Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
Nov 15, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #1,351 of 1,656
Okay, so firstly I have hit an aw struck moment with the SM64/DX90 combination last night and I wanted to share my experience as it has kind of left me awe-struck. 

The track is a indie-folk song from one of my favorite ep's around in the genre, the Woman King ep from Iron and wine, sounds breath taking to say the least with the Sm64 and dx90 paired, so please if you are a fan of indie-folk or iron and wine in general I highly recommend listening to this ep through. It will be a gratifying experience if you have any tastes like my own

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #1,352 of 1,656
  Okay, so firstly I have hit an aw struck moment with the SM64/DX90 combination last night and I wanted to share my experience as it has kind of left me awe-struck. 

The track is a indie-folk song from one of my favorite ep's around in the genre, the Woman King ep from Iron and wine, sounds breath taking to say the least with the Sm64 and dx90 paired, so please if you are a fan of indie-folk or iron and wine in general I highly recommend listening to this ep through. It will be a gratifying experience if you have any tastes like my own

Sure all the SM64 lovers have that awe struck moment with a track that is special to them. Glad you are enjoying them! :)

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #1,353 of 1,656
  Sure all the SM64 lovers have that awe struck moment with a track that is special to them. Glad you are enjoying them! :)

I can confirm this.

Nov 18, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #1,354 of 1,656
Nov 19, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #1,355 of 1,656
Visiting my parents for the holidays soon so going to the States, will order these then. I had GR07s but the left ear piece died, out of nowhere. Anyway, forced the trigger pull to upgrade so I'm not going to complain. I will be able to confirm this in a few weeks but does anybody know if the VSonic tips that came with the GR07 (there are a ton of tips) fit onto the SM64? I haven't quite made it through all 91 pages yet, but a search didn't come up with anything.

Will get a DAC/AMP as well to run out of a Droid (which I need to get also) at some point in the near future. I cannot wait, it's been a week now since the GR07s bit it and I'm dying.

Located in Stuttgart FYI if anyone else is around.

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #1,356 of 1,656
  Visiting my parents for the holidays soon so going to the States, will order these then. I had GR07s but the left ear piece died, out of nowhere. Anyway, forced the trigger pull to upgrade so I'm not going to complain. I will be able to confirm this in a few weeks but does anybody know if the VSonic tips that came with the GR07 (there are a ton of tips) fit onto the SM64? I haven't quite made it through all 91 pages yet, but a search didn't come up with anything.

Will get a DAC/AMP as well to run out of a Droid (which I need to get also) at some point in the near future. I cannot wait, it's been a week now since the GR07s bit it and I'm dying.

I am not sure, if the gr07 is a thicker nozzle then most likely no. The westone tips are considered ideal tips for the SM64, they have a bit longer and thinner barrel/nozzle

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #1,357 of 1,656

I have tried Westone True tips/Star tips, Shure Olive tips, Comply size 100 tips. They all work fine but found Westone True tips largest size to fit best for my ears.

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #1,358 of 1,656

I am glad that you like the Sm64. I am still keeping one for myself. It is my most fav iem in $500 range. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #1,359 of 1,656

I am glad that you like the Sm64. I am still keeping one for myself. It is my most fav iem in $500 range. 

Yeah between the FIdue A83, as a hybrid, the SM64 as a BA and the Havi B3 as a dynamic I am set for now with IEMs for a while. I am actually looking at getting a custom cable for the SM64 ending into the PB2 6pin balanced male plug. Does anyone know the name of the kind of cable the two prong cable that goes into the SM64 is called?

The Sm64 and Fidue A83 have to be some of the best sounding IEMs you can get under 500$. THe A83 is a bit more upfront with it's details and the low end is very natural but has good impact and tonality, the midrange is smooth but a bit lighter with the notes than the SM64, the treble slightly bright(not for me but others) airy detail. The SM64 fits my ears very very well, sounds very good in the low end maybe not as natural tone wise as the A83 but very close to sound quality, and in some instances I prefer the SM64's low end. Mids are a real treat Warmer tonality but very natural sound and good detail, the treble being smoother but still very enjoyable, the SM64 is better sound stage width and the A83 has maybe more of a 3d scope to it. Both are awesome.

Dec 23, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #1,360 of 1,656
  Yeah between the FIdue A83, as a hybrid, the SM64 as a BA and the Havi B3 as a dynamic I am set for now with IEMs for a while. I am actually looking at getting a custom cable for the SM64 ending into the PB2 6pin balanced male plug. Does anyone know the name of the kind of cable the two prong cable that goes into the SM64 is called?

The Sm64 and Fidue A83 have to be some of the best sounding IEMs you can get under 500$. THe A83 is a bit more upfront with it's details and the low end is very natural but has good impact and tonality, the midrange is smooth but a bit lighter with the notes than the SM64, the treble slightly bright(not for me but others) airy detail. The SM64 fits my ears very very well, sounds very good in the low end maybe not as natural tone wise as the A83 but very close to sound quality, and in some instances I prefer the SM64's low end. Mids are a real treat Warmer tonality but very natural sound and good detail, the treble being smoother but still very enjoyable, the SM64 is better sound stage width and the A83 has maybe more of a 3d scope to it. Both are awesome.

Whiskey, a bit ot, but hopefully the Thred will allow one question.

I love my 560's, Alpha Dogs a tad less, and I am looking to step into iem's, Joker gave me a bit of very good advice, start on the lower cost end to see if you like iems (My Wife thinks I look like a Dork with my PSBM4U1's and wants me to use iems). I appreciate your comparison of the A83 and SM64, these are my final candidates along with the FX850. Could you elaborate on a the comparison in the context of loving the 560  (highly modded), listening to a very wide range of music, not having great iem experience (I didn't like the Sony XBA-4's)? Thanks in advance!

Jan 20, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #1,363 of 1,656
I've just bought this. Waiting for delivery. 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back