eh350... Wow
Jul 11, 2007 at 10:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Pangaea

Headphoneus Supremus
First off I gotta thank qazwsx for recommending these so strongly in another thread. At 50 bucks (newegg) I couldn't pass up trying them. Plus I really wanted to give Sennheiser another shot after somewhat struggling with my HD595s. I think they do serve a purpose (the 595s) after a lot of burn in and just plain getting used to- but they take a back seat to these. I guess the 350 is just more my sound. Right in your face and very bold, instruments are very defined. Which makes sense because my other favs are my SR60s and RP-21 which have a similar sound sig IMO.

Anyway the 595 always sounded like really good speakers being played in the next room. But my faith is restored in Senn after these. Right out of the box the eh350 sound amazing. Good build quality and very sharp.

Can anyone speak on the other eh models... they can't all be this good.

Jul 11, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #2 of 35
A weird series of headphones. First you have the eH150, which in budget headphones it stands higher than the HD201 and HD202 but not as good as the KSC75. It has okay bass and good detail but its mids are a wreck. Then there's the eH250 which is alright but it sounds like they just took the bass out of a HD212 Pro. Then the eH350 which is pin flat, nicely forward with decent soundstage. So I would say none of them really sound quite alike but glad you are liking the 350's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 35
I think they are similar to the SR60, perhaps not as crisp. Good HP for rock and Jazz Fusion, like the 60. The first CD I listened to with them is a great album by Charlie Hunter where he actually covers Bob Marley's entire Natty Dread album.

350 win style points over the 60 - I love my SR60, but they do not leave my house- and its not for fear of damaging them
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 35
hehehe ok I actually love grados looks. But anyways, what about the sr60s with their stock pads against the 350s. I'm asking since I know you now use bowls with your sr60s and I sort of like the stock comfy pads for portable use due to the comfort
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #6 of 35
Ya know, I like the way Grados look too, I just think they draw too much attention and when I am going out with HPs I want to be left alone. So maybe a better way to put it is the 350 blend in better. I haven't heard my Grados with stock pads in awhile and I upgraded within a month of getting them so its hard to tell.

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by qazwsx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A weird series of headphones. First you have the eH150, which in budget headphones it stands higher than the HD201 and HD202 but not as good as the KSC75. It has okay bass and good detail but its mids are a wreck. Then there's the eH250 which is alright but it sounds like they just took the bass out of a HD212 Pro. Then the eH350 which is pin flat, nicely forward with decent soundstage. So I would say none of them really sound quite alike but glad you are liking the 350's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Good, I am glad you saw this- so I can actually thank you for the input. Its def one of those great HFi moments where you find a gem that you would otherwise never have looked into. Doesn't always happen, but when it does its great.

So I guess what you are saying is that the 350 is the only one worth getting in the EH series.

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good, I am glad you saw this- so I can actually thank you for the input. Its def one of those great HFi moments where you find a gem that you would otherwise never have looked into. Doesn't always happen, but when it does its great.

So I guess what you are saying is that the 350 is the only one worth getting in the EH series.

The 150's are if you have a black/white line limit of $30. The 250's are alright for closed cans for the price but aren't amazing.

Jul 15, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they are similar to the SR60, perhaps not as crisp. Good HP for rock and Jazz Fusion, like the 60. The first CD I listened to with them is a great album by Charlie Hunter where he actually covers Bob Marley's entire Natty Dread album.

350 win style points over the 60 - I love my SR60, but they do not leave my house- and its not for fear of damaging them
wink.gif

Hmm...sr60 sounds similar to the eh350 eh?How are the eh350s when it comes to comfort?

Jul 16, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #10 of 35
Haha. No idea what happened to mine. It mutates like heck.

The first day I received them, they were clear, non-dry. Couple of days later, they became really dry, trebly, but still clear.

Now, they seem veiled, a bit dry and very, very, very warm soudning. Using it unamped and tried it on two DAPs plus laptop.

I'm not surprised if they'll mutate again in the future.

They're great now that I think about it because I'm being exposed to ALL types of phones there are!
basshead.gif

Jul 16, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #11 of 35
Yep. After hours of pink noise, the sound changed again.

No dryness. (HalleFREAKINlujah!) but still warm. I think the warmth is permanent this time. Smooth, velvety, creamy though still somewhat analytical. (Good instrument separation, prominent treble)

I still have to get used to this though. I was kind of used to its exclusively neutral signature.

Then again, maybe it's only my particular phone that's this..quirky. Using it unamped, btw.

Jul 16, 2007 at 12:11 PM Post #12 of 35
I have found they have changed somewhat with burn in- and not necessarily for the better. But the other thing I have to take into consideration is that my SR-2 finally arrived and I think that is making for some uneven comparisons.

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #13 of 35
HAHAHAHA. I can't believe I'm getting this amount of quality with $60 cans.

It may act quirky (see above) during burn in, but when it finally settles in... Just amazing.

Aggressive, crystal clear detail resolution and has decent soundtage...No more dryness too, interestingly.

It's so funny how these cans are virtually unknown in these forums. You people seriously don't know what you're missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back