EarSonics' two flagships: the universal S-EM9, and new custom EM10.
Dec 8, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #301 of 1,260
Ordered a Therium (silver) with 2.5mm TRRS termination. Then have their hyper short adapters from 2.5mm to 4 pin balanced & 3.5mm single & 6.5mm single. Using Hugo / WA7 / Liquid Carbon (new).

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #302 of 1,260
Got my tracking number! @davidmolliere Will run them balanced once Norne ships the cable.

Ordered a Therium (silver) with 2.5mm TRRS termination. Then have their hyper short adapters from 2.5mm to 4 pin balanced & 3.5mm single & 6.5mm single. Using Hugo / WA7 / Liquid Carbon (new).

Great, you're set up for an amazing experience I guess, wow!

Afer a few more hours with the Chord I am just totally in love with the S-EM9 / Mojo combo and believe it or not, it kind of makes me think again about that freq graph Earsonics has posted and that startled us... it might not be so far off with the Mojo! I guess Hugo being the big brother of sorts it will be even better :)

As the unit burns in I am in awe of the soundstage and imaging, a very holographic experience. I simply can't put them down and it's 3 am now... I feel like I have stepped into a different realm of listening experience, the Mojo is simply in another league than all my previous gear PHA-3, ZX2, etc and for a lesser price no less. I have always heard praise about Hugo but promised myself never to spend that kind of money for a DAC/amp. So far every upgrade I have made was incremental although sometimes a nice step up. This time with S-EM9 and Mojo it's not incremental at all, it's just a different plane of experience, like going from mono to stereo... wow!

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #303 of 1,260
My S-em9 just arrived , I will add some pictures later guys..

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #304 of 1,260
Can we say S-EM9's upper mid is more prominent than Velvet's?

If that so, I wonder whether the hihats hurt my ears when I listen to speed metal or thrash metal. 

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #305 of 1,260
Dec 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #306 of 1,260

If that so, I wonder whether the hihats hurt my ears when I listen to speed metal or thrash metal. 

The S-EM9 upper mids are alike to the Velvet in warm mode, I would say more or not by much.
I don't think they would hurt your ears, I have not tried speed metal or thrash metal I am into softer metal which is fine with the S-EM9.
Those babies are smoother than the Velvet and non fatiguing.

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #307 of 1,260
  My S-em9 just arrived , I will add some pictures later guys..

That's great buddy looking forward to your impressions.

Hi hats are slightly prominent, but the treble is very controlled and smooth. It is present in a good way, not in a splashy or uncontrolled way with peaks. I think the treble, and the S-EM9 in general, is technically outstanding. I am very glad to be listening to it again now that the Zeus review is finished.

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #309 of 1,260
My pair is in my hands too. Didn't open the package yet. Will do tonight.

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #310 of 1,260
That's great guys looking forward to your impressions. Especially vladzakhar.. hope you share my thoughts concerning EDM 
L3000.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #311 of 1,260
My literal first impressions: oh wow.  Treble is great, compared to the sem6  far more present but not harsh at all, which I am susceptible to - I hated the Se846 for this reason.  Out of the mojo the sound staging/layering is very very good.  They seem well balanced, a little tipped down as per the house style, but in a good way.

More to follow (if I find anything semi-orginal to say)

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #312 of 1,260
  s-em9 are in the house!

Looks like you were in the same shipment guys !

My pair is in my hands too. Didn't open the package yet. Will do tonight.

I admire the patience!

My literal first impressions: oh wow.  Treble is great, compared to the sem6  far more present but not harsh at all, which I am susceptible to - I hated the Se846 for this reason.  Out of the mojo the sound staging/layering is very very good.  They seem well balanced, a little tipped down as per the house style, but in a good way.

More to follow (if I find anything semi-orginal to say)

Great :)

From memory of the S-EM6, transparency and clarity are way ahead with the S-EM9, that must be a big change. But then again I had never listened to the S-EM6 with something as amazing as the Mojo :p

This is going to be a bigger jump than from the Velvet as the sound sig are quite different although the house sound is definitely present.

Hi hats are slightly prominent, but the treble is very controlled and smooth. It is present in a good way, not in a splashy or uncontrolled way with peaks. I think the treble, and the S-EM9 in general, is technically outstanding. I am very glad to be listening to it again now that the Zeus review is finished.

Next is the S-EM9 review :wink: ?
Can't wait to read that!

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #314 of 1,260
Yes much as I enjoyed the sem6 and it was right for me at the time, this is in a totally (TOTLy) different league

Absolutely even if the S-EM6 pricing and target was Earsonics universal TOTL at the time like the SE846 for Shure before the KSE1500... TOTL universal are shifting towards and even beyond CIEM territory...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back