EM32, EarSonics new flagship ?
Dec 1, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #16 of 188
Yes they are the best from far. Question of taste I prefer them to 1+2 and in terms of qualities they're more neutral, a lot, and as good otherwise better but at this level you know how it's complicated to say that one is better.

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #17 of 188
So it is at the 1+2 level of quality but in different presentation? That's more than enough for me (1+2's only downside is it is a universal iem, no go for me). Thanks a lot mate
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #18 of 188
Oh sorry I didn't see your question. Yes, the EM32 is the best CIEM/IEM/OEM I ever heard, it is almost as good as a full-size, but you know that's possible with your SE5 :wink:

Jan 23, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #19 of 188
  Oh sorry I didn't see your question. Yes, the EM32 is the best CIEM/IEM/OEM I ever heard, it is almost as good as a full-size, but you know that's possible with your SE5 :wink:

No problem mate, no hard feelings
happy_face1.gif
I actually decided to stop buying ciems and upgrading the other parts in my audio chain. I need a good source and amp for my SE5way. I am gonna take X5 probably, waiting for a few special persons reviews and impressions.

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #20 of 188
Did not see that there was EM 32 thread....nice!...

If I also can add something, it's the best IEM/CIEM I had... love them a lot.

For those that also have the FA-4 like me, speaking about sound signature, they have a lot in common but of course the Em 32 have better clarity, transparency, better low texture and extentions, middle/treble transition is also softer, better middle weight, details, soundstage (deep).

The best EARSONICS CIEM (I had EM4, EM6, S-EM6 and now EM32). 

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #21 of 188
Hi Sly ! Nice to see you here ! Which source do you use with them ?

Feb 3, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #22 of 188
Hello Rollk2,

Nice to see you again here.

I paired them mainly with my DX-100 for home use and sometimes with my dx-50 when I take them outside.

Very nice combos.... 

Feb 6, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #23 of 188
Thank you Rudi for directing me to this thread :wink: 

Been enjoying the EM32. The bass impact, depth, detail and dynamics are really impressive  

Feb 6, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #24 of 188
  Thank you Rudi for directing me to this thread :wink: 

Been enjoying the EM32. The bass impact, depth, detail and dynamics are really impressive  

OK, then - here's a question for you - before  you owned the EM32, what CIEM has been your favourite? (I'm trying to get a fix on what kind of sound sig 'flavour' you like)

Feb 6, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #25 of 188

OK, then - here's a question for you - before  you owned the EM32, what CIEM has been your favourite? (I'm trying to get a fix on what kind of sound sig 'flavour' you like)

I like the CIEM to sound dynamic, musical and real, but still has great detail, air, layers and sparkle. Soundstage width isn't my primary concern, but I prefer a 3D space rather than a compressed one horizontally or vertically. 

With my experiences and understanding, I think the most linear frequency response can produce that, especially the in treble region.

So before (and after) I own EM32, SE5 is still my favorite CIEM. I should say "my SE5" because of the various issues we have been seeing in 5 ways and because of its complexity of 5 way crossovers. I personally heard of more than 7 se5s (two of them are mine), they do sound different from time to time. 

Stage 2 and 3 are the very those of few CIEMs that I really enjoyed after SE5. 

So to sum up the "favour", my flavour is "no - flavour", the most accurate and neutral (in my opinion) CIEM will satisfy me the most :wink:

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #26 of 188
  I like the CIEM to sound dynamic, musical and real, but still has great detail, air, layers and sparkle. Soundstage width isn't my primary concern, but I prefer a 3D space rather than a compressed one horizontally or vertically. 

With my experiences and understanding, I think the most linear frequency response can produce that, especially the in treble region.

So before (and after) I own EM32, SE5 is still my favorite CIEM. I should say "my SE5" because of the various issues we have been seeing in 5 ways and because of its complexity of 5 way crossovers. I personally heard of more than 7 se5s (two of them are mine), they do sound different from time to time. 

Stage 2 and 3 are the very those of few CIEMs that I really enjoyed after SE5. 

So to sum up the "favour", my flavour is "no - flavour", the most accurate and neutral (in my opinion) CIEM will satisfy me the most :wink:

You have a very similar preference to me, then. I know it isn't possible, but, just on a general musical level, I think I'd quite enjoy a 'Stage 2.5'
wink.gif

But I've yet to find a CIEM which really satisfies me (Miracle came close but with some flaws). I'd like to hear an NT6-Pro with the frequency response tuned more neutral / 'level'.

I'll also be interested to see what Peter comes up with, when he manages to finalise the Harmony.

EM-32 does not seem, from your description, to be suited to me.

Cheers for your feedback on it, though.

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #27 of 188
Feb 6, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #28 of 188
Right on the money. I will be all over it if it exists;:D
I am hoping the Stage 5 will be twice as good as this hypothetical Stage 2.5 :)
Back to the EM32...Tupac you mentioned the bass can go overboard on some track. It is because these are subbass heavy tracks, or is it because the midbass itself may not be tight enough?

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #29 of 188
EM32 to my ears is a bass heavy CIEM, specially on the source that lacks power. It's pretty difficult to drive. The impact of mid - lower bass is very strong, that can rumble on top of mid and treble on some songs. I do appreciate the bass power I just hope it was a little better controlled. Well em32 only has a big single bass driver. I guess I can't ask too much. The bass type is like stage's, but with more power and slower decay.

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #30 of 188

EM32 to my ears is a bass heavy CIEM, specially on the source that lacks power. It's pretty difficult to drive. The impact of mid - lower bass is very strong, that can rumble on top of mid and treble on some songs. I do appreciate the bass power I just hope it was a little better controlled. Well em32 only has a big single bass driver. I guess I can't ask too much. The bass type is like stage's, but with more power and slower decay.

thank you. can't make a guess for the reason( lack of control, too much sub bass boost or maybe just bass distortion) at least what I heard was a bass boost even stronger than on the jh13 and  a lot like what you described.

so obviously not at all like that:
Quote:
 Even this the sound signature is very equilibrate and controlled, more on the neutral side as a monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back