Effect Audio cables thread
Jul 21, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #2,356 of 7,925
Had an 8 wire before (not an EA cable though) and the only way I could use them for long periods was when I would run them through the back, with the main wire resting on one of my shoulders to carry the weight.
Reading this makes me wonder if you knew the OS849 you wanted my help with is 8 wire? Too late now :p

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #2,357 of 7,925
Reading this makes me wonder if you knew the OS849 you wanted my help with is 8 wire? Too late now :p

Ha! I did, and am researching shirt clips and heat shrink methods already. You know how it is, I'm ready to have a little discomfort for the perfect musical experience.

Do the Effect Audio 8 wires come with a shirt clip or heat shrink at all?

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #2,358 of 7,925
Ha! I did, and am researching shirt clips and heat shrink methods already. You know how it is, I'm ready to have a little discomfort for the perfect musical experience.

Do the Effect Audio 8 wires come with a shirt clip or heat shrink at all?

Heatshrink, yes. Shirt clips no.

Just check Amazon for a bag of label clips. You can get quite a few for beans.

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #2,359 of 7,925
Janus d is on the way recommended by eric, musicteck, and some headfi members. Wm1a janus d legend x. Pretty excited. Had a hard time sleeping last night. Hopefully will be here saturday.

Very good choice! A MS modded 1a would complete the trifecta!

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #2,361 of 7,925
Sooner or later im going to get it modded. That is unless they release a new model. How long did it take for you to get it back?
It's not a quick process at all. Either have a spare DAP to listen to or have an iem to burn-in while the 1a is gone.

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #2,362 of 7,925
Tuesday and Wednesday we did have a great time having Eric and Pauline @EffectAudio and Nic @flinkenick and me @Adventure and my wife.
Great show in our shop with Effect Audio ...

The second day explore Amsterdam all together ..
IMG_5187S.JPG

We did take a canalboat ..

IMgboatkopie.JPG

The bunch together

IMG_5202kopie.JPG

Hike along the canals and the Red Light District sorry no pictures from that!! :)

IMG_5216S.JPG

Then we drove to the Zaanse Schans, Eric and Pauline wanted to see Dutch Windmills

IMG_5206kopie.JPG

And there they are windmills ... real dutch landscape!!

IMG_5207kopie.JPG

So we did a show off for them ... Zaanse Schans well known for its scenery!

IMG_5211kopie.JPG

Eric, Nic Pauline and Mandy, thanks for two great days !!

Rick

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #2,363 of 7,925
Well, I’ve spent a few hours running through some tracks on my R6, with my new Empire Ears Hermes VIs - using the stock cable with a SE connection. But I must say, in terms of; pure resolution, detail retrieval, layering, and general air in the music: just WOW! These are a genuine step up from my UM PRO 50s - which I always liked. Definitely the serious aural improvement that I was hoping for though.

The one thing I will add is the overall balance of the sound signature feels a little bass-light, and treble forward - I’m guessing it’s mostly an impedance issue? The impedance rating on the Hermes VI is only 17 ohms, I believe. One thing I intend on doing is adding an Effect Audio Ares II 8-wire into the equation. Mainly because I want to get the most out of the R6 using a balanced connection. But I may have to add an iEmatch too...

Anyone with either first-hand experience of this manifestation of a treble-forward signature, or a combination of similar components would be greatly appreciated. Any thoughts?

Jul 26, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #2,364 of 7,925
Well, I’ve spent a few hours running through some tracks on my R6, with my new Empire Ears Hermes VIs - using the stock cable with a SE connection. But I must say, in terms of; pure resolution, detail retrieval, layering, and general air in the music: just WOW! These are a genuine step up from my UM PRO 50s - which I always liked. Definitely the serious aural improvement that I was hoping for though.

The one thing I will add is the overall balance of the sound signature feels a little bass-light, and treble forward - I’m guessing it’s mostly an impedance issue? The impedance rating on the Hermes VI is only 17 ohms, I believe. One thing I intend on doing is adding an Effect Audio Ares II 8-wire into the equation. Mainly because I want to get the most out of the R6 using a balanced connection. But I may have to add an iEmatch too...

Anyone with either first-hand experience of this manifestation of a treble-forward signature, or a combination of similar components would be greatly appreciated. Any thoughts?
I tried the r6 with my spartans, same thing happened. Please use the iematch to get the most out of your r6

Jul 29, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #2,367 of 7,925
I have been researching my next upgrade cables for my A18 for quite sometime now. I have read a ton of reviews and almost every post on these forums looking for some insight. I finally narrowed it down to the Lionheart based on my research, reading reviews, forums posts etc. and pulled the trigger today on the Musictek 399.00 sale price price. It’s a lot of money for upgrade cables, damn this hobby.
I’ll have it next week, I am really looking forward to experiencing EA products, I will post some my impressions once I get the time.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #2,368 of 7,925
I have been researching my next upgrade cables for my A18 for quite sometime now. I have read a ton of reviews and almost every post on these forums looking for some insight. I finally narrowed it to down to the Lionheart based on my research, reading reviews, forums posts etc. and pulled the trigger today on the Musictek 399.00 sale price price. It’s a lot of money for upgrade cables, damn this hobby.
I’ll have it next week, I am really looking forward to experiencing EA products, I will post some my impressions once I get the time.

Janus D synergizes more but cost 3x the Lionheart 4 wire though

Jul 29, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #2,369 of 7,925
I'm looking for a cable upgrade - using a balanced connection, for my Empire Ears Hermes VIs. I'm also using a Hiby R6, which really benefits from a balanced output. So far I've narrowed the cable options down to;

Ares II 8-wire
Lionheart
Thor II Silver

Now these are all perfectly good upgrade options - with their own signatures/emphasis, but I'm looking for the best synergy between; the cable, my IEMs, DAP. Does anyone have any first-hand experience of any of the combos? I'd be really interested to hear anyone's insights.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #2,370 of 7,925
I'm looking for a cable upgrade - using a balanced connection, for my Empire Ears Hermes VIs. I'm also using a Hiby R6, which really benefits from a balanced output. So far I've narrowed the cable options down to;

Ares II 8-wire
Lionheart
Thor II Silver

Now these are all perfectly good upgrade options - with their own signatures/emphasis, but I'm looking for the best synergy between; the cable, my IEMs, DAP. Does anyone have any first-hand experience of any of the combos? I'd be really interested to hear anyone's insights.

Thanks!
Pw audio 1960s if you have the money then goes for 1950s:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back