Elysian Annihilator 2023
Sep 20, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #136 of 874
What's the name of that IEM you just got? I think it's written on the box but it's rather small, it's a bit hard to read...

Yeah, i normally dislike a greater amount midbass, but i feel like it's done in such a very well balancing way in regards to the treble, so it doesn't sound as analytical as it might without it.

Sep 20, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #137 of 874
I had the same feeling as you both did with the midbass might being too much initially! It does balance out how energetic the treble is graphically for sure and with the mids being as flat as they are is the perfect balance to it all. Everythings pops in the best of ways ❤️. U-shaped tuned to perfection!

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #138 of 874
I was surprised at how good the bass was. Having read a number of discussions on Anni I thought that it was going to be a bass lite IEM. It’s definitely not though.

Sep 21, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #139 of 874
I was surprised at how good the bass was. Having read a number of discussions on Anni I thought that it was going to be a bass lite IEM. It’s definitely not though.
I am agree with you, I really can't understand all the critical judgements about Anni's bass.
Maybe is a little bit less textured than (few) other IEMs, but it's full and perfectly tuned with the other frequencies.

Sep 21, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #140 of 874
I am agree with you, I really can't understand all the critical judgements about Anni's bass.
Maybe is a little bit less textured than (few) other IEMs, but it's full and perfectly tuned with the other frequencies.
It could be that the treble gets so much press that the bass and mids just take a back seat and don’t get mentioned that much. It’s not that there is anything wrong with those two areas, it’s just that the treble is so good that it simply dominates the discussion.

Sep 21, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #141 of 874
I just got mine from @MusicTeck and plan to spend some time with it this weekend. I suspect that you and @Shape77 are on to something with respect to how the midbass helps to keep the extended higher frequencies in check. People want all three areas of the frequency spectrum to knock their socks off but that’s not exactly how tuning towards achieving frequency balance works. Regardless, I’m pretty excited about running it through my test library and will report back.

Sep 22, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #142 of 874
I just got mine from @MusicTeck and plan to spend some time with it this weekend. I suspect that you and @Shape77 are on to something with respect to how the midbass helps to keep the extended higher frequencies in check. People want all three areas of the frequency spectrum to knock their socks off but that’s not exactly how tuning towards achieving frequency balance works. Regardless, I’m pretty excited about running it through my test library and will report back.
Look forward to your impressions!

Does anyone know if Mr. Lee plans on bring the X back or is his main focus on the Diva and Annihilator?

Sep 22, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #143 of 874
Look forward to your impressions!

Does anyone know if Mr. Lee plans on bring the X back or is his main focus on the Diva and Annihilator?
I think his main focus is on a prototype “Dio” rumored to be priced in the Subtonic Storm range or higher.

Note: All of Lee’s prototypes are named Dio for a reason only known to him. The Dio I’m referring to is his most recent prototype. He brings it to CanJams sometimes to have people demo it and get feedback.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #144 of 874
So did you manage to get some quality time this weekend with your Annihilator?

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #145 of 874
I did. And I have lots of thoughts. Need another few days to put them all together. Can we do a roll call of everyone’s favorite sources with the Annihilator? The first one I tried was underwhelming, disappointing, and a little concerning. And then, for kicks, I put the Annihilator on my studio turntable rig and, holy crap, I still can’t believe what I heard last night.

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #146 of 874
I did. And I have lots of thoughts. Need another few days to put them all together. Can we do a roll call of everyone’s favorite sources with the Annihilator? The first one I tried was underwhelming, disappointing, and a little concerning. And then, for kicks, I put the Annihilator on my studio turntable rig and, holy crap, I still can’t believe what I heard last night.
At CanJam I used as source only my phone with Tidal and the iFi Gryphon as DAC/AMP with the balanced output. And I fell in love with Anni.

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #147 of 874
It’s good on my Chord Mojo 2 and R6 Pro II, with or without amping.

It’s not so good on my RS6. I avoid that pairing.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #148 of 874
I’ll say this right now… paired with a 4-pin XLR adapter, connected to the THX AAA 789, I was floored by the low frequency output and texture. Medium output gain. Volume between 40-45. I’ve never heard anything like this from an IEM including previous efforts to pair various iems with my studio rig. The word I used in my upcoming notes is “spectacular.”

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #149 of 874
At Canjam I used my SP3000 with Tidal playlist. I had to turn the volume up quite a bit, but the sound was very impressive.

Sep 25, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #150 of 874
It’s good on my Chord Mojo 2 and R6 Pro II with and without amping with my 475.

It’s not so good on my RS6. I avoid that pairing.
I’ve seen others report in that they like the Annihilator with the R6 Pro II. What does the R6 Pro II have that the Cayin N7 doesn’t? It looks like the N7 has more output power so I’m trying to wrap my head around this. I would not keep the Annihilator if the N7 was my only source.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back