EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread
Dec 5, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #271 of 1,544
Will there be Legend R U (universals) anytime soon? And does the kickstarter amount already include worldwide delivery, does anyone know? $300 is the max I can go without getting slapped with custom fees :)

Last question- is it true the kickstarter backers will get Legend discounts?

EarWerkz insinuated on having additional universal versions of their current lineup, it was their answer in reply when asked for a universal Legend R

The Kickstarter amount does not include shipping. Just sent them a message (contact me button) maybe you can work something out)

EarWerkz insinuated a discount coupon ad a stretch goal

If you want additional info, just check the comment section on their Kickstarter page https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/512959633/earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor/comments

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #272 of 1,544
This is exactly JH'S freqphase. How is this different?

Measurements?

Will there be Legend R U (universals) anytime soon? And does the kickstarter amount already include worldwide delivery, does anyone know? $300 is the max I can go without getting slapped with custom fees :)

EarWerkz insinuated on having additional universal versions of their current lineup, it was their answer in reply when asked for a universal Legend R

The Kickstarter amount does not include shipping. Just sent them a message (contact me button) maybe you can work something out)

EarWerkz insinuated a discount coupon ad a stretch goal

If you want additional info, just check the comment section on their Kickstarter page https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/512959633/earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor/comments

I have permission from Jack to post this, so here are the responses to the quotes/responses above:

""Levanter"
Quote:

Many manufacturer's claim to have phase coherence but we've taken that to a new level with our TRUEPHASE design. We've physically aligned all drivers to be within the same distance/length of each other and have tuned accordingly to truly have all frequencies fire at the same.

I saw that someone mentioned that it's the same thing, it isn't. The FREQPHASE is an actual technology/tune for them as far as I understand whereas TRUEPHASE is actually a design.

The TRUEPHASE design takes phase coherence to the next level by going beyond just the tuning. It's everything from the schematics to the components.  We can't divulge too much information at the moment but early legend r buyers are certainly already experiencing  truephase and are totally blown away by it. 

Let's also look at the wiring and the solder as this all plays a role in how everything is transferred. As you know we now use Litz wiring as well as quad Cardas Eutectic solder, which is far beyond the industry standard 5 strand green and red copper cables and the standard solder.

^The top is the quad cardas euctetic whereas the bottom is what everyone else uses.

Also, we absolutely despise wire clutter. All of our wires are cut exactly to the length that is necessary, for performance and aesthetic purposes, and then wire managed via clear tubing. You will never find an EarWerkz product with dangling crossovers, drivers, and wires.

Also in regards to measurements or charts, we won't be providing them at this moment.

"jelt2359"

^It's 10.00 shipping for domestic and 30.00 shipping for international. 

*moedawg140's statement: If you have questions about shipping internationally, message EarWerkz/Jack directly.*

^All backers will receive a flat percentage discount coupon that'll never expire and will be good for anything on our online store. =D

As far as the Legend R universal goes the backers would be the first to know. It's definitely a possibility depending on the interest. So far all of our customers have fallen head over heels for the custom version and we hope that the clients that are involved with head-fi are going to feel the same way."

With all of this said, the reply from Jack looks fantastic, and I hope that everyone has a great weekend! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #273 of 1,544
Moedawg140, the last I've read up on JH freqphase it's not just on the tuning. But also on the driver placement and tubing length so that the frequencies reaches the end of the tubes at the same time.

btw did Jack mention on the declaration price for shipping overseas? There are some countries where they get hit by customs even at below $150.

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #274 of 1,544
Moedawg140, the last I've read up on JH freqphase it's not just on the tuning. But also on the driver placement and tubing length so that the frequencies reaches the end of the tubes at the same time.

btw did Jack mention on the declaration price for shipping overseas? There are some countries where they get hit by customs even at below $150.

Okay, sounds good.  I myself do not know for certain, hence getting more clarification.  Every IEM company's techniques are probably not fully divulged, so I would not say that any method to create IEMs is ever fully known by the consumer.  Please take that as you will.
beerchug.gif
 (Sprite in my glass)

Regarding the mentioning of declaration price for shipping overseas, please message/email EarWerkz/Jack, and he should be able to help you. 

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #275 of 1,544
The EarWerkz kickstarter campaign looks a lot more promising than the 1964 one, given that they have responded to the customers actively and reviews of the actual product are available. The stretch goals are also more attractive. I would admit that 1964 has a much larger campaign (and customers) to manage though.

Nonetheless, I would like to receive my Supra first, before deciding whether to get myself a Legend R. I hope a universal Legend R would be released soon.

(Edit: typos...)

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #280 of 1,544
I've decided to wait for Legend R U. Too many IEMs to listen to, too little time. My current FOTM is the Phonak 232 I picked up on BF. Wow. Just goes to show that winning the driver arms race isn't necessary the key to great quality sound!

Dec 6, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #281 of 1,544
Given how each of the campaigns have developed, I am almost certainly dropping out of the 1964Adel campaign.

Not saying that the price and product isn't attractive for their lineup. I just have much more confidence in Earwerkz to deliver as per the info and general vibe I've gotten when deciding between the two.

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #282 of 1,544
While it may be premature of me to post this, I'd say this for now.

The Legend R, based on just my priliminary run, is truely an awesome piece of work. Solidly built (perhaps the best I've come across in a while, and I've seen many) and the sound is amazing. This is coming from the JH13 (pre freqphase), Heir Audio 8a and JH Roxanne.

The Legend R compares well and does one .. maybe more , better than those 3 customs I own.

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #283 of 1,544
While it may be premature of me to post this, I'd say this for now.

The Legend R, based on just my priliminary run, is truely an awesome piece of work. Solidly built (perhaps the best I've come across in a while, and I've seen many) and the sound is amazing. This is coming from the JH13 (pre freqphase), Heir Audio 8a and JH Roxanne.

The Legend R compares well and does one .. maybe more , better than those 3 customs I own.

Thank you for your impressions. Definitely excited that much more from all of the praise it is getting. I have listened to a good portion of current TOTL IEMs, like the JH13FP, JH16FP, Roxanne (SE and AK Balanced), UERM, UE18Pro, K10, and others. Can't wait to hear how the Legend R stacks up against or over the others.

Dec 6, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #284 of 1,544
Thank you for your impressions. Definitely excited that much more from all of the praise it is getting. I have listened to a good portion of current TOTL IEMs, like the JH13FP, JH16fP, Roxanne (SE and AK Balanced), UERM, UE18Pro, K10, and others. Can't wait to hear how the Legend R stacks up or over the others.

Which is your favourite so far? Apart from the 846, of course :)

Dec 6, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #285 of 1,544
Which is your favourite so far? Apart from the 846, of course :)

Sent you a PM. If you have any more questions regarding impressions of any of them (or more that I mentioned earlier on your SE846 thread), please feel free to PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back