Effect Audio cables thread
Aug 1, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #6,091 of 7,970
How does this new Cleopatra sound compared to the original and will it also have an 8w version?

An no worries, already in contact with support. Bespokeing my Code 51 with the Chiron 4w, something that amazing doesn't happen overnight. It's still early in the process so I'm content to wait for now, besides you must have lots going on with CanJam this weekend, I'm just eager. The anticipation is building though, am really looking forward to how this can improve or enhance the Code 51.

I'm lucky I have a backup to keep me happy.

Code51 + Chiron . An interesting combination. Wait for your sharing when you receive it later.

Aug 2, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #6,094 of 7,970
Gotta say it turned out more beautiful then I imagined

1659414982703.jpg

Aug 2, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #6,095 of 7,970
Absolutely loved the Chiron with the Phonix, magnifies's Phonix's strengths to 11. Some might find it too thick and smooth tho and in general I think Centurion is a more versatile pairing with added energy and sparkle in the treble, and with a bit more subbass presence. Chiron has a more neutral treble/subbass and is basically for pure vocal bliss without sacrificing any technical ability over the Centurion (it is literally the same in terms of imaging and soundstage size).

Aug 2, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #6,099 of 7,970
Absolutely loved the Chiron with the Phonix, magnifies's Phonix's strengths to 11. Some might find it too thick and smooth tho and in general I think Centurion is a more versatile pairing with added energy and sparkle in the treble, and with a bit more subbass presence. Chiron has a more neutral treble/subbass and is basically for pure vocal bliss without sacrificing any technical ability over the Centurion (it is literally the same in terms of imaging and soundstage size).
Was this Chiron 4w or 8w?

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #6,100 of 7,970
Look who got mail..... Aries S, Cadmus and Eros S in the house!
And I concur the packaging is 2nd to none. THe accessories are ( cable case) is outstanding and actually useful and the cable aesthetics are beautiful. More importantly they sound terrific. The Aries S is going straight onto my EJ07M to beef up the bottom end. The Cadmus is is going onto my MEXT to pull out the finest details and de-emphasize the bottom end without mitigating it and Eros S has been resrved for my incoming IMR EDP ACE to pull the best from the ADLC DD & Planar!

Excited! Thank you EA!

IMG_20220802_133127.jpg

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #6,101 of 7,970
Look who got mail..... Aries S, Cadmus and Eros S in the house!
And I concur the packaging is 2nd to none. THe accessories are ( cable case) is outstanding and actually useful and the cable aesthetics are beautiful. More importantly they sound terrific. The Aries S is going straight onto my EJ07M to beef up the bottom end. The Cadmus is is going onto my MEXT to pull out the finest details and de-emphasize the bottom end without mitigating it and Eros S has been resrved for my incoming IMR EDP ACE to pull the best from the ADLC DD & Planar!

Excited! Thank you EA!

I also received my Cadmus cable today. Completely agree the packaging and accessories are top-notch. Includes a cable case that I will use instead of being tossed in the drawer of misfits and ugly cases. Compared to the prototype it is a better quality construction.
The connections are high quality and I like how well this cable look matches with the mest mkii. The chin clinch design works great and overall the cable looks and feels like a much higher-priced cable.
Hooked it up to begin the burn-in and decided to give it a listen, even without burning it in I can tell it’s going sound great. The synergy with the R2R Dac, and a tube amp is perfect. The silver in the cable balances the warmth from the tubes and produces an excellent sound.
Going experiment once the cable is burned in with different tubes. With adding the Cadmus the system sounds even better. I added the Ares ii Dac since the prototype testing so hard to compare the differences.
Thanks again effect audio and special thanks to @jordan for keeping me informed on cable status.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #6,102 of 7,970
Was this Chiron 4w or 8w?
8w, didn't even know there's a 4w version until now...have been offline for a while just to enjoy my stuff.

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #6,103 of 7,970
8w, didn't even know there's a 4w version until now...have been offline for a while just to enjoy my stuff.
Standalone 4W version is available, as well as configurable bespoke option with multiple wires.

Soon we will be releasing 2 recommended bespoke options, if you are happen to visit HK AV show, please come to B02 and we will be exhibiting them at the show.

Suyang

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Aug 3, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #6,104 of 7,970
IMG_20220803_232608.jpg

Cadmus is a really special cable alone and it is totally worth it to add in more personality with the bespoke service. Adding Mars and OFC 4.4 to the mix, adds more density with a lusher mid-range. The highs are just as detailed with a slight golden color smoothness.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #6,105 of 7,970
Standalone 4W version is available, as well as configurable bespoke option with multiple wires.

Soon we will be releasing 2 recommended bespoke options, if you are happen to visit HK AV show, please come to B02 and we will be exhibiting them at the show.

Suyang

I'll let you know if you can add the Code 51 as one of those recommended options... Waiting is the worst part of this hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back