Elysian Annihilator 2023
Feb 27, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #526 of 750
Should the warranty card serial number match the serial number of the IEM? Mine are different

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #527 of 750
I tried the EA Horus 8w, Chiron Nova, and PW Orpheus cables but not necessarily with the Anni 23. I realize that Cleo II Octa is overall a warm cable to the rest of them. I found the Horus 8w perhaps a bit too bright so that may not pair well with the Anni. I tried the Ares S x Cadmus xmas cable but found it to be inferior to the stock LL Martini, or at least it doesnt pair as well with the Anni. Returned the Anni loaner back a few days ago, but just before that my baroque eartips arrived and found that to be the ideal pairing with the Cleo II Octa otherwise it's too bassy with the Spinfit W1.

LL Martini doesnt fully insert in my DAP so benching the Anni for now until Friday afternoon when my pentaconn ear connector conx arrives. It sounds fine but it could occasionally pop out a bit which messes up the sound.

20240227_164045.jpg

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #528 of 750
Should the warranty card serial number match the serial number of the IEM? Mine are different
It should match. My Annihilator 2021 card says AN21018, & the IEM's themselves have the exact same number on the shells.

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #529 of 750
LL Martini doesnt fully insert in my DAP so benching the Anni for now until Friday afternoon when my pentaconn ear connector conx arrives. It sounds fine but it could occasionally pop out a bit which messes up the sound.

It's a great cable but the bulky connector is an annoying inconvenience.
Cool design but adds a dimension of complexity when looking at compatibility with various DAP's and cases.

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #531 of 750
Curious questions: why is the stainless steel version rarely found here? is it because the Ti version is around?

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #532 of 750
Curious questions: why is the stainless steel version rarely found here? is it because the Ti version is around?
I think its popularity, golden version just matches Elysian design language better than the other two, it was rarer back in the day since it was more difficult to get. And people who didnt want the gold went with titanium instead of steel. So in the end stainless steel is a rare sight.

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #533 of 750
I think its popularity, golden version just matches Elysian design language better than the other two, it was rarer back in the day since it was more difficult to get. And people who didnt want the gold went with titanium instead of steel. So in the end stainless steel is a rare sight.
Mine is steel. :smile_phones:

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #534 of 750
Gold here=)

Mar 8, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #535 of 750
Correct. When the titanium finish was introduced there was an uptick in orders because buyers either psychologically needed to have the most expensive version or they preferred the appearance. After the novelty of titanium wore off, demand for the gold finish increased and the lead times are quite long. The stainless finish is indeed rare.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #536 of 750
Does anyone have both the Fir Radon 6 and 2023 Anni and can help compare the two? I'm trying to choose between the two and am curious what everyone thinks on sound and comfort as well

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #537 of 750
Does anyone have both the Fir Radon 6 and 2023 Anni and can help compare the two? I'm trying to choose between the two and am curious what everyone thinks on sound and comfort as well
I had the RN6 in house for a couple weeks and own the Anni23 of course. They are definitely both great IEM's, but one is higher res than the other whilst the other has a more versatile tuning in some ways and more daily fitment.

What kind of music and gear are you sourcing for the IEM, those are the main points to take into consideration. From there I can give you my thoughts.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Mar 8, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #538 of 750
I had the RN6 in house for a couple weeks and own the Anni23 of course. They are definitely both great IEM's, but one is higher res than the other whilst the other has a more versatile tuning in some ways and more daily fitment.

What kind of music and gear are you sourcing for the IEM, those are the main points to take into consideration. From there I can give you my thoughts.
Which is which? ^^

Mar 8, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #540 of 750
the Rn6 certainly has a higher resolution for me, it's technically notably better :)
I know your opinion and still looking for people who share it ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back