EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread
Dec 19, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #543 of 1,544
I wonder how many backers added to their pledge (must have been a lot). Even if you include the 8 <$30 backers, the average pledge is still over $300 haha

Don't forget that some of us had to add 30$ for shipping.

I tried to buy them last night last minute, using PayPal, by the time I had my card ready it was to late, anyone know if I can still get in for 299?

Jack told me I could add a cable via paypal later so I guess he won't mind if you ask him to buy a supra via email today.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #544 of 1,544
I wonder how many backers added to their pledge (must have been a lot). Even if you include the 8 <$30 backers, the average pledge is still over $300 haha

I added $35 so i can get some extra time to decide if I go custom or not. Or get the Phantom cable. :)

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #548 of 1,544
  Shipping price didn't change since the beginning of this kickstarter, so if you had to pledge $10, it's still $10.
It's just more expensive to send it internationally (to France for my case).

Adding $30 to ship to France is an awesome deal/price!  I have heard of stories (via SCS and SE846 threads) that international shipping was more than that...so much more so that they wouldn't even mention how much more they paid!  But glad that you and the backers are supporting EarWerkz and receiving a great product (the Supra) soon.  What shell/faceplate colors are you requesting?

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #549 of 1,544

Adding $30 to ship to France is an awesome deal/price!  I have heard of stories (via SCS and SE846 threads) that international shipping was more than that...so much more so that they wouldn't even mention how much more they paid!  But glad that you and the backers are supporting EarWerkz and receiving a great product (the Supra) soon.  What shell/faceplate colors are you requesting?

Yeah, I don't mind paying $30 for the Supra, the only sad part is I won't be able to have the full CIEM treatment (doing an ear impression and send it to the USA with good care will cost too much), but I'm still hyped.
But you have to realize that it's not the only shipping cost. Once it will arrive to France/Europe, the VAT has to be paid and in France it cost around 20% of the product price. This is maybe why you don't see many European speaking about the import fees. I can't go into specific but Jack got a plan to help us lower the import cost.

I will probably go for a turquoise shell with clear face plate. Did you order a Supra too or "just" the Legend-R?

e/ It appears that you ordered a Supra too, any idea yet for the shell/faceplate?

Dec 19, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #550 of 1,544
The survey is in your emails gents. Still haven't decided on color... :D

edit: I went for glossy black plates and both shells in smoke. Also decided to stick with universals. For this time.

:)

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #551 of 1,544
Yeah, I don't mind paying $30 for the Supra, the only sad part is I won't be able to have the full CIEM treatment (doing an ear impression and send it to the USA with good care will cost too much), but I'm still hyped.
But you have to realize that it's not the only shipping cost. Once it will arrive to France/Europe, the VAT has to be paid and in France it cost around 20% of the product price. This is maybe why you don't see many European speaking about the import fees. I can't go into specific but Jack got a plan to help us lower the import cost.

I will probably go for a turquoise shell with clear face plate. Did you order a Supra too or "just" the Legend-R?

e/ It appears that you ordered a Supra too, any idea yet for the shell/faceplate?

Yeah, I'm aware of extra fees for international customers, as I've read in other threads, they may pay upwards of $3,000 USD equivalent for a C/IEM that may have originally been priced at ~$1,499 USD equivalent.

You are correct, I backed the Supra. I will not be getting the custom for them though as I want everyone who wants to listen to the Supra to experience an awesome sounding 2 driver IEM. I will be getting a custom Legend R, on the other hand. I want the best for the Legend R, and getting anything other than a custom version of the Legend R is (in my best British sounding voice): uncivilized! :bigsmile_face:

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #553 of 1,544
I've been waiting quite a while for an IEM to come along that I want to upgrade from my UE Tf10's to.  This may very well be it.  
I had been looking hard at the Aurisonics stuff..but decided I didn't want to risk a sound signature that was, by all reports, fairly unusual and one you would either love or hate.

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #554 of 1,544
I tried to buy them last night last minute, using PayPal, by the time I had my card ready it was to late, anyone know if I can still get in for 299?

I wanted the 1964 A12 but couldn't get it due to some credit card issue, and 1964 didn't allow for any plea by me :frowning2:

Check with Jack though, you might be lucky. He's service standards are exemplary.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #555 of 1,544
Yeah, I was thinking about getting the A12's, but the way that the project was ran really threw me off a bit. They didn't really answer anyone's questions, and seemed like they were almost dodging questions that people were asking. With the way it was going, and at $1200 USD, it's quite a bit of money that I just didn't quite trust them with.

The way the 1964's project was run was similar to what I saw in the Aurisonics project, where the project has a promising end product, but you don't know what's going on, and things could change without you knowing. In the end, I would just sum it up in one word, frustrating having a deadline, then having it slowly drift away without having any clue what is going on. The amount of times that we thought we were almost there, only to have to wait another month without response was just terrible.

On the other hand, Jack has been absolutely phenomenal in responding back and forth when I messaged him relatively close to the end of the project, and I feel quite comfortable handing him my hard earned money for a set of customs because of they way he handled the project, and the feedback I was getting from the community here at Head-Fi. There is just the feeling that he is going to do everything he can to make things work, and that if anything still happens, we'll all know about it he'll let us know exactly what he'll be doing to solve the problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back