Emotiva Pro airmotiv4 Loudspeakers Review
Jul 21, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #331 of 413
If anyone is on the cuff about buying these, I have a pair I'm looking to sell. They're just out of the box a few days and are brand new. I'm willing to let them go at a fair price.

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #332 of 413
For those who bought them recently, what are your thoughts?

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #333 of 413
Superb, I have been an audiophile for 30 + years and the performance of these speakers reminds me of the first B&W speakers I heard.  Liquid smooth high frequency, engaging midrange adequate tight bass (not for bass heads). Recommend Emotiva Stand for desktop installation and performance will benefit from good quality interconnects.

Highly recommended Emotiva customer service is excellent.

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #334 of 413
I wasn't impressed with these speakers at all. For the first few days. I think they might have burned in a bit, as much as I would hate to admit such a thing.

So far, I'm shocked how much less I'm wearing headphones. 

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #336 of 413
Can anyone chime on how these (or the 5's) are for movies from a few feet away? I'd want them primarily for music and gaming while sitting at my PC, but I've got a couch 4-5 ft. away and I'd like something that will still sound impressive for movies at that distance. 

Aug 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #337 of 413
Quote:
Can anyone chime on how these (or the 5's) are for movies from a few feet away? I'd want them primarily for music and gaming while sitting at my PC, but I've got a couch 4-5 ft. away and I'd like something that will still sound impressive for movies at that distance. 

I watch stuff from about 6-7 feet away and they sound very good when it comes to movies, even when you aren't in the sweet spot.

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #338 of 413
6-7 feet for my 4's are not a problem in a small room. If you're going to watch movies and want more bass, I would go with the 5's.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #340 of 413
I have been enjoying my 5s for a few months now. They have pretty good bass but I have been hankering to buy a sub for some more wubwub. Depending on the size of your room you will probably be satisfied. They are certainly not short on bass for their size, but they don't come close to the impact i get with my 12" sub in my HT of course. They are great for watching a movie on my computer and I don't feel like I am missing too much.  If you like to save money I would call Emotiva before you buy and see if they have any refurb/B-stock etc. I was able to save 50 bucks when I got mine. 

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #341 of 413
Also, anyone have any experience pairing these with a sub? I have been eyeing is the SVS PB-1000 because it has line level inputs and outputs with a crossover @80hz.. Seems made for studio monitors... 

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #342 of 413
Also, anyone have any experience pairing these with a sub? I have been eyeing is the SVS PB-1000 because it has line level inputs and outputs with a crossover @80hz.. Seems made for studio monitors... 

Either the PB-1000 or the SB-1000 would be a great sub for $500 to use with the Airmotivs. The advantage of the PB-1000 would be the lower 19hz bass extension and the greater output. The SB-1000 might have an edge on SQ, and of course is very small :)

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #344 of 413
They definitely need a sub for movies and some kinds of music. They mate well with DAC/pre amps such as the Audio-gd NFB-10 or Anedio D2.

Sep 12, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #345 of 413

Finally got around to building little stands for mine. I'm running mine via preamp on the matrix M-stage. With the stands I was definitely able to create the sweet spot. These little guys really change my opinion of small speakers for a desktop. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back