Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 11, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #17,972 of 40,559
I know one who does and he loves the combination.

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #17,973 of 40,559
For what its worth, the Phantom benefits a lot from a different cable. The stock Ares II sounded great to me until I tried a Janus D, then went back to the Ares. Pure copper sounded way too warm and thick to me as well. I'm in love now with the Janus D + Phantom. I haven't tried the LX, but I sold my Zeus R in favor of this combo. Details on Zeus are incredible but the lack of bottom end was an issue, and the Phantom just has the perfect weight for my music tastes (prog rock, metal, and jazz).

I prefer the legend to phantom but I'll be darned the janus d with phantom is pretty awesome. However, janus d on legend x also sounds amazing imo. Expensive upgrade however

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #17,975 of 40,559
Hey Guys! @Devon Higgins and I have an idea that we are trying to coordinate..

We would love to get some of your content up on our social media. If you would like to, shoot me a PM with some pics of your gear! We would love to see some customs, as well as universals! We only post once or twice a day currently, but if you keep an eye out you may see your content featured! Let me know your IG handle and if you would like us to shout out your Head-Fi profile, in that message as well!

You guys are the best. :beerchug:

Jun 12, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #17,976 of 40,559
lol I still remember when I first heard the Phantom. My jaw actually dropped in front of Jack when he told me it was all BAs. They can't really be compared but I'd say it's a solid in-between of LX and Zeus.
Hmm, I might be biased from having listened to the Bravado and/or Legend before the Phantom but the fact that it's all BA was not surprising to me at all. It might just be because the Chinese market is pumping out stuff with the newer, huge bass BAs so quickly, but the bass was definitely not a standout feature for me on the Phantom.

Edit: also, Austin, you can be assured that I will post many pictures of my Legends when the time comes :eyes:

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #17,977 of 40,559
Hmm, I might be biased from having listened to the Bravado and/or Legend before the Phantom but the fact that it's all BA was not surprising to me at all. It might just be because the Chinese market is pumping out stuff with the newer, huge bass BAs so quickly, but the bass was definitely not a standout feature for me on the Phantom.

Edit: also, Austin, you can be assured that I will post many pictures of my Legends when the time comes :eyes:

I personally just haven't heard a BA that does bass as clean as the Phantom does, but then again I'm not a huge basshead. It may not be the standout feature but it definitely contributes to what makes the Phantom so pleasant sounding imo.

Jun 13, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #17,978 of 40,559
The more I listen to the Phantom, the more I find I am liking it. I also like the Legend X, so it will be a tough decision, but I think the Phantom is better with multiple genres and the bass is almost the perfect amount for me. I do love the Legend X bass though!

Jun 13, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #17,979 of 40,559
The more I listen to the Phantom, the more I find I am liking it. I also like the Legend X, so it will be a tough decision, but I think the Phantom is better with multiple genres and the bass is almost the perfect amount for me. I do love the Legend X bass though!
The Phantom doesn't wow you immediately - it's an IEM that you grow to appreciate increasingly with each listen :L3000:

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #17,981 of 40,559
I personally just haven't heard a BA that does bass as clean as the Phantom does, but then again I'm not a huge basshead. It may not be the standout feature but it definitely contributes to what makes the Phantom so pleasant sounding imo.

Agreed. I love them every time I listen to and don’t regret to own them. :smile_phones:

I'm a huge bass head and LOVE the Legend X but I do find that the bass on the Phantom is some of the cleanest BA bass you can find. It is extremely quick, and responsive yet very present. It doesn't hit you in the face the way the Legend can, but man can it perform...

Jun 13, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #17,982 of 40,559
I'm a huge bass head and LOVE the Legend X but I do find that the bass on the Phantom is some of the cleanest BA bass you can find. It is extremely quick, and responsive yet very present. It doesn't hit you in the face the way the Legend can, but man can it perform...
I feel cheated....my Legend X isn't the basshead variety :k701smile:. I have heard some really nice BA bass in the past year, it truly has improved. I think I am partial to DD bass and planar isn't bad either.

Jun 13, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #17,983 of 40,559
I feel cheated....my Legend X isn't the basshead variety :k701smile:. I have heard some really nice BA bass in the past year, it truly has improved. I think I am partial to DD bass and planar isn't bad either.
That's what I love about the Legend. The dynamic drivers. The low end is never overpowering or overwhelming IMHO, but it is felt for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back