Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 18, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #16,126 of 40,614
I like how the Aries II is the default recommendation for almost everything. This speaks volumea for EAs products. That said, wayyyy too many silver, yall need some Lionheart.

Also TIL Rhapsodio makes cables too?! REEEEEE CHIFI OEM CABLES

Man, you need to actually try some of these products you're condemning. First Naga Audio and now Rhapsodio?

Sep 18, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #16,128 of 40,614
Where did you get your pure silver cable from ?

Local retail shop called Headfoneshop.

IMG_0837.JPG
IMG_1605.JPG

Where I get my custom cables from.

Sep 18, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #16,129 of 40,614
Man, you need to actually try some of these products you're condemning. First Naga Audio and now Rhapsodio?
And risk melting my ears? Nahhhhh I much rather enjoy music. Chifi OEMs do not inspire confidence in me above negative infinity.IId rather buy a SP1000 in that case.
Local retail shop called Headfoneshop.

Where I get my custom cables from.
Charles sells custom silver cables too? Then again I only asked about copper.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #16,130 of 40,614
And risk melting my ears? Nahhhhh I much rather enjoy music. Chifi OEMs do not inspire confidence in me above negative infinity.IId rather buy a SP1000 in that case.

*pssst* According to Jack Vang himself, Empire Ears used to be an OEM company too. GASP! THE HORROR! EVERYONE QUICK, GET RID OF YOUR EE IEMS BEFORE YOUR EARS CATCH ON FIRE!

Sep 18, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #16,131 of 40,614
*pssst* According to Jack Vang himself, Empire Ears used to be an OEM company too. GASP! THE HORROR! EVERYONE QUICK, GET RID OF YOUR EE IEMS BEFORE YOUR EARS CATCH ON FIRE!
Lol not all OEM companies specifically Daniel. Just Chinese ones, nice try though

Sep 18, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #16,132 of 40,614
Lol not all OEM companies specifically Daniel. Just Chinese ones, nice try though

I'm just saying companies like Rhapsodio, Naga Audio, QDC, Unique Melody, NF Audio, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera deserve A LOT more credit than you're giving them. Most of these guys have full fledged factories and office buildings creating some of the best IEMs in the world, most of which have garnered global critical acclaim. But as we all know in this world, ignorance is always an option too. :wink:

Sep 18, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #16,133 of 40,614

He does and it’s better than UP OCC from my experience. Pair wells with IEMs with a good sub-bass and dynamic driver.

Sep 18, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #16,134 of 40,614
Daniel's closing remark is about the equivalent to this..

giphy.gif

If North America's once most beloved children's TV star felt the need to happily put his audience in it's place,

I think the equally neighborly and affable Daniel must also share Mr. Rogers reasoning and good intentions : )

All jokes guys

Sep 18, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #16,135 of 40,614
I'm just saying companies like Rhapsodio, Naga Audio, QDC, Unique Melody, NF Audio, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera deserve A LOT more credit than you're giving them. Most of these guys have full fledged factories and office buildings creating some of the best IEMs in the world, most of which have garnered global critical acclaim. But as we all know in this world, ignorance is always an option too. :wink:
Not sure what you're trying to imply there by ignorant. I'm aware of those OEMs and their track records. I simply don't trust Chinese OEMs regardless. Years of dealing with my own race have taught we they cant be trusted.

Daniel's closing remark is about the equivalent to this..

giphy.gif

If North America's once most beloved children's TV star felt the need to happily put his audience in it's place,

I think the equally neighborly and affable Daniel must also share Mr. Rogers reasoning and good intentions : )

All jokes guys
Lol he made the effort to make it sound nice though.

Sep 18, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #16,136 of 40,614
Seems to be a lot of generalizing on country of origin lately and while I don't want to go too far off-topic, I feel the need to throw this out there: I've never had a problem with any IEM from China (don't know what constitutes ChiFi...are they cheaper?). The only massive, glaring issue I've ever had has been from a company in the UK that will go unnamed. Otherwise, I agree with Daniel that Rhapsodio, Unique Melody, etc. produce world-class products with equal support.

Oh and since this is an EE thread, love those guys too and they've been amazing as well.

I'm still chuckling at the Rhapsodio cable comment. Where is Nic when we need him?!?!

-Collin-

Sep 18, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #16,137 of 40,614
It is what it is. The reasons would take a great wall of text to flesh out so back to our regularly scheduled session of all things EE related.

@Deezel177 Just finished your review of the Aries II 8 wire and with the upgrade going on, Im considering sending in the 4 wire I got from EE. I quite liked the 4 wire and it seems that 8 wire is the same except on steroids. You mentioned that you preferred the 4 wire Lionheart(correct me if I'm wrong) with the Zeus, but that the Aries II 8 wire also went well with it. Is it worth getting an 8 wire for those moments that I'm not feeling that vocal emphasis?

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #16,138 of 40,614
If y'all happen to get a lot of hiss out of your EE IEMs whatever reason, I highly recommend you try the IFI IEmatch. For some reason, I was getting much more than any IEM I've tried so far with my pair of Spartans.

The IEMatch almost totally negates it with the added benefits of for the lack of a better term, a noticeable difference in the dynamics of how the Spartans are presented. Positive impact in the dynamics, I may add.

Currently saving up for the difference in the jump to the custom Spartan, but after that I'll begin looking for a new desktop only amp. The DF red will be a portable setup :)

This hobby...

Sep 19, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #16,139 of 40,614
It is what it is. The reasons would take a great wall of text to flesh out so back to our regularly scheduled session of all things EE related.

@Deezel177 Just finished your review of the Aries II 8 wire and with the upgrade going on, Im considering sending in the 4 wire I got from EE. I quite liked the 4 wire and it seems that 8 wire is the same except on steroids. You mentioned that you preferred the 4 wire Lionheart(correct me if I'm wrong) with the Zeus, but that the Aries II 8 wire also went well with it. Is it worth getting an 8 wire for those moments that I'm not feeling that vocal emphasis?

Hmm... if the problem is a lack of vocal emphasis, I don't know if an upgrade to 8-wire will fix that. What I can positively say is that the 8-wire provides a ton more space around the vocals - so it's easier to focus on them during listening - and adds greater depth, layering and resolution. Because of this added headroom and effortlessness, you can afford to bump up the volume more (thus pushing vocals forward) without the stage becoming full or imaging becoming hazy. I guess in that way, it can help.

Sep 19, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #16,140 of 40,614
If y'all happen to get a lot of hiss out of your EE IEMs whatever reason, I highly recommend you try the IFI IEmatch. For some reason, I was getting much more than any IEM I've tried so far with my pair of Spartans.

The IEMatch almost totally negates it with the added benefits of for the lack of a better term, a noticeable difference in the dynamics of how the Spartans are presented. Positive impact in the dynamics, I may add.

Currently saving up for the difference in the jump to the custom Spartan, but after that I'll begin looking for a new desktop only amp. The DF red will be a portable setup :)

This hobby...
Sorry...no dongles for me. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back