Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 21, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #17,389 of 40,591
All right I read the last four pages and cannot understand what the new magical something is. Does anyone know, or are we just waiting to find out? I'll be eager to see what EE can come up with...I probably want it. No, I definitely want it. Don't care what it is. Tell me where to send money :)

-Collin-

Mar 21, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #17,390 of 40,591
My Phantoms arrived today, a big thanks to @Jack Vang , Dean and the entire EE team. They look awesome, and have that new IEM smell right out of the container

and sound UNBELIEVABLE ! Listening to U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Candy Dulfer, and Phil Collins - the live tracks sound just like I remember from being at their concerts. :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::beerchug::beerchug:

Some soundtracks are on tap for later - The Dark Knight and Star Wars Phantom Menace, so appropriate for these new IEMs.
Those are looking good! Enjoy them!
All right I read the last four pages and cannot understand what the new magical something is. Does anyone know, or are we just waiting to find out? I'll be eager to see what EE can come up with...I probably want it. No, I definitely want it. Don't care what it is. Tell me where to send money :)

-Collin-
I don't think anyone really knows. Jack dropped a hint and then (I guess) went on to prepare for CanJam SG. We will just need to be patient for a little while longer, which we are of course very good at.
Oh, come on Jack! One more hint? Please.... :D

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #17,391 of 40,591

-Collin-

.... same here. Damn...

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #17,392 of 40,591
.... same here. Damn...
(i've just spent 2800$ in "something else" and 2300 $ in a pair of custom LX and now Jack throws in a brandnew "something" is on the way...... come on !!)

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #17,393 of 40,591
I probably want it. No, I definitely want it. Don't care what it is. Tell me where to send money :)
Yuppppp redirecting money in 3...2...1

I can imagine this scenario for those of you in a relationship.
M: So uh honey remember <x thing that you wanted?
W: Yes? Did you get it for me oh hon-
M: Well actually we have to delay it. Jack and Dean just dropped hint of a new thing again...
W: Jack and Dean again?! Why don't you marry them already?!

Poor guy is sleeping on the couch for a while :p

Mar 21, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #17,395 of 40,591
Mar 21, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #17,396 of 40,591

-Collin-

No one knoooows! I don't even know! Or do I? :innocent:

Phantom X? Nice. Sounds like it's Singapore only though, reading the blurb. Wonder what the X stands for?

The X stands for XTRA SPECIAL. Just kidding. The limited edition Phantom w/ Jade Burl + EA wiring is actually not called the Phantom X... haha. Simply the Limited Edition Phantom. We're looking to clear up this discrepancy now as we know it has previously been referred to as the Phantom X.

Yep, Singapore exclusive!

Mar 21, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #17,398 of 40,591
Phantom X! X might stand for extreme or extra? More details in treble and midrange with extra wide soundstage? :wink:

Personally I would not change anything about the Phantom, its sound signature is what makes them special :) Phantom it’s like a beautiful woman that whisper in your ears and warm up your heart (sorry, Phantom makes a poet out of me, it must be love ahah). For extra wide soundstage and treble there’s the Legend X :)

Mar 22, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #17,400 of 40,591
How much is this ganja-version ?
Exclusively in Singapore, i see...

I think i'll ask my wife moving to Singapore with me. Uncountable reasons to do that. (nice natural surroundings f. e., beautiful city with high standards, friendly people.... and so on)

... uncountable reasons

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back