EarSonics' two flagships: the universal S-EM9, and new custom EM10.
Dec 10, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #331 of 1,260
  You right, it's hard to adjust going from deep fit of W60s to shallow fit of S-EM9s. I will try the spin fits again later. To bad Star tips don't fit.

The Spin Fits are a bit tricky to set in, but when you do they have no match for isolation and comfort is really good.
I have been meaning to give a try at the Spiral Dots too, from Velvet owners feedback it's a good fit.

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #333 of 1,260
I like them, but they shy on bass.

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #334 of 1,260
@ FidelityCastro thanks buddy :)

@bakieryigit humm i might go take a look on this cable. Looks beautiful anyway.

Hey, have you checked earsonics facebook page? They put some of your pics as well as one that i post on my own wall :)

Technical question, how does a cable affect the sound? I mean in what proportion. I am not an expert on that area so i would prefer ask rather than just bough without -almost- no clue on the impact on the quality sound(signature?).

I am trying to get the "best" set up to get the best out of these TOTL iem...

Dec 11, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #335 of 1,260
Am I the only one who like the Earsonics tips?

What I don't like about them, other than they're too small and can't get a fit, is how hard and unpleasant the silicon feels like...

Some more listening feedback, after hours enjoying Mojo + S-EM9 : they really do well with Jazz and Blues, the speed an precision make for nice attacks and high hats indeed and imaging makes it a very pleasing listening experience. Although as pointed out by @flinkenick some IEMs are more apt at male vocals but even so, it's still very good. Again the lower mid dip is much less apparent with the Mojo than ZX2 for me.

Dec 11, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #337 of 1,260
  Its nine drivers, but they are still using small stem/nozzle?

No it's not small like the SM3 or SM64, it on par with the Velvet size around 4.5mm and has three channel cannula.

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #340 of 1,260
Am I the only one who like the Earsonics tips?

Concerning the tips; I tried other tips but found they always affected the sound negatively. They are hard in the beginning, but soften up after a couple of days. 

For my ears they give the best seal, and by far the best bass response. But I think my ears must be smaller than David's and Vlad's. Although I find it a bit surprising that David gets a good seal with spinfits and not with the biflanges then.. 

But I can't argue that they are not the most comfortable.. It's a price I am willing to pay (but if they release them as customs I will certainly jump ship 
biggrin.gif
).

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #341 of 1,260
Damn UPS had it on the van but did not deliver. Not happy. Want my new precious.

I hate deliveries, this happens so often, sometimes they don't even ring you if they're on a schedule... sigh, I feel for you!

For my ears they give the best seal, and by far the best bass response. But I think my ears must be smaller than David's and Vlad's. Although I find it a bit surprising that David gets a good seal with spinfits and not with the biflanges then.. 

I'll try them again but they're just not wide enough to do the job, I used XL Star Tips and using the biggest Spin Fits.

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #342 of 1,260
I understand buddy, if they are not big enough you will not get a proper seal which is imperative. But the material of my spinfits is very flimsy so it feels loose and I lose the fullness. But it could be that the ones I have are simply not good, because they are a lot softer than any tip I've had.

Dec 11, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #344 of 1,260
S-EM9 is better in every way. 

Lol I'm kidding, but I think they are very different. The K10 is somewhat similar to the Solar, and will have a more midforward signature with slightly laidback treble compared to the S-EM9 which is clearly more U-shaped with forward treble and pushed back mids. They would be complimentary as they are very different. K10 will have stronger mids, but S-EM9 will have better treble and imaging.

That being said, I have never heard the K10 myself but owned its half brother the 8.A and they share a lot of similarities from what I've heard. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back