EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship | discussion thread
May 15, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #286 of 306
...Well....  today I pulled the trigger.  I took the plunge into the Earworkz Omega's.  I did so for a couple reasons:
1. everything I've read on their (and the similar Legend R) sound quality and signature and comparisons.
    a. Great mids
    b. solid bass
2. Its an American company
3. Jack Vang's tireless, enthusiastic, and highly personable customer service
4. Very competitive price point.

I promised him I would post a review.  I'll be able to compare: PFE 232, FA-4E XB, FX850, ASG2, K3003, IE80, UE900, and Westone UM40, if anybody's interested in those in particular.  

I had a detour with my ear molds because of impacted ear wax; yuck (comes from wearing iem's so much and not taking proper care of myself).  Anyways, I thought I would just include that anecdote because it was so personal and insignificant to those reading this ;-P.  But, still, I can't be the only one!

Anyways, I've selected these after months and months of deliberation and reading.  I'm feeling extremely confident about my choice!

May 16, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #287 of 306
  ...Well....  today I pulled the trigger.  I took the plunge into the Earworkz Omega's.  I did so for a couple reasons:
1. everything I've read on their (and the similar Legend R) sound quality and signature and comparisons.
    a. Great mids
    b. solid bass
2. Its an American company
3. Jack Vang's tireless, enthusiastic, and highly personable customer service
4. Very competitive price point.

I promised him I would post a review.  I'll be able to compare: PFE 232, FA-4E XB, FX850, ASG2, K3003, IE80, UE900, and Westone UM40, if anybody's interested in those in particular.  

I had a detour with my ear molds because of impacted ear wax; yuck (comes from wearing iem's so much and not taking proper care of myself).  Anyways, I thought I would just include that anecdote because it was so personal and insignificant to those reading this ;-P.  But, still, I can't be the only one!

Anyways, I've selected these after months and months of deliberation and reading.  I'm feeling extremely confident about my choice!

Congrats! You're in for a treat. I've also owned the FX850, ASG-2.5, K3003 and the earlier version of the UM40 in the 4r. Without seeming hyperbolic, it combines the best parts of all of those IMO with none of the drawbacks. I have yet to try the Omega, but the bass on that should be quite comparable to the great bass you got from the hybrid IEMs you've owned. I know the regular Legend R is impressive in that regard already, although not in the quantity of the ASG-2.5 or FX850, so the Omega sounds like it'll fit in quite well with your tastes. It also has better detail retrieval but similar treble extension to the K3003 without being nearly as bright. Treble timbre is far superior to the ASG-2 from memory as well. That was one of my main beefs with the Aurisonics is treble never sounded quite right.

May 29, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #288 of 306
I just read Innerfidelity's review of the Legend R and I'm glad to see they found the same things as I reported back in April. Only difference is I get called "disgusting" for it
rolleyes.gif

May 29, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #289 of 306
  I just read Innerfidelity's review of the Legend R and I'm glad to see they found the same things as I reported back in April. Only difference is I get called "disgusting" for it
rolleyes.gif

What happened? Who called you what now? I'm behind the times here....

My review, if anyone is interested. 

Jun 29, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #291 of 306
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and just got my Legend R my first CIEM. Just a noob question. When I look inside the shell I can see 2 drivers going to one bore. Isn't it suppose to be like to 3 outputs to 1 bore and 2 to 1 thanks guys! :)

Jun 30, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #292 of 306
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and just got my Legend R my first CIEM. Just a noob question. When I look inside the shell I can see 2 drivers going to one bore. Isn't it suppose to be like to 3 outputs to 1 bore and 2 to 1 thanks guys! :)

Some of them are duals, the smaller ones. There are 4 drivers going into one of the acoustic bores.

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #294 of 306
Just a quick question, but did anyone else notice a drastic improvement in transparency post the 500hr burn in mark? I've spent the past few weeks doing nothing but burn in my ELR at low volumes using a variety of song genres and noise sweeps. Come 2 weeks later of not touching it, the sheer transparency of the songs suddenly shines right true. I'm hearing details that used to be masked in the forward vocals, and the sub bass regions also became crisper, making electric guitar shreddings a sheer pleasure to listen to as the details seem to pop right out. Even tracks with very, very subtle sub bass are easily distinguishable from everything else if I seek it out, and the other notes have seem to tightened up in its response time leading to a crisper sound that comes across as being very very well articulated. 

One problem tho, is that poorly mastered tracks now sound really bad since nothing is masked. But heys, at least I know what songs to remove from my player now. 

Jul 26, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #296 of 306
long time lurker of this thread as for weeks i have been researching for my first CIEM. Looks like I'll be jumping in to the Legend R bandwagon :) 

Jul 29, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #297 of 306
  long time lurker of this thread as for weeks i have been researching for my first CIEM. Looks like I'll be jumping in to the Legend R bandwagon :) 

You won't regret it....but do be aware that the ELR needs a notorious long burn in time for it to really shine. It WILL sound like crap when you first put it in your ear, to the point that you start questioning why you went custom instead of just running off with the shop's demo unit. But give it a good amt of burn in of around 300+ hrs, and the sheer transparency will send you reeling. I've yet to hear another CIEM with the same amount of details and clarity, well, outside one other CIEM from another maker that had been sent for a specialized burn in treatment. But against a lot of other TOTL customs, in terms of detail resolution and clarity, the ELR takes the cake. 

but heys, I did my burn-in ghetto, so not complaining...

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #298 of 306

You won't regret it....but do be aware that the ELR needs a notorious long burn in time for it to really shine. It WILL sound like crap when you first put it in your ear, to the point that you start questioning why you went custom instead of just running off with the shop's demo unit. But give it a good amt of burn in of around 300+ hrs, and the sheer transparency will send you reeling. I've yet to hear another CIEM with the same amount of details and clarity, well, outside one other CIEM from another maker that had been sent for a specialized burn in treatment. But against a lot of other TOTL customs, in terms of detail resolution and clarity, the ELR takes the cake. 

but heys, I did my burn-in ghetto, so not complaining...

hahaha..thanks for this..ya i was hearing a lot about the burn-in time for this ciem.. this technically my TOTL earphone, and coming from a FAD Heaven VI, I hope this purchase will allow me to discover new things with my music..haha... Now I'm really excited :p 

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #299 of 306
Btw, anyone paired their Legend R with a DX90? I wonder how the pairing goes for this

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #300 of 306
Confirmed by Mr Vang , impressions in and now patiently waiting for LegendO , at least a pair of Flare R2a should up to fill the void for next few weeks , I been 100% daily on 4Rs
past few years , now going with a little variety and hopefully improve listening , as I have many many hours a week with IEM on.
new to me this summer will be,
1. Legend O "1st Custom"
2. Noble savant "U" (as of today ,until legend shows the K10 are my personal DEMO favorite,hopefully this changes)
3. Flare r2a "U" (had to try for price along, 1st day seem fine so far )

I figure It's like havering 2 cars , a work POS/high mileage daily driver and weekend "SUNDAY" car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back