Elysian Annihilator 2023
Apr 26, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #736 of 802
For me, Divinus Velvet are the worst tips for Anni (and for all the other iems I own). I use either W1 or Azla Crystal (probably the best) or earfit light short.
Is it due to the fit or you don't like the sound? I actually like the sound of the W1\Azla but I somehow unable to push them in as much as Clarion\Tangzu, maybe because the material feels like more "sticky" compared to the other which are very surgical thin and slide in the ear nicely.

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #737 of 802
They are very comfortable, that's not the point, but the sound is veiled. It is mainly about the bass, which is not clean and sounds very unnatural. The soundstage looks bigger but it sounds very strange. It's hard to describe, it's better to make up your own mind. Maybe you'll like them :)

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #739 of 802
Yes. Absolutely different beasts.

Anni has much less mids emphasis, while Annis mids are fine and rather detailed, they are behind stuff like Trailli Ti, Trailli and Mentor. There is significant treble and bass boost compared to Trailli and Trailli Ti.

Trailli Ti has very strong beautiful analogish lush mids, with less treble detail than Anni (still A TON) and much better controlled and textured bass, despite it being BA. Anni has far more energy too. Overall Trailli Ti has more nuanced refined tuning to my ear, and depending on your genre preferences it could be a much better allrounder. I would take anni exclusivly for rock and metal over Trailli Ti though.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #740 of 802
So far the Annihilator 2023 has been quite the "all-rounder" as I've heard it to be. Everything I throw at it seems to sound excellent and never boring. EDM, Jazz and other organic music sounds excellent.

Also I've noticed I slightly prefer the presentation I get from the Azla Sedna Short Light a bit more than the Eletech Baroques at the moment.
My ears seemed to have gotten used to the rougher material and I enjoy this more forward (slightly more engaging but still relaxed) presentation. I feel that it does size up a bit larger than most brands as I'm normally a Medium but I also ordered a Medium Small size off the main Azla site just to be sure.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #741 of 802
So far the Annihilator 2023 has been quite the "all-rounder" as I've heard it to be. Everything I throw at it seems to sound excellent and never boring. EDM, Jazz and other organic music sounds excellent.

Also I've noticed I slightly prefer the presentation I get from the Azla Sedna Short Light a bit more than the Eletech Baroques now.
My ears seemed to have gotten used to the rougher material now and I enjoy this more forward (slightly more engaging but still relaxed) presentation. I feel that it does sizing is a bit larger than most brands as I'm normally a Medium but I also ordered a Medium Small size off the main Azla site just to be sure.

Don't you find azla bit harder to put over the nozzle? I remember I struggled with sedna short's on the MMK3 which was smaller then Anni.

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #742 of 802
Don't you find azla bit harder to put over the nozzle? I remember I struggled with sedna short's on the MMK3 which was smaller then Anni.

It is hard but I have developed a technique for it :)

First step is to reverse pull the silicone flaps the other way so you have more room to work with on the stems.

You catch the nozzle by the stem at one end, then pull to get the other end of the stem just over the end of the nozzle then wiggle back and forth until it catches everything in.

I have also heard of people warming up the stem somehow to allow it to be temporarily more flexible for the nozzle of their IEMs but that seems overkill for something so simple.

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #743 of 802

First step is to reverse pull the silicone flaps the other way so you have more room to work with on the stems.

You catch the nozzle by the stem at one end, then pull to get the other end of the stem just over the end of the nozzle then wiggle back and forth until it catches everything in.

I have also heard of people warming up the stem somehow to allow it to be temporarily more flexible for the nozzle of their IEMs but that seems overkill for something so simple.

I've been heating it up slightly sometimes helps. But I've recently been scared when I couldn't pull them off for quite some time after I wanted to swap. Had to pull hard, and almost teared it.

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #744 of 802
Here's how I deal with installing narrow-stemmed ear tips on chonky nozzled IEMs.

I squeeze the ear tip stem until the opening is flattened wide and then slide it over the edge of one side of the IEM nozzle. Then I kind of roll it on.

You can also flip the flap inside out like @DAPpower mentioned so you're only dealing with the stem and not the silicone flap.

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #745 of 802
Here's how I deal with installing narrow-stemmed ear tips on chonky nozzled IEMs.

I squeeze the ear tip stem until the opening is flattened wide and then slide it over the edge of one side of the IEM nozzle. Then I kind of roll it on.

You can also flip the flap inside out like @DAPpower mentioned so you're only dealing with the stem and not the silicone flap.

Lol, cool method I can see it working with a lot of other ear tips stems, might be just a bit harder to use that method with stiffer stems like the Azla Sedna series but may still be possible.

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #746 of 802
I always flip, but due to the very wide nozzles, it gets very hard, pretty sure many of these tips weren't meant for such size of the nozzles. And getting them down, sometimes gets problematic as well, they kindof "stick" to the nozzle. Currently I like the Tangzu Sancai balanced quite some, and they easily attach. Try them out.

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #747 of 802

I've been heating it up slightly sometimes helps. But I've recently been scared when I couldn't pull them off for quite some time after I wanted to swap. Had to pull hard, and almost teared it.
Best technique ever for the AZLA so far for me: take a pair of scissors, insert the scissors into the tip and widen it; it will fit without problems 🤷🏻‍♂️

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #748 of 802
I own both Traillii and Anni '23. My take:

• they are extremely complementary. Very differently tuned and serve different genres imo.
  • The Anni is undoubtedly a fun tuning. Just bombastic and satisfying. Lovely, satisfying highs and a really satisfying bass. If you like hip hop or pop or rock/metal - you'll have a blast with it.
  • Traillii has the best upper-mids/highs I've heard. It is just so tastefully tuned. Vocals soar, details are remarkably bright and airy but never fatiguing. I think its highs are really the best around. Oriolus tunes their entire line so tastefully. Their IEMs never try too hard and yet are very engaging. The one gripe some have with it is bass. It is not at all booming/bassy IEM. In fact, it's pretty reserved, leaving room for those mids/highs to shine. If you're a basshead, you're gonna find yourself wanting more for sure.
  • If someone forced me to pick one... it would be Anni 23.
I hope that helps!
Yes yes and yes. Anni 23 is the one that finally made me sell Traillii. Love the bird for what iit is and does but don’t miss it at all.

Apr 26, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #749 of 802
Yes. Absolutely different beasts.

Anni has much less mids emphasis, while Annis mids are fine and rather detailed, they are behind stuff like Trailli Ti, Trailli and Mentor. There is significant treble and bass boost compared to Trailli and Trailli Ti.

Trailli Ti has very strong beautiful analogish lush mids, with less treble detail than Anni (still A TON) and much better controlled and textured bass, despite it being BA. Anni has far more energy too. Overall Trailli Ti has more nuanced refined tuning to my ear, and depending on your genre preferences it could be a much better allrounder. I would take anni exclusivly for rock and metal over Trailli Ti though.
And how would you compare the Mentor to the Anni?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back