Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jun 3, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #17,866 of 40,559
For those who are thinking about the Massdrop Zeus XlV, mine just arrived and is being burned in. Looks nice, slightly smaller than my XR, the color is nice, the sound (so far) is close to what my XR delivers (in X). The cable, however, had to go. I replaced it within five minutes for an Ares ll balanced, which made a big difference. The stock cable might be nice with a warmer DAP, but hybrids don't work for me with the Zeus/SPKSS combo. For $1K, a very good deal indeed. I'm having my Ares made into an 8-wire with a PSquared plug and I expect very nice things after about 50 hours.

Awesome, mine are still a few days out but I'm looking forward to them. Not even bothering with the stock cable as I'll be slapping on a 1960's 2 wire. The stock cable is made by Null Audio though so it should be decent

Jun 3, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #17,867 of 40,559
It's decent, just too bright for my combo. I put on the 4-wire Ares ll and there was the sound I wanted. When I get it all the way burned in and with an 8-wire, it should be the equal to my XR.

Jun 3, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #17,868 of 40,559
For those who are thinking about the Massdrop Zeus XlV, mine just arrived and is being burned in. Looks nice, slightly smaller than my XR, the color is nice, the sound (so far) is close to what my XR delivers (in X). The cable, however, had to go. I replaced it within five minutes for an Ares ll balanced, which made a big difference. The stock cable might be nice with a warmer DAP, but hybrids don't work for me with the Zeus/SPKSS combo. For $1K, a very good deal indeed. I'm having my Ares made into an 8-wire with a PSquared plug and I expect very nice things after about 50 hours.
"I'll slap a 19x0 series on that <Insert Empire IEM name>" truly words of wisdom.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #17,869 of 40,559
Along with Deezel, I heard an early prototype of one of the EE models and my jaw actually dropped. It was unlike any IEM I have ever heard, and I own over 35 CIEMs. That being said it was an early version, but I think we are all in for a very pleasant surprise.

Can confirm, jaw dropped as well... at least twice. I'm just so excited.

Jun 4, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #17,872 of 40,559
Expect details and pre-order information early next week! As for Valkyrie pricing....let's just say it comes in at nearly half of that :wink:

Jack ?? "... early next week" ? :)
Ticktock... time is running!

giphy.gif

Jun 4, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #17,874 of 40,559
Anyone heard both the JH13v2 Pro and Zeus-R? Do they have a similar sound signature?

Jun 4, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #17,875 of 40,559
5.7K for the King Arthur's with some justification for "premium package and accessories"? have anyone seen the Sony's IER-Z1R? That's a PREMIUM package and accessories.

Really curious to give these new guys a try. Previous experience with Stats were not the best, expected more (Khan)

Jun 4, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #17,876 of 40,559
Very interested in purchasing the Valkyrie.

What a bummer, i was hoping to see the new iem, guess the waiting continues

Jack ?? "... early next week" ? :)
Ticktock... time is running!

Hey everyone! Sorry for the radio silence. As you can see, we are working on a lot of cool things over here at Empire. I hate to make you guys wait any longer, but trust me when I say it will be worth it. We only want to bring you guys the absolute best experience and we are taking the time to ensure that you get that, from start to finish.

We will be announcing all Specs and Pre-Order Info soon. Bear with us and I assure you that as soon as that information drops, you will be the first to know! :ghost:

Jun 4, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #17,877 of 40,559
Hey everyone! Sorry for the radio silence. As you can see, we are working on a lot of cool things over here at Empire. I hate to make you guys wait any longer, but trust me when I say it will be worth it. We only want to bring you guys the absolute best experience and we are taking the time to ensure that you get that, from start to finish.

We will be announcing all Specs and Pre-Order Info soon. Bear with us and I assure you that as soon as that information drops, you will be the first to know! :ghost:

giphy.gif

Jun 4, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #17,879 of 40,559
My custom Phantoms are back at EE for a fit adjustment, so I'm using my universal Phantoms in the meantime. What a difference in sound! The universals sound muffled by comparison (same cable and DAP), and the isolation is worse. Assuming the tips absorb some sound. So, this is a plug for going custom. :)

Agreed. Both of my EE Spartans and Phantoms are custom made. I got some hassles with the tips for isolating the sound when at the public place. My next Valkyrie would be CIEM too. :wink:

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #17,880 of 40,559
CIEM form is the perfect form to listen to, imho

i know about the disadvantage = lower resell value bla bla bla , but i don't care i am addicted to CIEM form - in fact, ever since i first went custom back in 2016 i have never gone back to uni form again

CIEM till i die , baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back