EarSonics' two flagships: the universal S-EM9, and new custom EM10.
Dec 9, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #316 of 1,260
Lol, just looked at the S-EM9 and see that the stripes David mentioned are really obvious. Can't believe I didn't see them before 
rolleyes.gif

And I can't believe I took the bass driver's edges for scratches :p

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #317 of 1,260
flinkenick I am completely agree with you , we can call S-em9  --->>  Super Velvet.

Firs impression ; S-em9  very fast, metal music perfect with this speed. Rock and Edm also perfect. Acually allround iem S-em9 .

Treble very clear and little forward than velvet. Bass  ; when I think velvet between balanced and warm mode and better. You get tons of sub-bass and good texture, mids are liquid smooth while still being very detailed also little forward , Sem-9 and velvet share same DNA  like you said before. İphone 6 plus + S-em9  perfect match and easy to drive , mostly opened sound  55-60 /100.

I highly recommend very impressed , definitely total iem. Tuning awesome :) , I always like Earsonics house sound but this is another level.

I have to burn-in :) only listened 2 hours for now. By the way perfect fit for my ear like ciem.

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #318 of 1,260
  Lol, just looked at the S-EM9 and see that the stripes David mentioned are really obvious. Can't believe I didn't see them before 
rolleyes.gif

You can't feel it with your fingernail? They are inside the acrylic? I'd like to see a clearer photo - lol.

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #319 of 1,260
  flinkenick I am completely agree with you , we can call S-em9  --->>  Super Velvet.

Firs impression ; S-em9  very fast, metal music perfect with this speed. Rock and Edm also perfect. Acually allround iem S-em9 .

Treble very clear and little forward than velvet. Bass  ; when I think velvet between balanced and warm mode and better. You get tons of sub-bass and good texture, mids are liquid smooth while still being very detailed also little forward , Sem-9 and velvet share same DNA  like you said before. İphone 6 plus + S-em9  perfect match and easy to drive , mostly opened sound  55-60 /100.

I highly recommend very impressed , definitely total iem. Tuning awesome :) , I always like Earsonics house sound but this is another level.

I have to burn-in :) only listened 2 hours for now. By the way perfect fit for my ear like ciem.

Great impressions buddy, I've been listening to the S-EM9 tonight and its sense of speed is really something special. 

You can't feel it with your fingernail? They are inside the acrylic? I'd like to see a clearer photo - lol.

David posted them here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/779604/earsonics-new-9-ba-driver-flagship-the-s-em9/240#post_12129003

It's just the bass driver inside the shell against the side, you can't feel it 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #320 of 1,260
Hey guys,

I am a lucky owner of the S-EM9 ! Since i am reading for quite a while now i have decided to join the community :)

@bakieryigit which cable is that on your last picture?

Talking about cable which would you recommend the most for the s em9? I actually using an ipod as mp3 but looking to get the Cowon Plenue 1 quite soon !

I will post my thoughts on S EM9 after more experience (i also own the velvet) but i was really happy because i had my "wow effect" for my first listening on those babies ! Very deep bass -and especially extremely punchy !- smooth trebles that define the rythm perfectly and a soundstage as you all said quite intimate.

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #321 of 1,260
Hey guys,

I am a lucky owner of the S-EM9 ! Since i am reading for quite a while now i have decided to join the community :)

Talking about cable which would you recommend the most for the s em9? I actually using an ipod as mp3 but looking to get the Cowon Plenue 1 quite soon !

I will post my thoughts on S EM9 after more experience (i also own the velvet) but i was really happy because i had my "wow effect" for my first listening on those babies ! Very deep bass -and especially extremely punchy !- smooth trebles that define the rythm perfectly and a soundstage as you all said quite intimate.

Welcome, @bouyouhou.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #322 of 1,260
Hey guys,

I am a lucky owner of the S-EM9 ! Since i am reading for quite a while now i have decided to join the community
smily_headphones1.gif

First impression with stock cable not added impression this great cable , My added last cable name is : "Audiominor silver/gold litz mmcx"    this cable better than whiplash twag v3 litz 4 conductor , also I am using with velvet same 2 pin version , I recommend great cable , Founder that cable Boğaç Tekman and  website: http://www.audiominor.com/  if you connect with him from there with messege , he will return to you. Cable reach me same day :) , also I have same cable for Hifiman he-6 , sound at least improved 25% wow . 

I have Ipod 5-6 touch both enough for sem-9 , you can use with 75-80/100 volume range :wink: , S-em9 little easy to drive than velvet. 

Here the some pictures from cable (for Earsonics s-em9, velvet and  Hifiman he-6)

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #323 of 1,260
First sound impressions straight out of Latoo Paw Gold. Great resolution, very airy and detailed, sound stage is rather deep then wide, very well controlled bass with good extension, but definitely not the "bass head" kind of bass. Forward mids, very detailed. Female vocals sound great. Highs are very well extended and not fatiguing.
Isolation is good with stock tips. W60s isolate better. Comfort can be troublesome for some people, because the units are big and angular. But if they fit you, they are very comfy.

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #324 of 1,260
Quote:
  Comfort can be troublesome for some people, because the units are big and angular. But if they fit you, they are very comfy.

I'd agree that the outer part of the shell has some edges but the inner that touches the ear is all curves contrary to the Velvet comfort (for me) is on the high side. Also acrylic is more comfortable than the plastic of the Velvet. Morphology definitely comes into play, for me their "contact shape" as they call it is a perfect fit. Of course YMMV.

Not sure the S-EM9 are big by TOTL standards, compared to something like JH Angie. 

Dec 10, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #325 of 1,260
I just compare the size of W60 shell and S-EM9 shell, and the latest is somewhat bigger. And W60 fits me perfectly. S-EM9 fits me, but not as good as W60.

Dec 10, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #326 of 1,260
  I just compare the size of W60 shell and S-EM9 shell, and the latest is somewhat bigger. And W60 fits me perfectly. S-EM9 fits me, but not as good as W60.

Yes you're right, this being said I would place the W60 on the same plane as the SE846 who are also smaller, when I mentioned TOTL I was thinking the new horde of > 1K and 8+ drivers IEMs that have flourished of late :) The W60 are on a small size for a 6 driver, those must be small!

Isolation I would say depend largely on tips and the native Earsonics tips suck IMHO

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #327 of 1,260

Yes you're right, this being said I would place the W60 on the same plane as the SE846 who are also smaller, when I mentioned TOTL I was thinking the new horde of > 1K and 8+ drivers IEMs that have flourished of late :) The W60 are on a small size for a 6 driver, those must be small!

Isolation I would say depend largely on tips and the native Earsonics tips suck IMHO

What tips are you using? I tried spin fits and didn't like it. The tip needs to be long, cause the bore is to short.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #328 of 1,260
Here is my setup: Latoo Paw Gold - Linum Bax Ultra thin cable - S-EM9s.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #329 of 1,260
What tips are you using? I tried spin fits and didn't like it. The tip needs to be long, cause the bore is to short.

I use Spin Fits larger size, too short depends on morphology, for me it's perfect. Sony Hybrids also work also isolation is not as good.
It may be that you're used to Westone Star tips of the W60 which go much deeper I used those with the SE846.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #330 of 1,260
You right, it's hard to adjust going from deep fit of W60s to shallow fit of S-EM9s. I will try the spin fits again later. To bad Star tips don't fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back