Eddie Current Zana Deux owners
Apr 6, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #1,756 of 2,605
Correct. My pre-SE has been modified to be like the SE...a switch in the front for 3 ohm or 12 ohm Zout.
So how do you like that? I would love to try different headphones on the Zana. I went w the ad2k because I trust Craig's ears and that's what he liked. I like them too. :) I think they're a work of art.

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #1,757 of 2,605
So how do you like that? I would love to try different headphones on the Zana. I went w the ad2k because I trust Craig's ears and that's what he liked. I like them too.
smily_headphones1.gif
I think they're a work of art.

Craig provided the instructions and parts required to do the mod. I gave them to the tech mod chap to do it for me. I prefer listening out of 3 ohm much more than 12 ohm. With the 12 ohm, my peers felt the bass sounded kinda off. At that time I was still learning and eventually understood what they meant. After the mod, they (& I) liked the results a lot better. Mind you though, I was with the tech a few times back 'n forth his shop & home to try other improvements on the amp so even the 12 ohm now sounds different from the original. It was a little bit of trial and error on trying different resistors in the negative feedback (for the 12 ohm...the 3 ohm mod was straight what Craig instructed).

Apr 6, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #1,758 of 2,605
Craig provided the instructions and parts required to do the mod. I gave them to the tech mod chap to do it for me. I prefer listening out of 3 ohm much more than 12 ohm. With the 12 ohm, my peers felt the bass sounded kinda off. At that time I was still learning and eventually understood what they meant. After the mod, they (& I) liked the results a lot better. Mind you though, I was with the tech a few times back 'n forth his shop & home to try other improvements on the amp so even the 12 ohm now sounds different from the original. It was a little bit of trial and error on trying different resistors in the negative feedback (for the 12 ohm...the 3 ohm mod was straight what Craig instructed).

That's what I like about Craig, he's very democratic about tear the amp open, here's the instructions, see how beautiful it is. I'm pretty sure he invented surround sound so any mod he's got I'd give a spin. )

It took me awhile to unlock the bass on the Zana, but it was worth the wait.

Apr 6, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #1,759 of 2,605
Anyone ordered a Zana recently? I wonder how accurate the info on the site is.
Are they in production right now or are there a few ready to ship as well?

I just sent an order for an all black one by tw way.

Anyone asked for some special modifications or tubes?

Yup, sorry, a load of questions.
I know how the Zana sounds by the way, I had a balanced one before.

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #1,767 of 2,605
Alrighty, ZDSE with blacktop and P&G pot ordered. They are going in production right about now and I'm in for the current run! 
dt880smile.png

I read up a bit on the pots in this thread. Both are linear, yes? The P&G isn't stepped by any chance?
Any further comments on the pots?
Or on the new capacitors?

And I got my hands on a few NOS 6SU7 both clear and black glass from the 40s and 50s.  
wink.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #1,770 of 2,605
  Alrighty, ZDSE with blacktop and P&G pot ordered. They are going in production right about now and I'm in for the current run! 
dt880smile.png

I read up a bit on the pots in this thread. Both are linear, yes? The P&G isn't stepped by any chance?
Any further comments on the pots?
Or on the new capacitors?

And I got my hands on a few NOS 6SU7 both clear and black glass from the 40s and 50s.  
wink.gif

P&G volume pot just feels like luxury. So smooth. Linear. Congrats. Not sure which knob comes these days with the ZDSE but I liked my older ZD with the BA knob on it instead of the round one with ridges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back