EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread
Dec 21, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #571 of 1,544
What can I say- you're both right. But both campaigns are now closed, both having succeeded and both having hit all their stretch goals. That's a win-win-win all around, for everyone!

Anyways, I'm content to now sit back, and wait and see. I'm sure the 1296 backers of ADEL and the 133 backers of Supra will have lots of fun with their new toys when they come in :)

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #572 of 1,544
Definelty!! I can't wait to get both the supra and the V8. Hopefully the supra will be soon and I hope my ear impression will reach Jack safely!!

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #573 of 1,544
Definelty!! I can't wait to get both the supra and the V8. Hopefully the supra will be soon and I hope my ear impression will reach Jack safely!!

Interesting. The two IEMs you picked seem to be tuned very differently. Were you getting them to complement each other?

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #574 of 1,544
Yeap! I have been using the shures 535 for the past 5 years then recently the rockets. And I like how they complement each other.

Shures being more intimate and a smaller soundstage while rockets having an obviously bigger and airier sound stage.

For the V8 based on my listen it's darker and more intimate and this is my go to for some of the music I listen to that has a very complicated background with many instruments playing at the same time.

For the supra based on most reviews, it seems like it has a soundstage similar to the rockets which is slightly airier and wider so this will be for those music with lotsa vocals and not too much bass, basically for very clean vocal listens. Plus it's gonna be a custom so should be very nice too.

Exciting times. Very tempted to get the legend R but that will have to wait as I'm sure the V8 and supra will last be probably a few more years haha!

Dec 22, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #575 of 1,544
Yeap! I have been using the shures 535 for the past 5 years then recently the rockets. And I like how they complement each other.

Shures being more intimate and a smaller soundstage while rockets having an obviously bigger and airier sound stage.

For the V8 based on my listen it's darker and more intimate and this is my go to for some of the music I listen to that has a very complicated background with many instruments playing at the same time.

For the supra based on most reviews, it seems like it has a soundstage similar to the rockets which is slightly airier and wider so this will be for those music with lotsa vocals and not too much bass, basically for very clean vocal listens. Plus it's gonna be a custom so should be very nice too.

Exciting times. Very tempted to get the legend R but that will have to wait as I'm sure the V8 and supra will last be probably a few more years haha!

That's a pretty good approach. Try different signatures, see what you like, get used to them, and then slowly make the jump up.

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #576 of 1,544
Hey all! I was initially going to stick with the universal supras, but I'm currently in Taiwan, where the fees of getting ear impressions are significantly cheaper. So I had them done. Can anyone tell if they look alrite? I've never gone the customs path before, and comparing them to other pictures of people's impressions, they seem like they're good but I wanna be sure!

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #577 of 1,544
Hey all! I was initially going to stick with the universal supras, but I'm currently in Taiwan, where the fees of getting ear impressions are significantly cheaper. So I had them done. Can anyone tell if they look alrite? I've never gone the customs path before, and comparing them to other pictures of people's impressions, they seem like they're good but I wanna be sure!

Looks good to me. Can always send them to Earwerkz for confirmation if you're not sure.

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #578 of 1,544
Looks good to me. Can always send them to Earwerkz for confirmation if you're not sure.

Yea plan on doing that. Kickstarter's chat system can't send pictures so I contacted them! Thanks for the thought!

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #579 of 1,544
Did anybody else see the update with all of the cables and BA drivers? I'm getting really excited 
dt880smile.png

Dec 26, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #580 of 1,544
Made me really excited indeed :D Also I decided to go with customs after all. (good christmas ;D ) Still thinking of color...

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #583 of 1,544
And here's the gorillaears legend!

http://gorillaearsshop.theshoppad.com/#/product/at-8

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #585 of 1,544
So they are the same people or what?

Well I always wondered- the Earwerkz fellas said they'd been doing this for a long time... Maybe this is one of the companies they were doing oem for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back