Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 10, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #17,116 of 40,613
Just got my Bravados a couple minutes ago. Was expecting a massive bass but honestly it's just enough for me. i can imagine how great the legend x will sound...what is the improvement from the Bravado to the Legend?
I have not heard the Bravado, but Legend X have the best bass I have heard on any of the IEMs I have had my hands on so far. Legend X had the best physicality of all and still managed to sound exceptionally clean and clear throughout. Before I heard them, the Rhapsodio Zombie topped my bass head wish list, but Legend X are technically superior in every way. I don't have the money for them right now (just had a very expensive international move to pay for), but at some point I might well have to get them to compliment my Phantom and sooth my inner bass head.

So while I have not heard the Bravado and don't know what you would call "just enough", I don't think you would use that term to describe Legend X.
Or you could be Piotr Granicki and run around the show floor auditioning IEMs while the show is going on. :D
He was doing that while the show was going on?! I thought he just meant after. :D (It was Piotr I was thinking about.)

Jan 10, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #17,118 of 40,613
@Wyville
Know you had the Trinity for a while. How would you compare to the Trinity bass ?
I find them so well integrated to the FR, very clean and technical.
The Trinity's bass certainly has some of the physicality and texture of Legend X. At least, that was what I thought the first time I heard the Trinity, but by that time I did not have Legend X around anymore. The Trinity do not push it quite as far as Legend X though and the overall signature is different. Again, I have not compared them back to back, and it is mostly based on the fact that I gravitated towards different types of music. With the Trinity I mostly listened to blues, jazz, that type of music (I called them "soulful" IEMs) and with Legend X I did not have specific preferences, although I admit that listening to classical music was a little silly. :D

Jan 10, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #17,120 of 40,613
Thanks !
And you eard the Brass, looks like the bass on the SS is deeper in sub bass !
For me it's even more impactful than on the Legend from what I remember.
It might be that the brass version has a slight shift towards the mid-bass to add some warmth. At least that is the impression I get from reading impressions of the SS version. I think Crin might have measured them both, but I can't remember what the graphs looked like exactly.

Jan 11, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #17,122 of 40,613
I have not heard the Bravado, but Legend X have the best bass I have heard on any of the IEMs I have had my hands on so far. Legend X had the best physicality of all and still managed to sound exceptionally clean and clear throughout. Before I heard them, the Rhapsodio Zombie topped my bass head wish list, but Legend X are technically superior in every way. I don't have the money for them right now (just had a very expensive international move to pay for), but at some point I might well have to get them to compliment my Phantom and sooth my inner bass head.

So while I have not heard the Bravado and don't know what you would call "just enough", I don't think you would use that term to describe Legend X.

He was doing that while the show was going on?! I thought he just meant after. :D (It was Piotr I was thinking about.)

Oh, I see! :p Piotr takes literally every opportunity he gets to try out other IEMs - whether it be during lunch breaks, times of day when the tables aren't as busy and the Music Sanctuary staff have it covered, after the show's over, etc. Of course, I must emphasise that Piotr never abandons his duties to listen to IEMs. As far as I've seen, he goes to great lengths to talk to everyone who stops by his table. But, you can truly see the passion he has for the whole hobby, rather than just the business. A class act who I pray will never, ever change. :D

It might be that the brass version has a slight shift towards the mid-bass to add some warmth. At least that is the impression I get from reading impressions of the SS version. I think Crin might have measured them both, but I can't remember what the graphs looked like exactly.

Based on what I'm hearing with the SS, the Brass sounds more well-suited for me. I love the SS's technical capabilities, but I reckon the Brass has a signature I can love more wholeheartedly. Here's to hoping the custom version will be the best of both.

Jan 11, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #17,123 of 40,613

You just have to ask !
Strange... Looks like I made up the sub-bass thing.
It could be that due to the reduced warmth in the SS, it comes across as more impactful because the bass is less thick and resonant. But I am not so good yet at unpicking an FR graph (I mainly focus on unpicking the music).
Oh, I see! :p Piotr takes literally every opportunity he gets to try out other IEMs - whether it be during lunch breaks, times of day when the tables aren't as busy and the Music Sanctuary staff have it covered, after the show's over, etc. Of course, I must emphasise that Piotr never abandons his duties to listen to IEMs. As far as I've seen, he goes to great lengths to talk to everyone who stops by his table. But, you can truly see the passion he has for the whole hobby, rather than just the business. A class act who I pray will never, ever change. :D
I wouldn't expect him to abandon his duties. I think most manufacturers enjoy meeting up with the community too much to miss the opportunity by getting distracted. Yeah, great guy!
Based on what I'm hearing with the SS, the Brass sounds more well-suited for me. I love the SS's technical capabilities, but I reckon the Brass has a signature I can love more wholeheartedly. Here's to hoping the custom version will be the best of both.
Are Jomo working on a custom version?

Well, I am saying goodbye to the brass Trinity and (at the risk of sounding a little sleazy) "Hello there sexy..." to my Phantom with Leonidas II. :D Still, they seem to be great friends...
IMAGE_8.png

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #17,124 of 40,613
Jan 11, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #17,126 of 40,613
from what i heard no, cause can't integrate the brass/ss tubes onto customs

Went to Jomo website I was very confused of how to order either version especially the custom order one?! :rolling_eyes:

Since this is an EE thread, I'd like to kindly ask everyone to take their questions to the Jomo thread here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jomo-audio-impressions-discussion-thread.811527/. I've already answered the two quotes above there. Cheers! :D

Jan 12, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #17,130 of 40,613

Users who are viewing this thread

Back