Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 1, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #17,596 of 40,614
I think Devon responded to your email in support this morning, but for those of you that don't know this is probably the most common fit issue we have. It typically just needs a little more lacquer. If you get your customs in and you have this same issue, send them back in to us. If there is an issue on the audiologists end, we can usually tell from the mold alone and will let you know before beginning the build. :)

Thanks, Devon did indeed respond, so I'll be sending them back shortly! Thanks.

May 1, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #17,597 of 40,614
i saw someone selling a Music Sanctuary/Effect Audio Eos 4.4mm cable

imo , this is a great cable that punches above its price , i had it paired with Zeus XR and really liked the pairing , and i have a feeling it's gonna pair even better with Phantom , being a cable that is lean and transparent (without being metallic/too strident)

FS thread is here

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fs-...4mm-by-effect-audio-x-music-sanctuary.905560/
Saw that, then I saw the price, then I read review. Basically an Aries II with better solder and a furutech plug, gonna do a hard pass on a 4 wire copper that costs more than $200

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #17,598 of 40,614
So that, then I saw the price, then I read review. Basically an Aries II with better solder and a furutech plug, gonna do a hard pass on a 4 wire copper that costs more than $200

well , for anyone that might be interested it didn't sound like a copper cable to me , and i also found it to be a better, more enjoyable cable than the ares ii (8 wire) which goes for 300$

like i said , this cable shoots higher than its price , imo

May 1, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #17,599 of 40,614
well , for anyone that might be interested it didn't sound like a copper cable to me , and i also found it to be a better, more enjoyable cable than the ares ii (8 wire) which goes for 300$

like i said , this cable shoots higher than its price , imo
I really don't like this " this is an x cable that doesn't sound like an x cable" trend that seems to be pervading the cable space. To me it feels more of a reason to justify a higher price to sell it at. Between stuff like the Leo II and the the 1960s to the Triton 8 OCCs, the differences don't warrant that huge price gap.

As for the Aries II, they're a good entry level upgrade from stock SPC cables, but I would argue there are better sounding copper in that range without breaking your wallet.

And you're pairing it against Zeus. It literally makes EVERYTHING sound good. I have yet to hear a truly bad pairing with Zeus.

May 1, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #17,600 of 40,614
[QUOTE="KuroKitsu, post: 14930306, member: 496697"

As for the Aries II, they're a good entry level upgrade from stock SPC cables, but I would argue there are better sounding copper in that range without breaking your wallet.

[/QUOTE]
Such as? 2-pin for preference :)

May 1, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #17,601 of 40,614
[QUOTE="KuroKitsu, post: 14930306, member: 496697"

Such as? 2-pin for preference :)[/QUOTE]
Hansound Zen
PWA No. 5 Copper 28, Sevenfold Pipe etc...
Triton4/8, microphonics though

May 1, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #17,602 of 40,614
At that price point I prefer the Eros II which is a hybrid and that is pure copper cable pictured. Cables are a very personal thing. I prefer the ARES II and EROS II depending on the monitor but I have never really given the time to high end cables as I know my cheap ass would never buy a $500 cable. Too much whiskey can be had for $500 that will make everything sound and look beautiful :astonished:

May 2, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #17,603 of 40,614
Well... after the great reviews of the legend-x bass I pulled the trigger. Should see them early next week. I'll pair them with a Hugo 2 or AK SP1000.

May 4, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #17,604 of 40,614
My dream setup, Chord Hugo 2 with an Uptone ISO Regen/LPS 1.2 and Sonore DC-4 cable + Curious USB cable. Listening to the chain on a set of Empire Ears Legend X and PW Audio 1950's. Extra, super special, custom hand-built Lego stand and a Crane stand for my laptop. Running DSD512 through BitPerfect on iTunes.

It is the best sounding setup that I have owned. Resolving, transparent, and musical, it is everything I ever wanted out of a transportable rig. I don't really have that many words to say as I have been lost in the music since I've assembled everything a few days ago. I have been trying to recreate the feeling of being at (((Stereo))) in Montreal, an after-hours club that has North America's best sound system (as touted by many international artists that have played there), while at the comfort of my own desk. The club itself is the best in Canada by far as it caters to the underground techno and house that the Europeans are known for. It's really an experience that cannot be described with words and one that needs to be experienced for themselves. Anyways, enjoy the pics and music! I threw in a mix by Pan-Pot @ Stereo from 2013, it's a 6 hour mix and I was there for 4 of it, this rig brings me right back to that dance floor and disco ball.

Looking to grab either an EE Zeus or whatever they're cooking up next!

PS. Also biggest disco ball in NA :)

10286131.jpg
10286133.jpg
10286134.jpg

May 5, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #17,605 of 40,614
My dream setup, Chord Hugo 2 with an Uptone ISO Regen/LPS 1.2 and Sonore DC-4 cable + Curious USB cable. Listening to the chain on a set of Empire Ears Legend X and PW Audio 1950's. Extra, super special, custom hand-built Lego stand and a Crane stand for my laptop. Running DSD512 through BitPerfect on iTunes.

It is the best sounding setup that I have owned. Resolving, transparent, and musical, it is everything I ever wanted out of a transportable rig. I don't really have that many words to say as I have been lost in the music since I've assembled everything a few days ago. I have been trying to recreate the feeling of being at (((Stereo))) in Montreal, an after-hours club that has North America's best sound system (as touted by many international artists that have played there), while at the comfort of my own desk. The club itself is the best in Canada by far as it caters to the underground techno and house that the Europeans are known for. It's really an experience that cannot be described with words and one that needs to be experienced for themselves. Anyways, enjoy the pics and music! I threw in a mix by Pan-Pot @ Stereo from 2013, it's a 6 hour mix and I was there for 4 of it, this rig brings me right back to that dance floor and disco ball.

Looking to grab either an EE Zeus or whatever they're cooking up next!

PS. Also biggest disco ball in NA :)

10286131.jpg
10286133.jpg
10286134.jpg

... at the risk of being the spoilsport....the 1950 isn't really a beauty....

755G.gif

Last edited:
May 5, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #17,606 of 40,614
... at the risk of being the spoilsport....the 1950 isn't really a beauty....

755G.gif

It is definitely, odd/utilitarian. At least it matches my Lego stand :)

May 6, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #17,610 of 40,614

Users who are viewing this thread

Back