Effect Audio cables thread
Jan 5, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #1,382 of 7,907

[IMPORTANT NOTICE]

Termination Of Dealership - Music Sanctuary (Effective 04/01/18)

Due to multiple issues arising from "Parallel Import/Export" which infringes distribution rights agreement; “Negligent Misrepresentation" of Effect Audio & our products, Effect Audio will terminate the aforementioned dealership account with effective immediately.

Effect Audio reviews distribution rights very seriously and will not hesitate to take action against rogue dealerships if necessary. Please kindly support your local authorised dealer for warranty protection and ensure product authenticity.​

For further inquiries, please feel free to contact us at:

Effect Audio
110 Lorong 23 Geylang
#06-01, Victory Center
Singapore 388410

Tel : +65 82003584
Email : info@effectaudio.com

We sincerely thank everybody for the continued support of Effect Audio.

Best Regards,
Effect Audio Management

4th January 2018

While I think it is a pity that Effect Audio kicks out MS (they might even be the biggest retailer in our field...), it is very important to look at both sides of this.
EA has to be able to protect their dealers and distributors that their territory is valued and that others cannot sell directly into other areas. Therefore I totally understand the move from EA, especially since there must be some sort of agreement between EA and their dealers.
I do get that customers want their rights to purchase from wherever they can, simply because this is the internet and importing products has never been that easy. But from a professional point of view a relationship between manufacturer and distributor/retailer has to be respected and valued. I believe it was not an easy decision by EA and there definitely have been warnings. As said before, MS probably is one of the biggest out there. EA cares about their partners, otherwise they would have just looked away...

Just my 2 cents.

Jan 5, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #1,384 of 7,907
My saying in this is business ethic is the must in conducting business.
Rei was right that EA also sells directly to customers in countries that DOES NOT HAVE "EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT".
However, EA also honors that agreement.
Thus, the final decision to make the purchases falls solely into customers' preferences.

Me myself, I live in 2 countries so I prefer to make my purchase only from EA where applicable. Why?? Because customer service is much better than the dealer.

Well, there is a case in another country in SE Asia with another brand.
There was an unauthorized dealer in one small country north of Malaysia selling high end DAPs from a country south of North Korea which the unauthorized dealer bought from an authorized distributor from a country south of Malaysia. Once the authorized distributor found out, they reported to that high end DAPs company.
The result was that the authorized distributor from a country south of Malaysia was terminated.

This, in my opinion, is a fair decision to Music Sanctuary made by Effect Audio. Who would want a business partner who has no business ethic?

Jan 6, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #1,385 of 7,907
It is unfortunate that this is the outcome of the MS and Effect relationship. If MS have indeed breached the contract between them and effect then I see it as within Effect’s rights to terminate said contract. I would like to think that a pragmatic discussion would have occurred between the two parties prior to that however. Likely did and an agreed position going forward could not be met. I am sure due diligence has been carried out by Effect prior to termination, so the grounds are likely legitimate, else MS could likely take legal action.

To balance any negative perceptions regarding MS’ ethics I would like to say that as a repeat customer I have found MS to provide outstanding customer service, pre sale, during sale, and after sales support. I can’t recommend them highly enough and I will continue to buy from them with 100% confidence.

Jan 6, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #1,386 of 7,907
Absolutely, I completely forgot about this giveaway!!!
I didn't forget about it and it is great to see you got it! :D

Yesterday I came home from holiday and found this little beauty on my doorstep...
Lionheart.JPG

Jan 6, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #1,388 of 7,907
I try to refrain from commenting on the 'business side' of things here, as I work in High-End audio. My account here is mine alone, and I do not speak for my employer here, but nonetheless, my affiliation is noted on every post I make.

That said, I would have preferred if Effect Audio had simply posted that they had ended their relationship with MS, and that, going forward, product warranties might be effected. The how and why is a private matter between MS and EE, and no mention of it was necessary (in my opinion, of course). I also am uncomfortable with people speculating (without any factual basis whatsoever) as to what happened between MS and EE. I've met Eric et. al. from EE, and they are nice people, and their cables are excellent. Thta's what this thread is about.

Jan 7, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #1,390 of 7,907
In this year, can I expect new brush-up premium lineup? Likes Psquared plug will not only be available for 3.5 or 2.5 but also 4.4, or etc, and EA Ferrite guard feature shall be utilised in lower models, new revised 2-pin connector from gold-plated brass to be gold plated TeCu or something new.
By the way, Does anyone here ever tried EA Hessonite ? Once Hessonite run out of stock, e-earphone removed its product page out including customer feedbacks.

Jan 7, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #1,392 of 7,907
Jan 8, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #1,393 of 7,907
In this year, can I expect new brush-up premium lineup? Likes Psquared plug will not only be available for 3.5 or 2.5 but also 4.4, or etc, and EA Ferrite guard feature shall be utilised in lower models, new revised 2-pin connector from gold-plated brass to be gold plated TeCu or something new.
By the way, Does anyone here ever tried EA Hessonite ? Once Hessonite run out of stock, e-earphone removed its product page out including customer feedbacks.

4.4mm, We've decided to work with Pentaconn for the premium offering, albeit it not being called PSquared (Palladium/Platinum), we do have a pentaconn collab alternative :) ~ We will launch a re-termination program soon for current owners to reterminate into the PSquared superior terminations with EA Ferrite Guard.

-Eric

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jan 8, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #1,394 of 7,907
4.4mm, We've decided to work with Pentaconn for the premium offering, albeit it not being called PSquared (Palladium/Platinum), we do have a pentaconn collab alternative :) ~ We will launch a re-termination program soon for current owners to reterminate into the PSquared superior terminations with EA Ferrite Guard.

-Eric

This is a great news, (especially for current owners like me!).

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #1,395 of 7,907
We will launch a re-termination program soon for current owners to reterminate into the PSquared superior terminations with EA Ferrite Guard.

-Eric

Good news! I'm going to reterminate my Thor Silver II !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back