Effect Audio cables thread
Feb 14, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #6,676 of 7,911
Has anyone here spent time with Cleo 2 4 and 8 wire? I am unsure which one to go for. Looking for possibly tighter bass (but not necessary), and brighter treble. Soundstage expansion/better imaging is a bonus but not necessary.
I have very recently as I'm preparing for my review of Code 23 😊

I would absolutely recommend Cleopatra II OCTA over the 4 wire in spite of the price difference. It's a very impressive cable that sounds analogue and natural for a pure silver geometry. The OCTA is noticeably more resolving with a better soundstage expansion and imaging.

I highly recommend it over the 4-wire!

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #6,677 of 7,911
Do it mate, it’s definitely worth a try either IEM or Headphone.

It was in today’s rotation for my Supermoon. While I seek for its perfect match. (You know the Mission :wink: )

So C23 feels like getting everything above 500hz and putting a step back on the stage from stock cable. Supermoon’s splashness and forward timbre is still there, but less aggressive and keeping the details everyone claims from Supermoon.

50491173-0BD9-4083-AA46-A1277E0CADA9.jpeg

Very perceptible on the songs below. On a good note, these are piercing with CFA Super Litz. Unbearable with CFA Pure Silver Litz.

Ps.: As previously, I will come back with more details after the Honeymoon period.
Another quick update on my Supermoon Saga covering the Signature series:

1- Cadmus (SPC)

this Cable is an upgrade from the CFA Super Smoky in every matter. But as it is still SPC, it keeps the same sound characteristics and draw backs for me on SM. Lots of emphasis and details on the Upper frequencies, but slightly smoother than the former cable. Lower end also got more detailed and still keeping sub bass extension. The transitions are more natural and better blended. Vocals are still too forward, but slightly smoother.

6B37104B-2F56-461A-BCCB-51D455B2E702.jpeg

2 - Ares S

Here we have a good competidor. It takes the benefit a good copper gives to SM and lower the price point. Ares is the in between Cadmus and Code 23 in performance with SM for my liking. It does everything that Code 23 is doing but slightly more forward and intimate presentation. That step back in the presentation I mentioned in Code 23 comments, is not here, it feel more like a slight upper range filter but still keeping the treble focus I always had with SM. It tightened up a bit the low end as well and somewhat slowed down a bit the whole presentation, making it a bit more “musical”. Great low cost option to tame those highs.

FF7C00BB-4241-4732-A8BD-825B39206701.jpeg

Final Veredict:

After testing all cables in my possession, specially EA cables, on a SM Saga. The final conclusion I got is quite surprising as the unexpected cable was the best performance overall. (Spoiler, I tried it on other IEMs and what an upgrade it is to all of them)

Best pairing for SM: EA Cleopatra 8W

The final rank would be:
1- Cleo 8W
2- Code 23
3- Ares S
4- Cadmus
5- CFA Super Smoky Litz
6- CFA Smoky Litz
7- CFA Pure Silver Litz

As one can see, is not all about the Materials, as the extreme opposite performance cables are the same material.

Cleopatra Octa has showed to be an amazing and versatile cable that impressed me since first listen.

@aaf evo , I will echo @SteveK27 here. Cleopatra Octa is worth a listen.

Feb 15, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #6,679 of 7,911
Feb 18, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #6,680 of 7,911
20230206_150806.jpg

Just a few weeks ago, I had sent out an email to Effect Audio for a chance to demo the Code 23 cable. And by the grace of @JordonEA , I’ve been given the opportunity to demo this cable for the past two and a half weeks. Since then, I’ve been trying to dissect its characteristics and it is my pleasure to announce that I’m finally ready to share a more conclusive opinion with everyone.

Here, I’ve not only analyzed the general sound signature of Code 23, but also dove deeper into comparisons with Effect Audio, PWA, and Eletech flagship lineups. Most specifically –

• Magnus 4-wire
  • Orpheus Shielding
  • Chiron
  • Centurion
  • Cleopatra II
  • Cleopatra II OCTA
  • Eros S
  • 1950s
  • Ode to Laura

If you’re interested and have some spare time to kill, please check out my Code 23 Review.
Your thoughts and opinions would be very much appreciated for a fun and intelligent discourse 😊

Feb 18, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #6,681 of 7,911
20230206_150806.jpg

Just a few weeks ago, I had sent out an email to Effect Audio for a chance to demo the Code 23 cable. And by the grace of @JordonEA , I’ve been given the opportunity to demo this cable for the past two and a half weeks. Since then, I’ve been trying to dissect its characteristics and it is my pleasure to announce that I’m finally ready to share a more conclusive opinion with everyone.

Here, I’ve not only analyzed the general sound signature of Code 23, but also dove deeper into comparisons with Effect Audio, PWA, and Eletech flagship lineups. Most specifically –

• Magnus 4-wire
  • Orpheus Shielding
  • Chiron
  • Centurion
  • Cleopatra II
  • Cleopatra II OCTA
  • Eros S
  • 1950s
  • Ode to Laura

If you’re interested and have some spare time to kill, please check out my Code 23 Review.
Your thoughts and opinions would be very much appreciated for a fun and intelligent discourse 😊
That was a good detailed review.

I remember that when I had the Code23 prototype with me, of all the cables I’ve owned, the 1950’s was the closest thing to the Code23. Not exactly the same but there were some similarities nonetheless.

Feb 18, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #6,682 of 7,911
That was a good detailed review.

I remember that when I had the Code23 prototype with me, of all the cables I’ve owned, the 1950’s was the closest thing to the Code23. Not exactly the same but there were some similarities nonetheless.
The first thing I can think of is how they render midrange transparency to a similar degree of prowess. I loved the 1950s as it was the first cable to introduce me to what a flagship cable sounds like, and Code 23 performs not only on par but with a greater expansion of soundstage at a significantly less price.

Feb 18, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #6,683 of 7,911
20230206_150806.jpg

• Magnus 4-wire
  • Orpheus Shielding
  • Chiron
  • Centurion
  • Cleopatra II
  • Cleopatra II OCTA
  • Eros S
  • 1950s
  • Ode to Laura

Thanks for clearing up my FOMO!

After hearing the Code 23 prototype, I was left wondering just how good the kilobuck or multi-kilobuck cables might sound. Thanks for confirming that it's not much and Code 23 will be more than enough for me.

Feb 18, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #6,685 of 7,911
20230206_150806.jpg

• Magnus 4-wire
  • Orpheus Shielding
  • Chiron
  • Centurion
  • Cleopatra II
  • Cleopatra II OCTA
  • Eros S
  • 1950s
  • Ode to Laura

Really great review. I appreciated the comparison to a variety of cables from EA and others. The Code 23 is on my demo list next week at CanJam.

Feb 18, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #6,686 of 7,911
@JordonEA
Can you guys do a version of this for Areas S? I am using a transparent iem thus i like a matching colour cable.
Can you also help me to change the connector to ie500 pro with 3.5mm single end?

Attachments

• 458D5573-CE1A-4EF6-B9AA-A0C17946F462.jpeg
    458D5573-CE1A-4EF6-B9AA-A0C17946F462.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 19, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #6,687 of 7,911
Can we please get some pics of hardware used for various Code 23 **headphone** connector types (e.g. 3.5mm/mini-XLR/2.5mm/etc.)? Or at least answer me this: will the colorway for all connectors match what is used for the IEM connectors?

Feb 19, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #6,688 of 7,911
20230206_150806.jpg

• Magnus 4-wire
  • Orpheus Shielding
  • Chiron
  • Centurion
  • Cleopatra II
  • Cleopatra II OCTA
  • Eros S
  • 1950s
  • Ode to Laura

@SteveK27 That's a great detailed write up on CODE 23 😎 I hope you had fun cable rolling!

@JordonEA
Can you guys do a version of this for Areas S? I am using a transparent iem thus i like a matching colour cable.
Can you also help me to change the connector to ie500 pro with 3.5mm single end?
Thanks for checking in with us @amature101
We are unable to customise sleeve colours at this point in time but that's a great suggestion for us to consider in the future. Let me share that over to the product team. 👍

Can we please get some pics of hardware used for various Code 23 **headphone** connector types (e.g. 3.5mm/mini-XLR/2.5mm/etc.)? Or at least answer me this: will the colorway for all connectors match what is used for the IEM connectors?
hello @feverfive 🙌🏽 I've just checked out the Canjam NYC video. There is a section where Warren showcases our cables in difference connector types. Do check that out at 23mins 42 secs
😃

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Feb 21, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #6,689 of 7,911
Passing to say that I’m having a blast with this since yesterday. (Cross-post from 64a thread). :wink:

I like the versatility of this cable in all price range IEMs/cables I have now.

Make sure you give it a try at CamJam if you can.

10FD02CB-5017-4C71-B1C2-A124F2968BAD.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #6,690 of 7,911
Is the Code 23 really usable with IEMs as far as fit is concerned? Do the IEMs connected to it stay safely in the ears? May some models encounter problems in that respect?

Seldomly read something more concrete about the Code 23 ergonomics besides that it is heavy and stiff which it obviously is :wink: ... .

I am on the fence to buy my first EA but cannot decide between an Eros S with the upgrade 4.4 OFC plug, the Code 23 or even one of the 8w Ares or Cadmus...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back