference for pop, rock, hip hop, altrock and other similar genres. Nothing I’ve heard comes close to what the LX delivers
7. I’ll definitely wait a while before reviewing. It’s an IEM that is extremely fun and easy to like, but I am not sure just how much of that can be attributed to a honeymoon

Happy holidays folks!
C8C93F5F-C4D1-4535-A553-5D40E9E7F3EF.jpeg

Dec 30, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #20,499 of 40,559
I’ve noticed a sneaky Hugo2 in the signature there @mvvRAZ - what’s the story? Hoping for some added sparkle for the LX? :wink:

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #20,500 of 40,559
I’ve noticed a sneaky Hugo2 in the signature there @mvvRAZ - what’s the story? Hoping for some added sparkle for the LX? :wink:
Hahahah

I missed my flight in Dubai and went to a local dealer who gave me a crazy good deal on the Hugo2

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #20,501 of 40,559
Soooo I’ve had my Legend X for a few hours now and here are my preliminary thoughts and impressions:

1. Well, the bass. Let’s face it - that’s the first thing you’ll notice when you play the LX for the first time - I generally speaking don’t care too much about bass but boy am I loving it in the LX. The one and only IEM that can draw my attention to the bass and do so in a fun and enjoyable manner
2. The level of technicality, but above all, the separation. The LX could never get away with this much bass if it weren’t perfectly separated from the midrange and treble. As I had stated in my impressions from the canjam, the LX maintains excellent clarity despite the sheer quantity of bass
3. The soundstage - extremely wide, more so than deep I’d say. Pretty refreshing since most new TOTLs focus on depth instead of width and I’ve started missing a properly wide and big soundstage.
4. The fit - maybe I should’ve mentioned that first, as those are the only UIEMs that I’ve put in my ears and thought, “well this is ****ing perfect” - absolutely amazing
5. In terms of shape, I’d say it’s hard to define the LX. I don’t think it has enough treble to be called an outright V, maybe more of an L? Warm and slightly dark I’d say, but paired with the plus sound silver + gold cable I’ve been able to add some more treble to the mix and loving it even more
6. The absolute reference for pop, rock, hip hop, altrock and other similar genres. Nothing I’ve heard comes close to what the LX delivers
7. I’ll definitely wait a while before reviewing. It’s an IEM that is extremely fun and easy to like, but I am not sure just how much of that can be attributed to a honeymoon

Happy holidays folks!
For a treble head to mention such good things about the LX. Should havr something nice there. Love my LX.

Dec 30, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #20,502 of 40,559
For a treble head to mention such good things about the LX. Should havr something nice there. Love my LX.
It’s an objectively amazing IEM. I’d never be able to only own the LX, as I can only see myself use it in specific scenarios, but I’m very very glad to have it as a part of the collection

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #20,504 of 40,559
i have been hearing a lot of people who bought the mass drop zeus having serious low noise, isn't it the case?
i am a very happy zeus xra user, i never have had this issue. i sold my ares II cable and having the crystal cable dream duet on, it gives much more detail to my zeus.
recently i tried the toxic cable black widow and medusa17, they also give very good detail.
but i come to some personal conclusion that zeus is better with a thicker iem cable, whatever it is, that will definitely help sparking the detail and giving more depth.

Happy New Year.

Dec 31, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #20,505 of 40,559
It’s an objectively amazing IEM. I’d never be able to only own the LX, as I can only see myself use it in specific scenarios, but I’m very very glad to have it as a part of the collection
Again as stated ad nauseum my LX had a year on it before I reviewed it. I would caution anyone reading quick impressions about the LX and making judgements or deciding whether or not to purchase it. It has incredible technicality. The coherency is impressive and the majority of no top end or too much bass comments are quick listens or initial impressions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back