Effect Audio cables thread
May 16, 2024 at 5:11 AM Post #7,951 of 7,990
Ares S.jpg

I just wanted to update you on how it went with the warranty repair of the Ares S 8w which had the right ConX pin returned. The shipment cost 45 euros (and so far nothing to say) it took more than a month for the repair and as the return approached I was told that the costs were entirely my responsibility, another 20 euros (I knew that if the defect is ascertained under warranty at least the reshipment is done by the company but the opposite is written in the Effect Audio warranty policy). The icing on the cake is represented by the fact that the returned cable was declared as goods to be sold and not as a return under warranty so I had to pay another 35 euros in customs. All this for a poorly made cable (ConX), returned under warranty and for which Effect Audio did not pay a single cent during the entire procedure that I remember concerning a defective cable under warranty. Everyone draws their own conclusions. Total spent 100 euros.
I wanted to update you on my situation which, above all, thanks to the help of Mr. Lim Rui of Effect Audio, was resolved in the best possible way. In fact, I was reimbursed for the expenses I initially incurred for requesting assistance under warranty. Thanks to this refund I am happy to be able to say that Effect Audio has behaved in the best possible way to regain my trust in their company and I hope that in the future they will be able to implement a policy as close to the customer as it was for me. I again thank Mr. Lim Rui who took charge of managing the entire practice, demonstrating that he has interest and care for the image that his company has towards its customers. Well done Effect Audio!!!

May 17, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #7,952 of 7,990
Is there any <$1000 cables from EA to step up from Eros S? Don't wanna spend multi-K on the cables as I don't have >1,5K IEMs.

I really like my Eros S 1st Anniversary, it's really hard to main other cables after Eros S 😂

Sadly the earguide kinda fatiguing for me (only on my left ear tho) since first time using it. I like the style of Code variants, but none having similar spec like Eros S.

It'll be mainly for Singularity & MKIII.

1000103665.jpg
I love the looks on this pairing. Eros S AE is definitely a great cable in general.

At around 1k I would suggest Cleo II (if you got the sale). That is still the best cost v performance in EA offering in my opinion.

anyone knows when is noir coming out lol I can't wait
On other threads people were saying end of this month… so I guess it will be out really soon. Instagram is also teasing this release.

May 19, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #7,953 of 7,990
Hey guys, my review of the excellent solid-core duo, Code 24 and 24C, is now online here.

cover.jpg

Thanks as always to the one and only @JordonEA

May 20, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #7,954 of 7,990
Hey, I got these last week and didn't know what to do apart from listening to them until now, lol.
Anyway, here are the Pilgrim OG and Effect Audio x Elysian Acoustic Labs PILGRIM Noir:

20240520_122505.jpg
The NOIR comes with a Special Edition Eros S:NOIR (ok, I am slightly confused with what I should call it) which is the third version of Eros S released. First impression is that the Special Edition Eros S might need some burn in as the Eros S 1st AE edition does sound bigger with the PILGRIM Noir. It's slightly darker and less treble forward compared to the PILGRIM OG testing with the same cables. Also noticeably bassier which really suits a neutral-head/semi-basshead like me.

And of coz more burn in is required for the units and the cables.

20240520_122417.jpg
Well, and then the PILGRIM does benefit from a cable upgrade from the stock for sure. :wink:

Edit: I really like it, the NOIR with Eros S 1st AE, Eros S NOIR still burning in.... and the OG to be tested vigorously with other cables...

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #7,955 of 7,990
Hey, I got these last week and didn't know what to do apart from listening to them until now, lol.
Anyway, here are the Pilgrim OG and Effect Audio x Elysian Acoustic Labs PILGRIM Noir:

The NOIR comes with a Special Edition Eros S:NOIR (ok, I am slightly confused with what I should call it) which is the third version of Eros S released. First impression is that the Special Edition Eros S might need some burn in as the Eros S 1st AE edition does sound bigger with the PILGRIM Noir. It's slightly darker and less treble forward compared to the PILGRIM OG testing with the same cables. Also noticeably bassier which really suits a neutral-head/semi-basshead like me.

Well, and then the PILGRIM does benefit from a cable upgrade from the stock for sure. :wink:

Edit: I really like it, the NOIR with Eros S 1st AE, Eros S NOIR still burning in.... and the OG to be tested vigorously with other cables...
And some measurements with Bamboo tips:

Cyan: PILGRIM OG
Purple: PILGRIM NOIR
1716197655324.png

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #7,956 of 7,990
A few moments ago my doorbell rang. When I opened the door there was a small package sitting on the doorstep. I’ve literally just found out about this!

IMG_2874.jpeg

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #7,957 of 7,990
Cross post from Pilgrim thread:

And lightning does strike twice. I’d just put the Noir on to burn for a bit and about 40 mins later there is another knock at the door…

IMG_2875.jpeg
IMG_2876.jpeg
IMG_2877.jpegIMG_2878.jpeg

May 21, 2024 at 12:51 AM Post #7,958 of 7,990

Just a quick impression:

While the Eros S Noir is a good match for the PILGRIM NOIR even without burn-in, I find the Code 24C to be the perfect match ATM. :L3000:

20240521_124713.jpg
Clean and precise treble without any harsh harmonics, adequate thumpy bass response, good definition of stage and separation.

Can't wait to hear how the Eros S NOIR is going sound like with the PILGRIM after burn-in.

Note: All Eros S' - the OG Eros S, Eros S 1st AE and then the Eros S NOIR share similar DNA but they do sound different. For instance, the Eros S NOIR has a gold plate plug while the Eros S 1st AE and Eros S OG are rhodium plated.

And my playlist for sound testing:

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #7,959 of 7,990
20240521_124713.jpg
Clean and precise treble without any harsh harmonics, adequate thumpy bass response, good definition of stage and separation.

🥰 I haven't heard the Noir yet. But based on the graph you posted above, and my own very positive experiences with the Code 24C, I can definitely see that!

May 21, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #7,960 of 7,990
Just a quick impression:

While the Eros S Noir is a good match for the PILGRIM NOIR even without burn-in, I find the Code 24C to be the perfect match ATM. :L3000:

20240521_124713.jpg

Can't wait to hear how the Eros S NOIR is going sound like with the PILGRIM after burn-in.

Note: All Eros S' - the OG Eros S, Eros S 1st AE and then the Eros S NOIR share similar DNA but they do sound different. For instance, the Eros S NOIR has a gold plate plug while the Eros S 1st AE and Eros S OG are rhodium plated.

And my playlist for sound testing:

Good start of impressions there. :)

All Eros are the same cable material, the deference you see is the TermX. Noir apparently comes with TermX, while the other Eros’ are the basic EA connector, unless upgraded to TermX or Pentaconn.

May 21, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #7,961 of 7,990
Good start of impressions there. :)

All Eros are the same cable material, the deference you see is the TermX. Noir apparently comes with TermX, while the other Eros’ are the basic EA connector, unless upgraded to TermX or Pentaconn.
Yea but from my experience the wire insulation material (the skin) do sometimes give the sound a different response / character.
Try this, one of the best songs and albums for sound testing IMO.

May 21, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #7,962 of 7,990
This afternoon I have received (a big thanks to EA / @JordonEA for that!) the 2 Pilgrims.

The first one to arrive was the (sample without a box) Pilgrim Noir...
20240521_151737.jpg

and approx one hour later the (retail boxed) Pilgrim as well...
20240521_154835.jpg
20240521_154931.jpg

So, I guess for the upcoming days I've got some serious listening to do :)

20240521_124713.jpg
Hmmm, that's interesting! I might give that combination a (synergy) try as well later on :thinking:
But for the upcoming period I will probably listen mainly with the stock cables, as I assume that they were tuned with these.

Btw, @Pelilin I noticed that you've changed your avatar pic => it looks like you have picked up the Code 24C recently? Hopefully you (also) like it! :)

May 21, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #7,963 of 7,990
Btw, @Pelilin I noticed that you've changed your avatar pic => it looks like you have picked up the Code 24C recently? Hopefully you (also) like it! :)
Hehehe now i have both 24 and 24c. I think this copper definitely very good sounding. The stage is not intimate at all while keeping all the sound qualities of copper. Very good! I like this color more than 24 IMO. The purple look luxurious and beautiful. I have not tried code 23 so im not sure how they compare but i heard from someone who own 3 of them he said 24c sound better and have better ergonomic.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #7,965 of 7,990
My first effect audio cable, the Cadmus 8w should arrive tomorrow. Hope it pairs well with CFA supermoon
I've got the Cadmus 8W and absolutely LOVE that cable and I've 8 Different Planar set - while I havent heard the Supermoon, knowing what I know about planars and the Cadmus 8 - you're in for a treat. You should get the best of the low end out of the planar and some sweet extention to the treble. I'm a little envious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back