Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 6, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #17,613 of 40,577
Maybe get a bravado next time for a back up:p Sympathize.
What happens when your backup are also TOTLs and both need to be repaired?
Stuff of nightmares I tell you. I can't imagine having to go without Zeus or Phantom.

May 6, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #17,615 of 40,577
That’s why you need the legend x too.
Thats what Empire tells me too veryyyyyyyy subtly. Still cable rolling for Zeus and Phantom. Then a new DAP, maybe Project K mod for WM1A. THEN LX, as much as I want to rattle my teeth out... Not yet.

May 7, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #17,616 of 40,577
Thats what Empire tells me too veryyyyyyyy subtly. Still cable rolling for Zeus and Phantom. Then a new DAP, maybe Project K mod for WM1A. THEN LX, as much as I want to rattle my teeth out... Not yet.

... man, you need a break.

giphy.gif

May 7, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #17,617 of 40,577
May 7, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #17,618 of 40,577
Well... after the great reviews of the legend-x bass I pulled the trigger. Should see them early next week. I'll pair them with a Hugo 2 or AK SP1000.
I had the Legend X paired with the Hugo 2! Amazing pairing!!! It does take a bit of low end out buy the clarity and layering is stunning.

May 7, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #17,619 of 40,577
I had the Legend X paired with the Hugo 2! Amazing pairing!!! It does take a bit of low end out buy the clarity and layering is stunning.
Well they arrived... beautiful fit and finish, great cable. The sound is so different to the Fourte. They have a fantastic rumbling low end and such smooth mids and highs. They make the Fourte sound aggressive. The Hugo 2 drives them effortlessly. Early impressions. No buyers remorse for sure.

May 7, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #17,620 of 40,577
Well they arrived... beautiful fit and finish, great cable. The sound is so different to the Fourte. They have a fantastic rumbling low end and such smooth mids and highs. They make the Fourte sound aggressive. The Hugo 2 drives them effortlessly. Early impressions. No buyers remorse for sure.
I don't believe that buyer's remorse applies to anything from Empire. Literally my entire chain has changed multiple time with the exception of my IEMs

May 7, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #17,622 of 40,577
I don't believe that buyer's remorse applies to anything from Empire. Literally my entire chain has changed multiple time with the exception of my IEMs
Totally agree. I’m still loving my Bravado Custom.

May 7, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #17,623 of 40,577

I've tried a lot of TOTL iem's, Empire Ears LX is the best I've heard so far and their customer service/warranty policy is one of the best in the industry. They're also really nice, active and don't BS on head-fi (unlike *cough* Noble *cough*). I'm wanting to grab either a Zeus or Phantom to compliment the LX! I'm doing the opposite of you @KuroKitsu heh

May 7, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #17,624 of 40,577
I've tried a lot of TOTL iem's, Empire Ears LX is the best I've heard so far and their customer service/warranty policy is one of the best in the industry. They're also really nice, active and don't BS on head-fi (unlike *cough* Noble *cough*). I'm wanting to grab either a Zeus or Phantom to compliment the LX! I'm doing the opposite of you @KuroKitsu heh
They call the LX, Zeus and Phantom the holy trinity for a reason. Inevitably, getting one will result on the other 2 :p. Depending on whether my No. 5 sells, that might be on the LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back