EarSonics' two flagships: the universal S-EM9, and new custom EM10.
Dec 7, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #286 of 1,260
  @davidmolliere  my friend used to both of them (Zx2 and mojo) only 1 thing better with zx2 soundstage , soundstage wider than mojo.  
Mojo better other everything. He is selling Zx2 now..  you may want to know that.

Thanks for the feedback, surprised about soundstage I would have guessed otherwise, I got a bit more on this here.

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #287 of 1,260
@TokenGesture 
@DocD 

Do you guys have news on your orders? 
I hope you get served quickly!

I look forward to more first impressions, I know BAs are not suppose to burn in but I am going through a change in perception of the S-EM9 maybe just my brain getting confused by the extra layers and details that those babies provide :) Or maybe I have done to much listening :p 

I noticed ear fatigue can screw your head quite a bit. Sometimes I am frustrated by the S-EM9 (can't put my finger on it) and every time I have a long break when I put them on again it's pure bliss... Didn't have that with the Velvet.

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #291 of 1,260
  My review of the Zeus, with comparisons to the S-EM9, AR6 and Solar:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/empire-ears-zeus/reviews/14716

Beautifully written and engaging review!

I'd love to audition the Zeus and Solar, I'll check meetups in Paris...

Just one note in the conclusion Zeus vs S-EM9 you wrote Velvet instead of S-EM9 :wink:
"Zeus and S-EM9 are both outstanding flagships, with nothing in common other than that fact. The Velvet is U-shaped, bringing the upper midrange and treble to the foreground, while having a great sense of speed and rhythm."

Love the metaphor :)
"The S-EM9 is the vigorous teenager, Zeus the authoritative father figure."

No word yet...
Sem6+mojo+Lana del Rey making the wait a little more bearable as I type ...

I feel the frustration... you should ping them, they are friendly!

Chord Mojo is damn tempting... arh!

No word this side either. Have a new Cavalli Liquid Carbon to distract me...

Nice amp :) 
You'll be running the S-EM9 balanced?

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #292 of 1,260
Where the people bought yours S-EM9?

Directly from Earsonics, right now they're out of stock until early january maybe you can find stock elsewhere but not that many vendor have it...

Just a heads up. Just saw that. Musicteck has the sem9 available and at 5% off with free shipping. Not exactly the deal of the century but hey

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #293 of 1,260

I feel the frustration... you should ping them, they are friendly!

Chord Mojo is damn tempting... arh!

Shipping today! 
gs1000.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #296 of 1,260
Shipping today! :gs1000smile:

Picking mine right now :)

Edit : thought you were talking about MOJO, you mean your S-EM9 :)

We can compare impressions on MOJO + S-EM9!

Dec 8, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #298 of 1,260

I just plugged the S-EM9 on the Mojo and... it's a very different experience with the Mojo. I need to spend some time with various genre, first conclusion is that the ZX2 was coloring things quite a bit more than I would have thought (and that's with sound adjustment turned off as in no sound enhancement whatsoever). As much as I love the ZX2's organic sound, I think it affects the frequency graph in a way that is not the best synergy with the S-EM9. 

Very early impressions right of the bat with the Mojo, much more energy as pointed out by @flinkenick, I think dynamic range on the Mojo is significantly superior to the ZX2 and I now get fully @flinkenick's review and the "god of energy". The lower mids dip is less apparent (probably the ZX2 has a dip of its own...) there is more body to the lower mids which is very pleasing. Bass are more impactful and defined. Treble is more defined and extended yet supremely delicate. All this makes for a more balanced presentation, I guess the S-EM9 does scale with better sources which was to be expected from a TOTL IEM.

Edit : Spent more time with the Mojo, it's not even burnt in yet but this DAC/amp is something really special that makes the S-EM9 shine up to my expectations and beyond, the mid range is much more balanced and vocal benefit from it greatly. Blues sounds amazing now, and Jazz even better!

Also, no matter what track or genre I throw at it (with the exception of classical which is good but not the S-EM9 forte), everything is consistent as in I don't feel like the S-EM9 are Jekyll and Hyde like I did these past few days with the ZX2 and that's with the stock cable still room for some extra goodness :) Too bad I'll have to send back the Whiplash (currently stuck in customs...) to be re-terminated with a regular 3.5 plug now as I don't see any way back from the Mojo to the ZX2, it's that good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back