Effect Audio cables thread
Jan 8, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #1,396 of 7,908
4.4mm, We've decided to work with Pentaconn for the premium offering, albeit it not being called PSquared (Palladium/Platinum), we do have a pentaconn collab alternative :) ~ We will launch a re-termination program soon for current owners to reterminate into the PSquared superior terminations with EA Ferrite Guard.

-Eric
Excellent news for current owners like me.. lionheart with hopefully right angled 4.4 mm -squared.. keep us posted

Jan 8, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #1,397 of 7,908
wrong thread

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #1,398 of 7,908
26771987_10215387147941754_959645135_o.jpg

Well Aged "Leonidas" , derived from the first batch ship out date - 2 years ago.

-Eric

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jan 9, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #1,400 of 7,908
So tempted to pulling the trigger on the Leonidas for my Fourte but I just can't click the "place order" button! Someone push me over the edge and make me do it, lol!

You should do this. I found the Leo to be the best match for the Fourte (before I sold my Fourte). It's a beautiful looking cable to boot (not to mention the awesome leather case).

Jan 9, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #1,401 of 7,908
So tempted to pulling the trigger on the Leonidas for my Fourte but I just can't click the "place order" button! Someone push me over the edge and make me do it, lol!
Here's a treat! Now, push that button... :D
tenor.gif

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #1,402 of 7,908
I'm up to my ears in cables, but am finally getting to try an Effect Audio cable in the form of the EOS (which is probably now going to disappear). I then, because I'm partially insane, decided I wanted the Thor Silver II+ and the Bespoke Leonidas + Thor Silver II from a certain seller that I will now not mention as ex-demo units. Can't wait to receive all three of these cables. I know at least one of these (hopefully) will have a permanent home on my Dita Dream since the ergonomics of that cable is about as pleasant as paying taxes in the rain up hill in both directions. Anyway, will report back with some pics when these arrive!

-Collin-

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #1,403 of 7,908
I'm up to my ears in cables, but am finally getting to try an Effect Audio cable in the form of the EOS (which is probably now going to disappear). I then, because I'm partially insane, decided I wanted the Thor Silver II+ and the Bespoke Leonidas + Thor Silver II from a certain seller that I will now not mention as ex-demo units. Can't wait to receive all three of these cables. I know at least one of these (hopefully) will have a permanent home on my Dita Dream since the ergonomics of that cable is about as pleasant as paying taxes in the rain up hill in both directions. Anyway, will report back with some pics when these arrive!

-Collin-

yes, that dealer has quite some deals if anybody is interested in EA cables.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #1,406 of 7,908
Nice~ and beutiful!
Assuming these are in your possession, how are they compared to the 4-wire... 2x the sound stage?

There are comparisons to the 4-wire throughout the review, as well as a dedicated section comparing the two on the third page.

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #1,407 of 7,908

-Collin-

I also browsed that we site yesterday but wasn’t familiar with the bespoke series so I wanted to do research. They’re all gone now, looks like I missed out :frowning2:

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #1,409 of 7,908
Excellent work again, and great pictures! What camera and lens do you use?

Thanks man! This was shot on a Canon 5D Mk. 3, with an EF 100mm/f2.8L Macro IS lens. I personally rock a Fujifilm XT-10, but there are perks to living with a professional photographer in the house. :D

Jan 9, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #1,410 of 7,908
Thanks man! This was shot on a Canon 5D Mk. 3, with an EF 100mm/f2.8L Macro IS lens. I personally rock a Fujifilm XT-10, but there are perks to living with a professional photographer in the house. :D
Hehe, quite a perk! :D Very nice camera and lens combo! (Fuji has some really cool stuff too, btw!) I still need a decent macro lens for my trusty 7D. It is really hard to capture the wires of the cable well when you're constantly fighting the minimum focus distance of a regular lens. :p Plus I have no decent light setup (used to do landscape and bird photography) and that adds to the challenge. But yeah, these images are superbly done!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back