EM32, EarSonics new flagship ?
Nov 1, 2013 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 188

Rollk2

500+ Head-Fier
After 10 years R&D EarSonics released during the summer the EM32, 3 transducers 3 ways, nothing more. Very curious about it and owner of EM4 then EM6 (thanks upgrade :wink: ) I decided few weeks ago to buy them. I'm not the only one to do this, that's why we decided to do a review together, which will come here later.

Sound signature : typically EarSonics home sound, very smooth treble with luxuriant mid. The low is the incredible thing; very organic and realistic, it can go further and deeper than any other IEM I know (EM4/EM6/TG334/1+2/RDB+/JH13/16old/...). Even this the sound signature is very equilibrate and controlled, more on the neutral side as a monitor.

Sound qualities : the soundstage is airy, deep and large, with 3D aspect of the instruments, with great resolution, better than EM6/334 and little bit better than 1+2. The speed is more controlled than on EM6, but it's sometimes difficult to enjoy music when the track is poorly mastered, they reveal all the defects.

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #4 of 188
Not speaking about soundstage but FR. Tje soundstage is very different than with 1+2, to my mind more coherent, but it's subjective :wink:

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #5 of 188
Is this thread dead? I was looking for more information about EM32, while everybody puts 10 12 BAs, they can be simply awesome with only 3 BA too. Rollk2, is there a review coming up?

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #6 of 188
No one review is coming because I don't have time, and I lost faith in doing it. But, what I can say is that custom is just incredible, the best low I ever heard, very realistic high with absolutely no sibilant, just smooth and realistic reverb on charley, very airy... And the medium is like EarSonics mids, but with more clarity :)

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #7 of 188
  No one review is coming because I don't have time, and I lost faith in doing it. But, what I can say is that custom is just incredible, the best low I ever heard, very realistic high with absolutely no sibilant, just smooth and realistic reverb on charley, very airy... And the medium is like EarSonics mids, but with more clarity :)

I checked their website and they show it has a very front presentation, not sure I would like it honestly. I already have SE5way it has slightly mid forward presentation too, I was looking for something laid back but I wanted to to ask for someone who already heards it. How would you compare it to EM6 or SEM6? A friendly headfier once told me EM6 is like SE5way but in steroids so I can more or less imagine its sound.

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #8 of 188
EM32 don't have mids in front of you, the entire presentation is an "on stage" presentation. EM6 are coloured, made for audiophile and sound engineer, but coloured. EM32 are very neutral, the most neutral earphones I never ear. More detailed, more weight on notes, little bit less speed on mids.

To my mind, but it's just my opinion, EM32 is the perfect earphone because of the entire work made on it. I'm waiting Mimouille for Christmas, I hope I could try the SE5 that I wanted too, but as you can seen I've taken EM32 because of the facility and the certitude to be satisfied.

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #9 of 188
I am darn interested in those too, might be my next ciem after purchasing a worthwhile dap. Since Frank Lopez is there, they got my attention and curiosity even more. I like how they trust their tuning and R&D instead of putting a dozen of BA's in an earpiece.

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #10 of 188
You say well, the incredible thing is that the R&D is not based on R&D made on transducers, they use the same ingredient (no vented BA) but they improve the receipt. That's why I trust Franck Lopez capacity to develop among the best CIEM in the world.

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #11 of 188
Well said mate, he has my trust too and as soon as my wallet lets me proceed, I am thinking about getting a masterpiece from him too. Maybe by the time he might even bring a newer flagship but if not, I might stick to EM32, seems incredibly interesting and almost too good to be true.

Ps: As I live in Belgium, they are just next door, I might even take a visit to their lab too in the future. Do you think they let audiophiles pass by and order a ciem, have their ear impressions done in their labs?

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #12 of 188
To my mind the EM32 is one of the longest development in their labs, for me it's the real flagship, Franck Lopez develop it since many times. 10 years of R&D is not just marketing, it's the truth.

If you mail them, you can do it yes. But be careful, it's not an habit for them. They can do it, but it's not the rule ;-/
If you come in France, tell me in advance, I will organize a Tellement Nomade meeting just for you :) and you could sleep at home ;-/

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #13 of 188
Oh boy oh boy, am I having some real friends at head fi?
happy_face1.gif
Sure mate, it will be my pleasure. However let me warn you, I am not Belgian therefore I can't speak French, I do my master in here and planning to live here. Also it will not be an early date I am afraid, still putting money aside while being a student, not an easy thing to do I am sure you would understand. Especially SE5way took everything I saved for a long while (lol, it deserves every cent I spent for it). Also, I really need nice dap to pair with my SE5way so a ciem will come after.

Thank you for the replies and your very nice and kind offerings. I will not forget them
wink.gif

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #14 of 188
I know all of that my friend ^_^ that's why you will not need to pay an hotel ;-/ but I live in Aix-en-Provence

I will come in Bruxelles in 2014, for another Tellement Nomade meeting, we will be glad to meet you :) You have to learn French duuuuuude !!!!

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #15 of 188
If I have time from my studies, I would love to join the meeting, though I can't bring much things to share. I have German Maestro GMP 8.35D monitors, a kind of entry level detail king (sounds like HD600 but closed, indestructible and easier to drive) and my SE5way worth mentioning. There is Koss KSC75 and Clip+ too but compared to your HDP R10, that's pretty much nothing. I am gonna buy a dap like Sony ZX1 or FiiO X5 next year (Mim's impressions are so important for me
happy_face1.gif
) so that would also help a bit I guess.

About learning French, I know only basic several words that's all but not like I can speak or build a sentence by myself. Once I finish the master and get a job, I will also learn either Dutch or French (maybe both?).

About EM32, would you say it is the best thing you ever heard (ciem I mean, exclude other things like headphones)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back