EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread
Dec 3, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #256 of 1,544
Thank you!  I knew that I was more than likely going to purchase the Legend R once I demoed it, but the Supra is a very capable IEM, on its own right.  I was hesitant to purchase a UIEM, because I have always had fit issues (mainly because of my cauliflower ear), but it's good to know that the UIEM design is CIEM-like, and should fit without any issues.  I am definitely excited regarding both products.

Don't believe You make purchases too often, Moe. Lol I'm really hoping they hit their stretch goal. I want those cables dammit!

Dec 4, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #257 of 1,544
Don't believe You make purchases too often, Moe. Lol I'm really hoping they hit their stretch goal. I want those cables dammit!

You are unequivocally correct, Dinerenblanc!  This is the first item that I have purchased since you joined Head-Fi, and since I joined, I purchased a custom cable and the custom sleeves for the SE846, and that was it!  Well, I purchased a plethora of iOS music playback apps, but I don't really count those.  

I do not have the same Head-Fi purchasing itch like I do my G-Shocks (over 40 now), as I make sure to research and research some more, and then purchase based on my heart if I can not demo said device/cable/custom sleeves/etc.  So far, I have had superb results with the companies that I have purchased from.  It helps that they all have years of experience in the audio industry, so it isn't like these are fly-by-night companies.

You have made great purchases as well, as you have Ted's Silver Litz and are getting the custom sleeves yourself - bravo! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #260 of 1,544
  Impressions mailed.. invoice paid.. can't wait to hear the Legend-R !

Nice!  What shell/faceplate colors did you choose?  Black or silver cable?

Oh yeah, same questions to you, Cotnijoe?

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #262 of 1,544
Okay, who wants to back Project Supra for the $259 price slot? I've decided to back out of it in favour of just saving up money for the UERM instead. Nothing against EarWerkz themselves, I fully support what they're doing with Project Supra. Just that for financial reasons, I think it's better if I just save my money.

PM me if you're interested and we can arrange a time for me to unpledge from the Kickstarter campaign, and you can pledge back.
Spot has been taken by someone else.

Dec 5, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #263 of 1,544

Nice!  What shell/faceplate colors did you choose?  Black or silver cable?

Orange shell, clear faceplates, titanium/silver cable.. same looks as the JH13 FP I used to have.

Awesome. Please post your impressions once you get a chance to listen to em. 
biggrin.gif

I certainly will.. per Jack Vang/Earwerkz, the Legend-R is tuned to be pretty neutral monitor, so the UERM will have some good competition.

Dec 5, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #264 of 1,544
Orange shell, clear faceplates, titanium/silver cable.. same looks as the JH13 FP I used to have.

I certainly will.. per Jack Vang/Earwerkz, the Legend-R is tuned to be pretty neutral monitor, so the UERM will have some good competition.

It'll be nice to see photos of your finished product, and impressions of your Legend R will be great as well.

No knock on the UERM at all, but I'm looking at the sky's the limit regarding the Legend R. It will be icing on the cake if it is even more coherent than the current TOTL IEMs that I have listened to, including the JH13FP and K10.

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #265 of 1,544
Pardon me for hijacking Jack yesterday for a couple of hours for some queries about Legend R over the email. IMO a patient guy with a positive mindset on the journey that he intent to embark in making Legend R one of the best sounding CIEM out there. He won me over, and I finally made the payment yesterday. Did my impression earlier and ready to have it shipped out on Monday. In fact we have been corresponding since last month about Legend sound signature.

Nice done impression:

And with permission from Jack, one of our conversation which is quite similar to the one posted by SGS:

John,

The Legend that SGS used is outdated compared to the R. He doesn't have his review out yet but he's blown away by the R.

A man never goes back on his word and even though it's technically a different model I want to maintain a good relationship with everyone and especially those who were interested in the beginning.

You can absolutely post that reply on Head-Fi. If you'd like to proceed please let me know and I would gladly create the coupon for you.

Cheers,
Jack

Sorry for the late reply! There are a lot of changes going on here at the EarWerkz lab! Onto your inquiry. The Legend R's have undergone major revisions. Many manufacturer's claim to have phase coherence but we've taken that to a new level with our TRUEPHASE design. We've physically aligned all drivers to be within the same distance/length of each other and have tuned accordingly to truly have all frequencies fire at the same.

On top of this we've swapped out a few drivers, crossovers, and components to produce an even wider soundstage and fuller sound. Internally we've ditched the industry standard basic 5 strand, Red & Green copper wires. All of our CIEM now use the Estron Litz wires that boast 6 litz conductors made up of 7 individual strands that helps prevent acoustic feedback and are made from silver plated copper.

It's a total detail retrieving monster and we plan on challenging those "TOTL" (top of the line) list on Innerfidelity in early 2015.

Cheers,
Jack

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #266 of 1,544
Many manufacturer's claim to have phase coherence but we've taken that to a new level with our TRUEPHASE design. We've physically aligned all drivers to be within the same distance/length of each other and have tuned accordingly to truly have all frequencies fire at the same.

This is exactly JH'S freqphase. How is this different?

Dec 5, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #268 of 1,544
Many manufacturer's claim to have phase coherence but we've taken that to a new level with our TRUEPHASE design. We've physically aligned all drivers to be within the same distance/length of each other and have tuned accordingly to truly have all frequencies fire at the same.

Measurements?

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #269 of 1,544
Will there be Legend R U (universals) anytime soon? And does the kickstarter amount already include worldwide delivery, does anyone know? $300 is the max I can go without getting slapped with custom fees :)

Last question- is it true the kickstarter backers will get Legend discounts?

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #270 of 1,544
  Will there be Legend R U (universals) anytime soon? And does the kickstarter amount already include worldwide delivery, does anyone know? $300 is the max I can go without getting slapped with custom fees :)

We should all be so lucky - $19 is the max for me and after that I get slapped with 20% tax + additional customs fees 
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back