Effect Audio cables thread
Feb 13, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #3,301 of 7,919
I just got my eros ii 8w from eric.

I didnt know that upgrade bespoke actually means a new cable with a new box!!!

I got my eros ii 8w and it sounded horrible out of the box.. :)

So far i had never once believe in burning in.

Only after two hours of letting it burn in on its own and magically a few things opened up.

Build wise it is a wonderful soft and flexible cable.

Initially it sounded dull... The sub bass was overly boomy there was just so much sub bass. The mid was got overshadowed and extremely weak and veil vocal.

After 2 hours things opened up. The sub bass is still quite heavy around 30 to 60hz but it has more controlled now.

Before the bass was so heavy and my iem drivers produces weird springy distortion.

My burning and listening iem is not the same iem although i use the same sr15.

Right now it is still peaking around 125hz to 500hz and rolls off slightly below 1k. Male vocal opened up more.

Slams are a little boxy and lack impact.

The present layer around 4k is slightly veiled too i think the peak is still around 500hz. Female vocal sweetness is missing... And screams sounded like mouse squeaking but piano notes has good weight.

I will burn it for a week or two and i think it will sounds like the demo version.

From my memories, the demo peaked around 4k. I hope the peak will move all the way up till 4k and stop. Right now there is smaller peak around 6k to 8k but rolled up sharply after that around 10k.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #3,302 of 7,919
We are in NYC! See you guys in abit! :)

Meanwhile - If you've been hearing about the "Stock Cable Trade Up" Campaign - Here's where you can find more info :

Information Page
Product Page

Friends in NYC can drop by the booth to test out "Origin"!

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Feb 16, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #3,303 of 7,919
Fact: I owe Eric a review.

Fact: the Leonidas II is breathtaking, easily the best cable I have, both in sound and ergonomics.

Fact: the review will sound like I'm shilling, but it's the real deal.

While the review is still stewing in a pot, here's a pic of "comparison day", which by the end of the session turned to "total ownage day".

20190216_143126.jpg

Feb 16, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #3,304 of 7,919
Fact: I owe Eric a review.

Fact: the Leonidas II is breathtaking, easily the best cable I have, both in sound and ergonomics.

Fact: the review will sound like I'm shilling, but it's the real deal.

While the review is still stewing in a pot, here's a pic of "comparison day", which by the end of the session turned to "total ownage day".

Fact: I know you're not shilling because I heard it for myself. :D

My Phantom just don't sound the same without Leo II. Looking forward to your review!

Feb 17, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #3,305 of 7,919
Leo II reviews shall henceforce be titled, "I know I sound like I'm shilling but it's just that good"

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #3,306 of 7,919
Hey guys just curious.. So im thinking of getting a balanced ea thor ii cable for my andromeda paired with an ak se100 dap. Do you guys think the thor will pair well with it? Any other cables you guys recommend for the andromedas?

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #3,307 of 7,919
Hey guys just curious.. So im thinking of getting a balanced ea thor ii cable for my andromeda paired with an ak se100 dap. Do you guys think the thor will pair well with it? Any other cables you guys recommend for the andromedas?

I think the Thor II would add great body to the bass and refine the highs, but maintain that vibrancy and energy the Andromeda is known for. I'd say they make a great pair.

Feb 20, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #3,309 of 7,919
I think the Thor II would add great body to the bass and refine the highs, but maintain that vibrancy and energy the Andromeda is known for. I'd say they make a great pair.

Okay thanks a lot! Thor it is then.

Feb 20, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #3,312 of 7,919
Have you checked the price of Janus D ?.. lol

But you also have a budget alternative :wink: EA just launched Origin SPC cable, $89 either with 2pin/mmcx/2.5mm/3.5mm or $50 with a trade-in of stock cable. Didn't expect that. Just saw it announced on MusicTeck.

ea_origin-facebook.jpg

Also, I see more info available on EA page here. Someone just pinged me asking if it's US only, no, this appears to be Global.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #3,314 of 7,919
But you also have a budget alternative :wink: EA just launched Origin SPC cable, $89 either with 2pin/mmcx/2.5mm/3.5mm or $50 with a trade-in of stock cable. Didn't expect that. Just saw it announced on MusicTeck.

Also, I see more info available on EA page here. Someone just pinged me asking if it's US only, no, this appears to be Global.
It is a great cable! I actually used a prototype for it with my Custom Art Ei.3 and although this one is an improved version, I really enjoyed using the prototype. Very comfortable and a lovely sound.

Feb 21, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #3,315 of 7,919
I got ahold of an Ares II cable which I really like paired up with my WM1A and Noble Savanna IEMs. I am having some custom K10s being made for me now and I would like a recommendation as to which cable would pair up with the K10s and the WM1A. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back