Earsonics
Mar 23, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #61 of 72
Well, nothing is more fun than finding out
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #62 of 72
Well, I don't want to be rude, but it is what I call "ears awakening".
It is simply that you not used to have this kind of harmonics through your IEM.
It takes time to fully appreciate.

I had the same when I switched from ES3x.

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #63 of 72
It's not rude. I very much enjoy the EM3-pro; Earsonics obviously work on getting a very neutral FR out of their earphones. But you will have to realise that ear awakening can exist for many different sounds.

I own many many earphones - many. And I've heard 'the most neutral according to the ear' in the world and some of the most unnatural earphones and liked each according to its own domain.

I also like the EM3-pro very much. I am not used to a neutral iem with as relaxed of treble, if that is what you mean; usually there is some sort of spike somewhere even if it exists in a declining roll off.

I won't argue which type is better or worse; I know ETY and many engineers would argue that the ear, which attenuates that signal, needs it to be accentuated in order for a perfect 0 decibel neutrality to exist, but who knows who is right.

It is an excellent earphone.

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #64 of 72
Well, the SM3 is fully excellent, certainly one of the best if not the best high end professional monitor. My EM3-Pro went back as the cable had an issue. Franck is excellent to deal with - his service and availability is what puts him really at favour in my books.

The SM3 and EM3-pro both are quite neutral, excellent monitoring machines and each are excellent though because of the cable issue, I've spent a lot more time with the SM3. Simply addictive. Smooth, yet deep and while not exciting, a well-balanced earphone like the UM3x which is definitely there to fit nearly any music.

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #65 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the SM3 is fully excellent, certainly one of the best if not the best high end professional monitor. My EM3-Pro went back as the cable had an issue. Franck is excellent to deal with - his service and availability is what puts him really at favour in my books.

The SM3 and EM3-pro both are quite neutral, excellent monitoring machines and each are excellent though because of the cable issue, I've spent a lot more time with the SM3. Simply addictive. Smooth, yet deep and while not exciting, a well-balanced earphone like the UM3x which is definitely there to fit nearly any music.

Nice to hear! although I expected it... What would be the major sq differences from the sm2dlx to the sm3? My wife is asking me for a universal, and of all the ones I have heard, the sm2 was my favorite bar-none. I am really interested to know more about your thoughts on them,

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #67 of 72
Just to add to this thread: I am not sure yet about the dynamics of the SM3 in terms of 'soundstage', but everything else is quite.... spot on. They are linear and truly incredible with great control.

They are also pretty well driven even without an amp, possibly to the most incremental of advantages. Obviously, they weren't just designed, but engineered to sound the same or as close as possible to the same from any source.

The only problem I have with earphones like this and the UM3x is the build which belie their price... nothing over 300$ should have tiny plastic sound tubes or plastic shells, especially for stage use where things get tugged and destroyed pretty quickly. Of course, it is a market dominated by one or two companies who both use cheap plastic bodies, so... it isn't anything but a shame; it's just sad that cheap is the status quo.

Sep 14, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #70 of 72
I know there's a 15% discount off Earsonics em3pro & em2pro (price without vat) till end of September 2011 according to Mr Franck Lopez..
I'm really keen, but the offer requires 5 buyers.....
I'm sad I can't get the offer... can't find partners to buy with

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #72 of 72
Can anyone compare the JH5PRO to the Earsonics EM2-iFI ?
I was about to order the JH5 but then I found out about Earsonics in Montpellier and being in europe this might be much easier in case i need a refit etc
Couldn't find anything on the boards :frowning2:
thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back