Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Oct 12, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #6,392 of 6,987

What do you get when you combine hentai / manga and electronic music? 

50% of the content of this thread?
biggrin.gif

But to be clear, DecentLevi stuff is all eclectically good.

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #6,394 of 6,987
You get hentai/manga music, which I think should have a seperate thread, cause I hate it and is tired of scrolling through tons of it in this thread, rendering it pretty useless for exploration. 

Oct 12, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #6,395 of 6,987
AVTechNO! remains one of my all-time favorite artists. This new official 1h 40min mix is such a feels trip for me. Countless are the times I've listened to these songs with tears in my eyes, because his music is just so full of emotion. The first song alone brings back so many memories I can't even begin to try to put it into words.

Oct 12, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #6,396 of 6,987
Well I plan on going back to Japan, for a little more (ahemm...) 'exploration'... and not to mention they have the annual Fijiya Headphone Festival which could possibly be the world's best hi-fi audio meet. And looks like we have all kinds of anime / manga etc. fans on this thread. Oh well, I guess we better get used to the mangatronica because they're taking over the scene. (that last part was a joke).

Also, I mean absolutely nothing against user Eurobeat, who I believe may have started that trend here. That was just my injecting a bit of rare humor into this thread, and I won't say anything if you post more of your music. Some of your video game music is good anyway.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting on a bunch of legendary tracks, waiting to see if anyone's interested - anyone like to hear my favorite electronica trax some some of the other decades past?

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #6,397 of 6,987
  What do you get when you combine hentai / manga and electronic music? 

Monster Musume (No Iru Nichijou Opening 2015)

(well somethin' that doesn't sound good when you're sober) 
rolleyes.gif

Please.....  make it stop!!  How can I un-hear this??

I believe this is the worst song I've heard in my entire life- literally.  It made me want to commit harakiri.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #6,398 of 6,987
No, I really didn't like that song. It was just a random song I found and posted as a hoax to have a little fun with the henati electronica words that have been thrown around recently - of which genre label doesn't actually exist. As far as I can tell, that song is somewhere between j-pop, eurobeat and hardcore techno. To be literal, most of their pop culture vocals sound very similar to what you heard 
confused.gif
. However, Japan also has some very brilliant electronic artists too, many of them having a piece in history, such as Yellow Magic Orchestra, Takeshi Muto, Towa Tei, Cornelius, etc.

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #6,399 of 6,987

This isn't electronic music, but I wanted to post it as an "antidote" to the Monster Musume song to cleanse my brain.  No production values, just real, raw, authentic music.

P.S.  Hey Levi! To be sure, I am in on the joke. I know you are not a fan of Monster Musume.  
beyersmile.png

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #6,400 of 6,987
OK guys, this has been in the works for a while. Here are my favorite electronic songs of the 2000's. And for somebody who listened to the genre every single day of that decade, you can trust me, we got some serious talent below. Electronica fans, you owe it to yourself to check these tracks out - in their entirety - absolute timeless works to follow!!!

JHNO - raise and illuminate [HQ] (2000)

Squarepusher - The Exploding Psychology (HQ) (2001)

Mouse on Mars - Subsequence (HQ) (2001) my #1

Basement Jaxx - Breakaway (HQ) (2001)

Plaid - Assault on Precinct Zero (HQ) (2001)

Aphex Twin - Omgyjya-Switch7 (HQ) (2001)

Coba - After Dinner (Plaid Remix) (2003)

/img/vimeo_logo.png

Metamatics - Lo Fi Sci Fi (HQ) (2005)

The Chemical Brothers - Battle Scars (feat Willy Mason) (HQ) (2007)

Here is the link to listen to these all in one playlist. 

And how about any of your retro electro fav's from the good old days?

Oct 14, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #6,401 of 6,987

New Alex Metric kinda dig his vibe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back