Elysian Annihilator 2023
Jan 29, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #497 of 802
Well I actually did it. Let go of my Traillii for an Anni 23.

Jan 29, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #499 of 802
!!! Wow. I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Traillii is pretty much perfect all around. If I were to EQ the Traillii to my preferred signature, it would sound like the Anni 23. Not sure how much of it is preference vs no-longer-young ears. Either way. The 2 IEMs were very similar to me, with the Anni 23 being more fun. Always thought the Raven would be one to make me cough up the bird, but turns out it was Anni 23.

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #501 of 802
Can someone recommend a cable for the Anni 2023 under $1k? Something with a chin slider as some of the options out there don’t appear have one.
Most would recommend EA Fusion.

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #502 of 802
Most would recommend EA Fusion.
Have you tried pairing either of the Vortex cables you own with Annihilator?

I'm begrudgingly considering picking up a new cable but only considering those with ConX so I can use it with my other IEMs and not just Annihilator. I should be hearing the Vortex cables in a few weeks but curious to read others thoughts as there aren't many impressions on them out there.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #503 of 802
Can someone recommend a cable for the Anni 2023 under $1k? Something with a chin slider as some of the options out there don’t appear have one.
Yes…as said above, Fusion 1.

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #504 of 802
I got some adapters so I can use any 2 pin cable with the Annihilator. I tried the Venom a few days back and I think it tightened up the bass and made it all sound a bit cleaner and open. With the changeover time though I’m not sure if I can sufficiently trust my audio memory. Changing back to the Martini I liked that as well and may just stick with it.

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #505 of 802
Have you tried pairing either of the Vortex cables you own with Annihilator?

I'm begrudgingly considering picking up a new cable but only considering those with ConX so I can use it with my other IEMs and not just Annihilator. I should be hearing the Vortex cables in a few weeks but curious to read others thoughts as there aren't many impressions on them out there.
I really liked the Minerva with the Annihilator. Similar to slightly better performance compared to the Martini and the ergonomics of the Minerva are fantastic.
IMG_2071.jpeg

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #507 of 802
Jan 30, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #508 of 802
I don’t think any of these Vortex cables have a chin slider. I know it’s a crazy requirement, but I use that all the time.
You’re 100% right. That’s why I didn’t recommend them in my response to the original question. Also, effective little hack. I’ve use clear dental bands on my cables in lieu of chin slider. Stays in place better, almost invisible, and you get 1000 for like 5 bucks on Amazon.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #509 of 802
Interesting discovery. Slight differences between the gold and Ti versions.

Looks like the Estat has a different placement and the crossover is smaller and relocated. Quite a bit more free space in the Ti. Can't imagine it makes any sonic difference due to the use of tubing.

Elysian Annihilator 14 internal.png

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #510 of 802
Interesting discovery. Slight differences between the gold and Ti versions.

Looks like the Estat has a different placement and the crossover is smaller and relocated. Quite a bit more free space in the Ti. Can't imagine it makes any sonic difference due to the use of tubing.

We've already covered this topic. If you search in the Watercooler, you will find your answer. Summary: No differences.

EDIT: Here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...n-first-page-all-welcome.957426/post-17793722 @Deezel177

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back