Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Aug 14, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #15,406 of 40,613
where i download music , everything is in FLAC so i am fine with this format for now

i also stay 16/44 cause 24/96 is 3x more storage space , no can do.

Aug 14, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #15,407 of 40,613
I’ve done blind A/B tests between WAV, FLAC and lossy M4A. Although I can generally discern between lossless and lossy files, the differences are small and they require immense concentration to find. When I’m reviewing and/or listening on the go, I hardly have the awareness to focus on minute differences like those. I’d much rather have the ease of transferring directly from iTunes, album art, storage space, etc.

same here :D! i do it like ctsooner.... i just go for wav (or high res flac) but i would lie to myself if i would say i'd always be able to hear the difference. Sometimes i wasn't able to recognise if its 128kb mp3 or wav! i've done a lot blind tests and i failed quite a lot of times :D

Aug 14, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #15,408 of 40,613
Has anyone here compared the 64Audio N8 to any of the EE IEMs? If so, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on that. Thanks.

Aug 14, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #15,409 of 40,613
same here :D! i do it like ctsooner.... i just go for wav (or high res flac) but i would lie to myself if i would say i'd always be able to hear the difference. Sometimes i wasn't able to recognise if its 128kb mp3 or wav! i've done a lot blind tests and i failed quite a lot of times :D
As many have said, the quality of recording production makes a big difference, regardless of tracks being downloaded in low or high res. IMO

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #15,410 of 40,613
My initial experience with the ESR was that of buyer's regret. It sounded a bit too flat for my liking and had a weird mid bass lift.

After a few days and once I've adjusted to the signature, the ESR has incredible separation and clarity with a nice extended treble. The bass is tight and punchy enough, the mids are centred, without an obvious veil, and treble is extended but not too splashy. It also images very well with what I feel to be quite a good soundstage.

There isn't much coloration of music by this iem. It doesn't present songs with an increased amount of bass or treble and vocals are as natural as can be. It has a very neutral tone. Some would find this iem to be soul-less or unexciting. But to me it is doing what it's supposed to be: an objective iem that tries to be as unbiased as it can be. I've grown to be appreciate the sound and in turn, able to enjoy it :)

P.s. I'm someone who appreciates treble quite a bit, so take that into consideration. Also I can hardly tell a difference between 24bit and 16bit flac and v0 320kbps MP3, so I don't have the sharpest ears lol.
Great impressions matique. How do the ESR's compare with your Noble Encores?

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #15,411 of 40,613
That lx has been on the sale forum for months, multiple price drop and multiple posting as well and still no taker, people saving their money for the se6:ksc75smile:

What is se6 I havent heard about it.

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #15,413 of 40,613
Aug 14, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #15,414 of 40,613
Aug 14, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #15,415 of 40,613
Let's not spoil the EE thread with that, there are plenty of reactions around the community on the Spiral Ear and Flinkenick's thread but yeah things are going crazy...

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #15,416 of 40,613
Has anyone here compared the 64Audio N8 to any of the EE IEMs? If so, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on that. Thanks.

@twister6 compared the N8 to the Legend X in his review here: https://twister6.com/2018/07/17/64-audio-n8/

As many have said, the quality of recording production makes a big difference, regardless of tracks being downloaded in low or high res. IMO

Amen. Mastering literally involves EQ, stereo widening, compression, etc. Not to mention the intricacies that go into the recording and mixing processes. :D

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #15,418 of 40,613
I think companys should understand that already 2000$ is freakin hell of a load of cash for an iem even if its hand build r&d involved put in all the receipe OK. Please dont start overpricing its gona be so unfare. We already do our best to save as much $ we can to buy hp and iem what ever you like.
It need to be reasonable and no need to be crazzy priced to make us belive its a better unit than the cheaper one seriously.

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #15,419 of 40,613
I think companys should understand that already 2000$ is freakin hell of a load of cash for an iem even if its hand build r&d involved put in all the receipe OK. Please dont start overpricing its gona be so unfare. We already do our best to save as much $ we can to buy hp and iem what ever you like.
It need to be reasonable and no need to be crazzy priced to make us belive its a better unit than the cheaper one seriously.

I think it is the way to do business. If you can afford $2K cables you can afford more later in time based on your level of addiction plus the competition between companies just want offer the best of the best...

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #15,420 of 40,613
I think it is the way to do business. If you can afford $2K cables you can afford more later in time based on your level of addiction plus the competition between companies just want offer the best of the best...

Hey at 3000$ + seriously what of the best you getin. It just starts milking your bothe tities lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back