Effect Audio cables thread
Jul 27, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #6,061 of 7,966
u18s eros.jpg

Having tried the P37 and P38 during the prototype period, or finally revealed as the Cadmus and Ares S, I was excited to give the Eros S a go, and boy did it not disappoint.

The cable has a unique texture akin to the Chiron, and is extremely supple and pliable. The final hardware really complements the look of the grayscale cable and seals the premium package of the cable.

Hooking it up to my U18s, which already has incredible staging and resolution, the Eros S enhances that further, making the soundstage even more expansive and layered, bringing out microdetails to the forefront.

The cable is still fresh so I'll be listening to it a lot more before popping more detailed impressions but I am blown away just by the fact alone that this is just $299. The price-defying auditory performance, 8-wire configuration, premium hardware and feel of the cable, the impeccable build quality that we have come to know and love from Effect Audio, and I haven't even mentioned the packaging and unboxing experience yet! They even managed to squeeze in budget to include a cleverly designed carrying case.

Shout out to @JordonEA for giving me the opportunity to experience the Signature series - I think you have a winner here in the new series!

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #6,063 of 7,966
Got notice a couple days ago that my Cadmus has shipped. Got notice today that expected delivery is next Tuesday.
This is the comp. cable I am receiving for taking part in the launch.

I would like to thank the team at Effect Audio once again for the invitation to take part and for the cable.

When Cadmus arrives ... it's heading straight to a reunification with Timeless.

Jul 29, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #6,064 of 7,966
Good morning beautiful Abu Dhabi! We are halfway there to London! Can't wait for Canjam y'all! 😎🎉
Screenshot 2022-07-29 at 11.49.12 AM.png

What’s the expected turnaround for bespoke service?
Hi @Shawnb , it depends on the availability of the materials 😃 Do send in an email to our team at info@effectaudio.com for more details! They will be able to help advise accordingly!

Got notice a couple days ago that my Cadmus has shipped. Got notice today that expected delivery is next Tuesday.

I would like to thank the team at Effect Audio once again for the invitation to take part and for the cable.

Cheers!! I'm sure you will love the unboxing experience too 🎉🤩

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jul 29, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #6,065 of 7,966
Hey guys! We will be exhibiting at Canjam London this weekend at booth E2! We will bring along a couple of new stuff for yall to try 😉 (1 new Pure Silver Cable and 1 Collab product with Elysian Acoustic Labs 🤓).

I will also be throwing in all the demos I can find into my luggage - Flagship and Signature Series included 😬Oh yes! There will also be promotions, free gifts and daily giveaways too 🎉🎉 So do come by our booth to give our products a try! I'll be there with my colleague Heley, say Hi to us!

- Jordon

How does this new Cleopatra sound compared to the original and will it also have an 8w version?

An no worries, already in contact with support. Bespokeing my Code 51 with the Chiron 4w, something that amazing doesn't happen overnight. It's still early in the process so I'm content to wait for now, besides you must have lots going on with CanJam this weekend, I'm just eager. The anticipation is building though, am really looking forward to how this can improve or enhance the Code 51.

I'm lucky I have a backup to keep me happy.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #6,067 of 7,966
How do you like the Centurion with the Phantoms? I've been using a Leo II Octa, and love it. I also use the Leo II with my LX and it's great there as well.

It's waayyyy overkill. :smile: The Phantom pairs well-enough with my Leo II (4W) already... and now that I think about it, the Phantom with Eros S was pretty darned good. I think that's a good sweet spot in terms of bang for the buck with the Phantom.

Jul 29, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #6,068 of 7,966
Got notice a couple of days ago that my Cadmus has shipped. Got notice today that the expected delivery is next Tuesday.

Mine also shipped and excepted delivery also is Tuesday. It is going to be connected to the Mest Mkii and will begin the burn-in process. Looking forward to hearing and seeing the finished product.

Thanks, UM for the opportunity to be part of this experiment of testing unknown prototypes. Enjoyed it and the gift cable was a nice bonus.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #6,069 of 7,966
IMG_20220730_175914.jpg

Effect Audio Cadmus is a very well balanced cable. Both vocals and instruments haa equal amount of focus and sparkes added on top for enjoyment. Huge bang for the buck.

Jul 30, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #6,071 of 7,966
Jul 30, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #6,073 of 7,966
It's waayyyy overkill. :smile: The Phantom pairs well-enough with my Leo II (4W) already... and now that I think about it, the Phantom with Eros S was pretty darned good. I think that's a good sweet spot in terms of bang for the buck with the Phantom.
I actually just shifted my Horus to pair with the Phantom and I'm pleasantly surprised after my Phantom being on Lionheart for the longest time. Clears up the mids and resolution and imaging was boosted slightly. Special thanks to @EffectAudio again for fixing the larger sized barrel on my Horus

Jul 30, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #6,074 of 7,966
I enjoyed my time today at Effect Audio’s booth at Canjam, listening to the new Cleopatra 2 demo units. There’s both 4 wire and 8 wire to choose from. Thanks to @JordonEA who patiently let me sit there listening for what must have been an hour or more!

64E82D2A-5572-4701-9870-411C60352DD5.jpeg

Jul 30, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #6,075 of 7,966
We are all ready for the new Cleo S cable. It is actually a really lush silver cable compared to the Original Cleo. Vocals have great density while the signature still maintains the quality of a silver cable. It has a really wide sound stage and the bass is actually really powerful but extremely clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back