Effect Audio cables thread
Feb 4, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #3,271 of 7,908
For those who are interested, here is Erik's (@Wyville) detailed look at EA Leonidas II cable, and a very interesting comparison with many other Effect Audio cables.

Oh my, is that the long teased with Phantom write up that Wyville has been teasing????

Feb 5, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #3,272 of 7,908
Nice! Really curious what they are like, so please be sure to drop off some impressions when you can. :)

Not too many details, but there is this:

"Born between a collaboration between Effect Audio and Euphoria Audio’s resident audiophiles, the Melodious Twins – Sonata & Symphony is Effect Audio’s first stride outside of high-end market like the EA Arthur & Merlin.

Based off months of R&D and feedback from local audiophiles, the Twins aim to strike a balance between Sound, Build Quality, Cable Compatibility & Price, catering a amicable sound to beginners, musicians and audiophiles alike in the community."

A little more here:
https://www.euphoriaaudio.com.sg/the-melodious-twins-sonata-symphony-private-listening/

Was at the launch. Would say both sonata and symphony are bright and wide staging to me. The latter sounds more immersive. Love it with a pairing of either 8 wire eros ii or Leo II. So decided to place an order for symphony with 8 wire eros after some listening for a price I couldn't refuse :) impressions were also thrown in at the quoted price. Btw, both monitors are only available in customs form.

Feb 5, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #3,273 of 7,908
Was at the launch. Would say both sonata and symphony are bright and wide staging to me. The latter sounds more immersive. Love it with a pairing of either 8 wire eros ii or Leo II. So decided to place an order for symphony with 8 wire eros after some listening for a price I couldn't refuse :) impressions were also thrown in at the quoted price. Btw, both monitors are only available in customs form.
Thanks for sharing!

Feb 5, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #3,274 of 7,908
Fascinated by the effects of sound quality and signature on human psychology, I am the willing subject of my own experiments.

@Wyville i love you man , i really do ahahahahaha

Feb 5, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #3,275 of 7,908
Fascinated by the effects of sound quality and signature on human psychology, I am the willing subject of my own experiments.

@Wyville i love you man , i really do ahahahahaha
What can I say, I'm a scientist at heart. :D

Feb 5, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #3,276 of 7,908
Oh my, is that the long teased with Phantom write up that Wyville has been teasing????
It is, and now I am really worried if it will live up to expectation...
tenor.gif

Feb 5, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #3,277 of 7,908
It is, and now I am really worried if it will live up to expectation...
tenor.gif
I've read and reread it multiple times to glean all that juicy Phantom pair up details, so it lived up to the hype. When I saw how short the first page was on first read, I felt a bit dissapointed, then page happened, scrolled down for ages!

Have to admit reading about the Lionheart comparison had me put it back on Zeus with a new appreciation after thoroughly going through my 1200 song playlist with the Tri-Copper. Ea cables are definitely something special.

Feb 5, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #3,278 of 7,908
I've read and reread it multiple times to glean all that juicy Phantom pair up details, so it lived up to the hype. When I saw how short the first page was on first read, I felt a bit dissapointed, then page happened, scrolled down for ages!

Have to admit reading about the Lionheart comparison had me put it back on Zeus with a new appreciation after thoroughly going through my 1200 song playlist with the Tri-Copper. Ea cables are definitely something special.
Thanks man!

Yeah, I gave Alex a formatting nightmare with this one, so page two is huuuuuge. :p

Lionheart is a great cable, still love it and it keeps winking at me and whispering "VE5" in my ears because that pairing was amazing. Sadly Lionheart, Eros II 8w and Leo II have now gone off to visit uncle Nic, so I will need to deal with some withdrawal symptoms in the coming weeks.

Feb 5, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #3,280 of 7,908
Lionheart pairs amazingly with my Zeus XR , unfortunately i am getting some sound dropbacks today and i fear I may have to send it back to EA headquarters to have it fixed

1st world problems/bummer i know , well at least i have Eos/AresII(8w) to fill the gap until then.

Feb 5, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #3,281 of 7,908
so guys , what's the best path to communicate with Effect Audio about my Lionheart cable that needs repair and is inside the warranty window ?

should i email Eric or go to their FB page ?

anyone with prior repair/replacement experience here ?

Feb 5, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #3,282 of 7,908
Thanks man!

Yeah, I gave Alex a formatting nightmare with this one, so page two is huuuuuge. :p

Lionheart is a great cable, still love it and it keeps winking at me and whispering "VE5" in my ears because that pairing was amazing. Sadly Lionheart, Eros II 8w and Leo II have now gone off to visit uncle Nic, so I will need to deal with some withdrawal symptoms in the coming weeks.
Mostly Leo II withdrawal symptions right? The others don't come anywhere close to inspire that toe curling neck hair standing level of bliss Leo II does.

Rereading page 2 while on break for the nth time, I agree source synergy is definitely a thing with the Lionheart, its VERY iffy with not just the IEM. Mine was originally SE coming out of the DPX1A and I loved it with Zeus. Then the plug broke and I got a replacement with 2.5. Then it started sounding different, bass was lacking a little omph, treble felt a bit veiled.

Having swapped back from Tri-Copper to Lionheart for the first time since I got the SE100. I'm getting the SE sound but in BAL this time.

Feb 5, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #3,283 of 7,908
so guys , what's the best path to communicate with Effect Audio about my Lionheart cable that needs repair and is inside the warranty window ?

Ping Eric here before emailing so he keeps an eye out for your email. It would suck if you fell out the warranty window waiting for a response.

Feb 5, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #3,284 of 7,908
cable was purchased on March 27th, 2018 so i am fine warranty-wise

besides, i have seen how efficiently EA has responded to previous repairs/replacement situations so i am stress-free

I just need to be patient and manage the upcoming withdrawal symptoms

oh well , like i said minor 1st world problems

Feb 6, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #3,285 of 7,908

I don't know how quick they are to respond on Facebook (don't use it myself), but you can start by emailing Eric. They are currently closed for Chinese New Year, though. Just keep in mind that Eric is really busy, so you might have to give him another prod if it takes too long for him to respond. They really should give him a PA. :wink:
Mostly Leo II withdrawal symptions right? The others don't come anywhere close to inspire that toe curling neck hair standing level of bliss Leo II does.

Rereading page 2 while on break for the nth time, I agree source synergy is definitely a thing with the Lionheart, its VERY iffy with not just the IEM. Mine was originally SE coming out of the DPX1A and I loved it with Zeus. Then the plug broke and I got a replacement with 2.5. Then it started sounding different, bass was lacking a little omph, treble felt a bit veiled.

Having swapped back from Tri-Copper to Lionheart for the first time since I got the SE100. I'm getting the SE sound but in BAL this time.
When it comes to the Phantom, they are definitely Leo II withdrawal symptoms. :D But I use the other cables as well. So for instance Eros II 8w pairs great with the Rhapsodio Saturn, adding some very useful clarity. Lionheart I often have paired with my Custom Art Ei.3 and that is my go-to pairing for when I travel.

Is there a difference in tonality between the SE and Bal out on the DPX1A? With the Phantom that difference was really noticeable with my AK70, but I did not have any issues with it when I had the VE5 paired with Lionheart. From what I understand the SE100 is not as laid-back as some of the other A&K models, so that might have something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back