Effect Audio cables thread
Aug 15, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #2,494 of 7,910
SE 3.5
There are no local cable experts where I'm at.
20180813_211600.jpg

4.4mm female yo 3.5mm male eidolic lugh, with 8 wires, 4 wires is moon audio silver dragon and the other 4 is ps audio no.5

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #2,497 of 7,910
What effect audio cable has a mid forward sound?

I'd probably suggest Lionheart, but that's more of an upper-mid-forward sound. So, vocals sound more vibrant and engaging, rather than exclusively pushed forward in terms of positioning. Honestly, I'm not aware of any cable (Effect Audio or otherwise) that purely pushes the mids forward without any side effects.

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #2,498 of 7,910
I'd probably suggest Lionheart, but that's more of an upper-mid-forward sound. So, vocals sound more vibrant and engaging, rather than exclusively pushed forward in terms of positioning. Honestly, I'm not aware of any cable (Effect Audio or otherwise) that purely pushes the mids forward without any side effects.

Thank you both , how do I get my ares 2 (3.5mm) into 4.4mm ? Without adapter

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #2,502 of 7,910
@Deezel177 aka Usain Bolt Jr

naive has a18 so which cable would pair well with it ? other cable companies are welcome ofc

Aug 16, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #2,503 of 7,910
@Deezel177 aka Usain Bolt Jr

naive has a18 so which cable would pair well with it ? other cable companies are welcome ofc

I haven't tried this combo personally, but based on how I know the cable and the IEM to individually sound, the PWAudio Saladin sounds like a good bet.

Aug 16, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #2,504 of 7,910
I haven't tried this combo personally, but based on how I know the cable and the IEM to individually sound, the PWAudio Saladin sounds like a good bet.

you are an asset to this community Daniel , and you are a good person (i am good at reading people , so kudos)

btw , Eos and Zeus match great and to think i am happy with a cable that i paid only 150$ for....good times.

Aug 16, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #2,505 of 7,910
*sigh* I have had the Thor II 8-wire 4.4mm for a month or so and I have reached the decision to let it go.

I recognise that this cable is excellent and technically better in a lot of areas than my default Ares II 4-wire, extension both ways is better, higher resolution, details more apparent and layering and air between instruments is phenomenal. Yet, despite of all this, for my music/taste the Ares suits me better.

So, for the EE Vantage the Ares works best for me but, I have to say that with the Rhapsodio Zombie the Thor is a freaking beast! Cleans it up real good and gives them a much needed treble extension while maintaining deep and controlled bass.

Just goes to show that no matter the price, materials etc your ears will be the final judge. Remember guys, synergy and taste can beat the most expensive combos out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back