Emotiva Pro airmotiv4 Loudspeakers Review
Apr 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #316 of 413
Quote:
Well I've listened to mine for a few hours now running out of my Audio gd NFB12. Not really blown away coming from Klipsch 2.1. Maybe my room sucks or I need stands for them.

I bought the Audioengine DS2 stands for my 4's, they would work well for the 5's as well.  They really help with having the correct angle, same goes for turning the speakers in and having the tweeters pretty much angled to your ears.  You can hear a difference when they are not angled correctly while being used as near field monitors.

Jul 10, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #317 of 413
I had to downsize to a smaller desk so I sold my Logitech z5500. I purchased the Audioengine A2 due to their tiny footprint, but while they are pretty good, I wanted a little more umph out of my desktop setup. I ordered the Airmotiv 4's and they will be here this Friday. I can't wait! 

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #318 of 413
I just got my Airmotiv 4's today and wow they are awesome. Very crisp highs, great detail across the entire range and very tight bass. I was worried that the 4.5" drivers wouldn't have enough bass, but it is more than plenty for a desktop setup. I have X Series interconnects on the way as well as the ASM base, so I'm sure they'll sound even better. Right now I have them temporarily on the Audioengine DS1 stands, so the tilt angle is right, but the stand is far too small heh. I highly recommend these to anyone looking for a $300 desktop 2.0 setup. The sound quality compares well to the Energy RC70 setup I have in the living room (of course they lack the raw output power and bass of the RC70's, but I'm really loving treble of the AMT tweeter).

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #319 of 413
Yeah, I won't be DJing any raging house parties with these, but the bass is definitely capable enough for my desktop set-up.

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #320 of 413
Here they are on my desk. Temporarily on DS1 stands for now. I have ASM stands on the way, with X Series Interconnects as well!

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #321 of 413
Hi Menasor,

Who makes the stands and interconnects?
Can you provide a link to both the DS1 stands and X Series Interconnects, so I can check them out?

Also, can the airmotiv4 speakers be plugged directly into a computer sound card or do you really need to buy a separate DAC for volume control?

Jul 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #322 of 413
Quote:
Hi Menasor,

Who makes the stands and interconnects?
Can you provide a link to both the DS1 stands and X Series Interconnects, so I can check them out?

Also, can the airmotiv4 speakers be plugged directly into a computer sound card or do you really need to buy a separate DAC for volume control?

Sure! The DS1 stand is from audioengine but it doesn't really fit the Airmotiv 4. Should get the ASM stand instead: http://www.emotivapro.com/products/asm-base

As for the interconnects, these are the ones: http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/interconnects/products/xrca

You can just plug the airmotiv 4 directly to your sound card. If you sound card only has a 3.5mm jack, then you need a 3.5mm to RCA adapter: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10429&cs_id=1042902&p_id=7189&seq=1&format=4#feedback

If your card already has RCA connectors like the Xonar Essence STX or the X-Fi Titanium HD, then you are good to go

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #323 of 413
I just got my Airmotiv 4's today and wow they are awesome.
Congrats Menasor.

Got my Airmotiv 4s with the asm base today. First foray into decent speakers for my computer. Enjoying what I'm hearing so far. Bass is just enough to have fun but won't annoy the neighbors. The rear adjustments are useful for dialing in the sound. I can see keeping these for a long time.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #327 of 413
Quote:
What wizardry will allow me to play music directly from my iPod to these speakers?

Should I get something like this?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5598&seq=1&format=2

That's all you need! :)

Quote:
Purchased a pair today. I'll try to post a few impressions and compare them to my Swan M200MKII when they arrive. 

Yes please post a comparison when you get them :)

Quote:
Congrats Menasor.

Got my Airmotiv 4s with the asm base today. First foray into decent speakers for my computer. Enjoying what I'm hearing so far. Bass is just enough to have fun but won't annoy the neighbors. The rear adjustments are useful for dialing in the sound. I can see keeping these for a long time.

Thanks! Congrats to you too :)

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #328 of 413
I am thinking of getting the airmotiv4, but am interested if it is possible to connect it to my computer using a Micromega MyDac?
Are use supposed to use a USB cable to connect the computer to the DAC then two RCA cables from the DAC to the airmotiv4's?
I am assuming that you will get a better sound quality by using a DAC.

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #329 of 413
I got my ASM base today as well as the X Series Interconnects. Very happy with both!

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #330 of 413
Quote:
I am thinking of getting the airmotiv4, but am interested if it is possible to connect it to my computer using a Micromega MyDac?
Are use supposed to use a USB cable to connect the computer to the DAC then two RCA cables from the DAC to the airmotiv4's?
I am assuming that you will get a better sound quality by using a DAC.

Yes to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back