Earsonics
Mar 22, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #49 of 72
Well, the EM3 Pro is a very nicely built earphone. It is solid rather than hollow, making it safer for the inner ear (in case of breakage) and against droppage. I still don't like the use of thin connecting pins, but it is pretty much the norm. In acrylic build quality, Earsonics are certainly one of the better producers, but I would put the connection quality of Sleek Audio and FitEar ahead.

In fact, FitEar are probably the best of the non-swivelable custom earphones and best overall because of the connector quality which isn't easy to short.

But, the EM3Pro is pretty damn amazing.

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #50 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But, the EM3Pro is pretty damn amazing.

EM2Pro is as good, some prefer the EM2Pro because of a greater neutrality and cleaner bass.

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #51 of 72
That is what I've been told. Still, if I was to shoot for that kind of sound, I would've ordered the JH13-Pro
smily_headphones1.gif

PS: It would be interesting if someone can compare the EM2-pro with the JH13-pro. 2 vs 6!!!

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #52 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is what I've been told. Still, if I was to shoot for that kind of sound, I would've ordered the JH13-Pro
smily_headphones1.gif

PS: It would be interesting if someone can compare the EM2-pro with the JH13-pro. 2 vs 6!!!

I actually have been tempted to order the EM2pros.... but I already have the jh13's which do good as monitors, sadly, since the EM3pro's arrived, I have only used them twice and for a short time!!! and to tell you the truth, Im considering to sell them, I dont think about JH anymore
frown.gif

The EM3pros are the most addictive set of cans/iems I have ever had.

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #54 of 72
Very nice pair @shigzeo! Waiting for more impressions.

Earsonics' housesound = neutral if a little lacklustre in the top end? SM2 and SM3 seems to be sharing the same traits too
regular_smile .gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #56 of 72
@shigzeo, Im not asking you to believe in burn-in, but I really noticed a significant change after ~200hrs. You should wait a bit, they get better and better. Also I found that the Rx has a very good synergy, oh, and if you can, try the TWag.
What puzzles me is that the case you have is completely different from the one I received them in, actually, my case is really nice, not air/water tight as a pelican but very nice and light.

btw, you should correct your post from sm3 to em3.... congrats on the em3pro's, when did you receive them?

Also, why not include your early impressions on this forum?

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #57 of 72
I have included my early impressions here and there. There isn't much change at all between them, maybe just a few more syllables is all.

I got them a week ago and wonder what is up with the case... what does yours look like? This is really really cheap! I won't be buying a TWAG - I am not into that sort of upgrade at all - if I do anything, it will be done by myself or by colleagues whom I know, trust and whose work I can dictate. I have no need for fancy connectors or bling, I just want quality build and I've not seen that in any 3rd-party cable yet.

I may have to buy another cable though as my unit keeps shorting out on the right side. I'll check to make sure it is the cable; if not, then my unit goes back to get fixed as it cuts in and out.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #58 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

EM2 vs JH is quite simple : I owned both (ES2 and ES3x as well)

EM2 is for some "earsonic fans" the best IEM available on the market.
Well it is difficult to describe, but, the difference is clearly the high and the high meds.
Clean, detailled, defined, warm, profound...
The EM2 pro is the closest definition of "monitor sound".
The EM3 pro is brining more bass, thus a better overall presentation but it is very sensitive to default.

Both would require an amp to get the best out of them, but still today, I prefer the EM2Pro over the EM3Pro, but the difference between the two is a strict matter of taste.

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #59 of 72
The Sensaphonics 2X-s is a dual driver iem and is one of my favourite of all time customs, the FitEar 333 being my favourite. But the EM3-pro I wouldn't call bassy or big; it is smooth and clean and very very refreshing in a strict manner. It is very linear as far as I can tell. I do wish its treble would flare up a bit, like it's being attenuated. It could be that my cable is acting up and shorting part of the signal.

I'll get that looked at.

Mar 23, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #60 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do wish its treble would flare up a bit, like it's being attenuated.

This was exactly my perception at the beginning, but suddenly at around the 200hr mark the treble blossomed to perfection.... Im curious to know if this will also happen to you....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back