eh350... Wow
Jul 18, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HAHAHAHA. I can't believe I'm getting this amount of quality with $60 cans.

It may act quirky (see above) during burn in, but when it finally settles in... Just amazing.

Aggressive, crystal clear detail resolution and has decent soundtage...No more dryness too, interestingly.

It's so funny how these cans are virtually unknown in these forums. You people seriously don't know what you're missing.

Thats good to know that they do settle out. I will keep workin em!

Jul 18, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #17 of 35
I've had a set of these for a few weeks, and they seem pretty good for the price tag. One of the first sets of Headphones I looked at, and what drew me into this massive world of Head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Very little info about this phone on here though. I got the eH-350 off the FS forum here for a great deal, and I find it very different then my MS-1. I'm not good at describing sound at all, I just say 'I like' or 'I don't like'
smily_headphones1.gif
But i do know what you guys are talking about. Crisp clear sound. Soundstage (I think that's what I'm hearing! compared to MS-1) is decent. They're not heavily used yet, but I'll work on that. (Getting WAY to many headphones to quickly
very_evil_smiley.gif
) Good seperation, I can pick out instruments and follow them through songs if I chose.

I have no real reference point, just other sub-$100 cans I have purchased in recent months (KSC-75, PX100, MS-1, eH-350, FOTM SR-660)...Glad to see others enjoy this one too though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #18 of 35
Aye, definately. Funny how mine acted so quirky though. I couldn't stand them for days and preceded to ask Newegg for an RMA. I was about to send it back but then decided to keep them for...sentimental reasons. I remember I was so blown away by these out of the box.

Then suddenly, the veil just cleared. No ounce of dryness at all, anymore so they sounded even better than new.

Yay for sentimentality. :')

Jul 18, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #19 of 35
I have to bring mine to work more often. I just don't find them portable friendly at all. They cannot sit around my neck, and the cord is ultra long. That's why I bring my KSC-75 to work most often. I just need to suck it up
smily_headphones1.gif

If these are the new version of HD-497, and the 497 was loved, why are these overlooked so much? I love the detachable cables, and the earcups, although I fear they will break if i try and get the earcups off. Do you just slide the earcups down and off, or pull them off?

For the more experienced people, is eH-350 a good representation of the Sennheiser sound signature? I'm trying to find the right sound for me, but finding a reasonably priced can that gives a good indication of a particular sound signature isn't easy (for all brands, i find). That may be a future thread: Budget cans which represent sound sigs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #20 of 35
The eH350 is not the HD497. They do use similar drivers though, and have similar mids, but the bass, highs, and especially soundstage (HD497's are almost mono
tongue.gif
) are very different. The 350's aren't really a representation of the typical relaxed and warm Senn sound. I think they are closer to something from Beyerdynamic or Sony.

And to dissembled...I think it's all in your head.
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
I don't think any pair of headphones can possibly mutate that much...

Jul 19, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by qazwsx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And to dissembled...I think it's all in your head.
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
I don't think any pair of headphones can possibly mutate that much...

Possibly.
blink.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #22 of 35
senns do mutate. my 580s and 555s mutated a lot through its lifetime. the 595s a little less but still mutates
biggrin.gif

EDIT: ITS CALLED BURN IN. Sometimes ones mental state changes the sound a bit and sometimes the headphone physically changes in sound. Ex. my 595 is bright and punchy when i fire it up but gets duller sounding after a few hours use hehehe sort of like equipment warm up. Its probably not fully burned in yet since it changes this much during one session

Jul 19, 2007 at 7:25 AM Post #23 of 35
Good to know. I was certainly a little worried there.

Jul 19, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #24 of 35
I'm pretty sure our perception of what we are hearing is changing MUCH more than the drivers in any dynamic headphones during a particular listening session. The brain will adjust to a sound signature the same way it responds to light being color filtered. Try a pair of red sunglasses to see what I mean.

Jul 19, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #25 of 35
Also, ear fatigue, expectation/memory, sinus pressure, barometric pressure, and maybe even your level of hydration (ok, I'm guessing at the last one) could affect the way sound is perceived. I do have the eh-150 and I thought they sounded punchy until I got some eartools RP-21. Now they sound dull and thin to me, to bring it back on topic.

Jul 19, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #26 of 35
My mistake on the HD-497. I thought I read the eH-350 and 497 were similar. Thanks for the correction!
smily_headphones1.gif

So this isn't the typical sennheiser sound...dang. Oh well, I'm enjoying it, and that's all that matters!

Thanks

Jul 19, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhashenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure our perception of what we are hearing is changing MUCH more than the drivers in any dynamic headphones during a particular listening session. The brain will adjust to a sound signature the same way it responds to light being color filtered. Try a pair of red sunglasses to see what I mean.

I know what you're talking about but believe me, mine were definately sonical. Veiled, dry enough for me that I couldn't even wear them for minutes a time. Literally. I couldn't hear subtle nuances (fingers across a piano/fretboard; soft sighs before songs) because of this sudden veil that just cascaded everything. Not just the subtle ones either. Every note seemed blunted , not as honed and sharp and distinct as before.

And the dryness. My God. You can hear this perpetual, almost invisible, CHALKY grain on EVERYTHING. It was unbearable. Tried so many freakin sources. CD player; portables; laptop. I was this close to putting back these puppies back in the box and even preceded to get an RMA # on these things. This grain was evident the moment you put these on.

Now it's gone. The grain is gone. The veil is gone and it's reverting back to its out of box state. More honed and completely dry-free. I could hear Yorke's fingers sliding on the piano while singing. Even more times than before.

I probably got the most freakiest headphones in existence. That or I'm just incredibly, incredibly unwell. HAHA.
cool.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #28 of 35
The eH150, IMO, is aiiiiiiiiight. It's $30--I think it's better than most closed cans I've heard (especially better than the HD202 and MDRV150) at $30. But I thought its mids were hollow, and the highs were slightly on the grainy side. They're pretty much just Senn's competetors to the Sony V-Crap series and the mostly all craptastic Panasonics and JVCs at that pricepoint.

Jul 23, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhashenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure our perception of what we are hearing is changing MUCH more than the drivers in any dynamic headphones during a particular listening session. .

Agreed. It's kind of hard to say, though, since the drivers are right by your ears and the smallest changes could be significant (though not exactly tremendous). By modding some headphones I've had, very slight changes can make big differences in the sound.

Still. It's all perception. People don't even agree on what sounds good. Hard to know who to believe.

Apr 17, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had a set of these for a few weeks, and they seem pretty good for the price tag. One of the first sets of Headphones I looked at, and what drew me into this massive world of Head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Very little info about this phone on here though. I got the eH-350 off the FS forum here for a great deal, and I find it very different then my MS-1. I'm not good at describing sound at all, I just say 'I like' or 'I don't like'
smily_headphones1.gif
But i do know what you guys are talking about. Crisp clear sound. Soundstage (I think that's what I'm hearing! compared to MS-1) is decent. They're not heavily used yet, but I'll work on that. (Getting WAY to many headphones to quickly
very_evil_smiley.gif
) Good seperation, I can pick out instruments and follow them through songs if I chose.

I have no real reference point, just other sub-$100 cans I have purchased in recent months (KSC-75, PX100, MS-1, eH-350, FOTM SR-660)...Glad to see others enjoy this one too though
smily_headphones1.gif

Can you please describe more how eh350 compare with MS1? Are they better than MS1? I have recently purchased ms1; still looking for decent open headphone less than 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back