Effect Audio cables thread
Jan 1, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #6,541 of 7,951
@JordonEA Can you post any more pics of the cable to show the final look of the black vs. green?

Also, when are these expected to ship?

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #6,542 of 7,951
The Code 23 is really a cool cable. One of its specialties is in the width, height, and ability to open up the entire stage. It would almost describe it as being able to transform a closed in-ear monitor into an open-back headphone. This is how unique this cable is. Furthermore, when opening up the stage, all the instrument location and the position of the vocals is very evenly distributed and natural.

B5318945-F7B5-43DC-A557-448CF3271D2F.jpeg

ft. Hercules Audio Mega from our best friend Ben, really liked the pairing of Code 23 with Mega, pairing with hybrid in ears can get the best use of the solid core for unbeatable bass response.

Really can't wait to get this cable for Focal Utopia 2022 and see how it performs on actually open-back headphones.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #6,543 of 7,951
@EffectAudio , @JordonEA , can you please provide pictures of the carrying case included with the code 23? Is the case different for the black and green versions?

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #6,544 of 7,951
Wow loving the thickness of the new code 23 cable. Have a couple of thicker gauge cables but nothing the thickness of this one. Personally I like less wires but of a thicker gauge.

At 16.5 AWG it should be a big decrease the resistance of the cable. I imagine that help with the sound quality and bass should make for a nice improvement of a thinner gauge.

Congratz to affect audio looks like another unique cable. Looking forward to reading the reviews on this cable.

Also wishing everyone has a great new year!!

Jan 3, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #6,547 of 7,951
I am getting the Code 23 to test, mostly today courtesy of @Ace Bee and @JordonEA. Until I get them, want to share these thick hand-crafted cables I currently use for Euclid and Mext!! The Olive and Red cable looks like a snake hehe.
1.jpg

3.jpg

Jan 3, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #6,548 of 7,951
Any Supermoon owner here? Which cable you guys recommend?

Jan 3, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #6,549 of 7,951
Any Supermoon owner here? Which cable you guys recommend?
Chiron is really good but that may be overkill! I have found the Venture Electronics Standard Di Copper cable pairs well too!

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #6,550 of 7,951
The New Year is Happy as I got to try Effect Audio's latest Code 23 cable. This is a prototype that is going around with people who are interested to try it out. The cable is thicccccccccc, like big and eye-catching thick. For the size and build, it's not as stiff as one might imagine. Soundwise, it's pretty solid. I have currently tested it out with Unique Melody Mext, in my brief audition I find that the Code 23 enhances the sub-bass, instrument crispness, and stage presentation for the Mext. Sub-bass is refined, shows cleaner rumble, instruments sound crispier, they are better detailed as well(compared to the stock cable of the Mext), Stage width is not gained but it now has a better sense of spaciousness and air. This tends to bring out better separation and clarity for instruments as well.

Next, I will put it up with the Audeze Euclid later tonight.

One thing though, the Prototype cable is quite heavy and bulky. It's a little hard to manage it properly, at least for me.

Some Beautiful Pictures for you guys!!
323979421_1264530380763977_1137658617085350846_n.jpg

Jan 3, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #6,551 of 7,951
Chiron is really good but that may overkill! I have found the Venture Electronics Standard Di Copper cable pairs well too!
Yap and his love for Chiron… 🤭

You and @JordonEA made me really intrigued by it on my SM as well… I’ll try to give it a listen as well.

Do you have the 8W or 4W?

Jan 3, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #6,553 of 7,951
Jan 3, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #6,554 of 7,951
Chiron is really good but that may be overkill! I have found the Venture Electronics Standard Di Copper cable pairs well too!
Chiron definately not the price point for me.

Cool, Venture Electronics Standard Di Copper looks good price. Curious what's the improvement? I mainly want to see if I can get more natural timbre. Tuning wise, I am very happy with Supermoon.

Jan 3, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #6,555 of 7,951
Chiron definately not the price point for me.

Cool, Venture Electronics Standard Di Copper looks good price. Curious what's the improvement? I mainly want to see if I can get more natural timbre. Tuning wise, I am very happy with Supermoon.
I find that SM can be a little aggressive in the upper mids and treble and what the Standard Di cable does is to smoothen the rough edges and sweeten the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back