Effect Audio cables thread
Jul 12, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #2,326 of 7,942
I would like to ask if is the Ares II using the same insulation as the other cables because I have an Ares II+ and the cable is very stiff. The braiding above the Y-Split is already messed up.
I have the Ares II+ and I don’t think is stiff, definitely is not as supple as the regular Ares since it’s a thicker cable.
I bought also a couple of demo cables from a store that showed some used on the plugs but the cables were still in great condition without showing wear or damage.

Jul 12, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #2,327 of 7,942
I think the insulation of the ares II isn’t as flexible as say Leonidas and Horus. Still wouldn’t consider it stiff though. Just that their higher end cables are really supple and soft

Jul 13, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #2,329 of 7,942
I too have noticed Ares Ii being stiffer than the other EA cables I have. I believe it is not the insulation, but the wire itself.

Jul 14, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #2,332 of 7,942
Just received my Janus D. Absolutely beautiful cable and I’m enjoying what I’m hearing so far with my LX from my iPhone. Can’t put it to a real test until my DX200 Ti arrives next week as I sold my regular one today.

Mixed thoughts on the 8 wires though, it may be too thick for me behind the ears. I’ll give it more time :)

Jul 15, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #2,334 of 7,942
Does anyone have any recommendations for a case that'll fit my CIEM LX and the Janus D nicely? The 8 wire is so thick it doesn't fit in my old case very well anymore.

TIA. :)

I carry my LX and 8-Wire Thor in the little EE baggie, which I carry inside a CaseLogic camera case. Not the most secure setup in the world, but not bad, either.

Jul 15, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #2,336 of 7,942
Musicteck has the Lionheart for $100 off right now if anyone is looking to buy one.

My Janus D also arrives tomorrow :)

399 seems like a good price for Lionheart! I was about to get the Thor II but maybe the Lionheart is better for the same price?

Which of these cables do you guys think pairs better w/ a warm IEM? I'm looking for improved transparency and treble extension mainly.

Jul 15, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #2,337 of 7,942
Does anyone have any recommendations for a case that'll fit my CIEM LX and the Janus D nicely? The 8 wire is so thick it doesn't fit in my old case very well anymore.

TIA. :)
I’m using the leather case came with Leonidas. It’s big enough to accommodate Janus D plus 2 pigtail adapters.

Jul 15, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #2,339 of 7,942
I was actually told from Ethan the EE bag is recommended for home use. Maybe I should give that a shot then. Do you have a link to this camera case?

It's not a special product unlike any other. Just any old camera bag/case big enough to carry your gear.

In fact, I just bought a new one, completely different, yet ultimately, servers just as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CHT6CRC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My DAP slips nicely into that thin sub-section, then a few IEMs in little bags or smaller cases can fit into the main space. There's plenty of pockets for SD cards, cables, and ear tips.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back